News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Mahut/Isner

Started by Bryan Payne, June 23, 2010, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

At Wimbleton, these guys have now officially had one of the longest matches ever.  It was stopped yesterday because it got too dark.  restarted today and now shadows are already creeping across the court again.   Former record for aces in one match was 84 combined.  Isner now has 80 by himself and Mahut 68... no sing of it ended anytime soon.. total play time closing in on eight hours

Black Death

longest  set in history...83 games in one set and still counting ...

one of the guys is going to hit the wall soon ... it going to happen , but damn it history

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

cracking match. 5th set longer than any match at wimbledon

Black Death

longest match in tennis history

Bryan Payne

and it's still not over.  I mean... at this point you have to wonder how long could this thing conceivably go on?  Another full day... two?  At this point if they get ready again tomorrow and one of them puts it away right out of the box it's going to seem bitterly disappointing. 

FXBlade

It will be an anti climax in the morning now.

I didnt watch, but tis all any news channel has gone on about.  I'm not even going to watch in the morning i dont care how many records its going to break, i just dont find it interesting.

Black Death

well it have to end... but for a moment it had me glued to the tv

two guys gave it there all , and it still a first round match .  I enjoy it for two dudes who did not want to quit and refuse to lose 

Bryan Payne

Tennis is not an "easy" or restful activity... especially not at  that  level.  So you do at least have to admire the conditioning of these two  guys that they were physically able to keep at it that long.  Impressive.

Adam Wrong

No other sport has such a long style of game. Hats off to them and poor Isner today holds another Wimbledon record...

Shortest mens match this year as he lost his 2nd round match iin74 mins

Black Death

feel bad , plays his ass off , but you knew that he was done after the match was over .  hats off to him for not quiting

Bryan Payne

It's a real shame.  But the guy is really just starting out, hopefully he'll be able to build on this and later in his career smile about it... right now I'm betting he just wants to take a nap though lol

Adam Wrong

What will go against him is his age to be honest. He's 25 now and for tennis that is becoming 'over the hill' considering most of the top ten is around 25 barring Federer and Davydenko but they are already established in the top ten.

I would be very surprised to see him do big things in terms of being another big name. Possibly he could be another guy up there like Tsonga who shocked everyone the other year but it's a case of wait and see now the media interest will die down