News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Kyle Orton Waived?

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, November 22, 2011, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok...seriously?

I mean I understand right now everyone is on Tim Tebow's jock strap and he has found ways for Denver to win, but waiving someone who was the starter at the beginning of the season just makes me think that Tebow is now spiking Elway's juice as well.

With Jay Cutler fucked now for seemingly the rest of the season the Bears and no doubt a host of other teams might be in the mix for him. I hope we pick him up for the remainder of the season the guy was a winner in Chicago for the most part and I am not 100 percent on Caleb Heine obviously.

I am still pretty shocked by the waiver though...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gates

Definitely a shock, especially since Denver would have to go to, who, Brady Quinn if Tebow proves to be a pointless project? And Quinn hasn't proven anything himself.

Apparently the Texans passed on Orton, which actually shocked me a little bit, considering they would still have an outside chance. If the Bears don't try and bring him in, I'd say that there might be an injury with Orton that we're not being told of.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: C.J. Gates on November 22, 2011, 08:04:54 PM
Definitely a shock, especially since Denver would have to go to, who, Brady Quinn if Tebow proves to be a pointless project? And Quinn hasn't proven anything himself.

Apparently the Texans passed on Orton, which actually shocked me a little bit, considering they would still have an outside chance. If the Bears don't try and bring him in, I'd say that there might be an injury with Orton that we're not being told of.

The only other two teams which spring to mind are the Redskins which would be funny with Grossman there or the Kansas City Chiefs...

Texans passing is an interesting one as well.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well as I understand it and I might need correcting by an American or more informed NFL person.

Orton has this years contract before he is a free agent so I'd imagine most teams might see him as a short term back up option rather than someone like Seattle who he would expect to get a longer term deal out of.

For me a team like Seattle if I am right would probably pass on the basis of seeing what the draft presents and the fact someone like Orton might well be a free agent at the end of the season anyway.

To me he ends up going to a team making a run for the playoffs who have lost a starter.

Midas

Well from what I have read about it, Orton heard of Cutlers injury and began to push his agent hard for a release from Denver. If this is true then that would imply Orton wants to come back to Chicago and feels that he can and will be picked up by the organization at this point.

First I have heard about Houston passing but I have heard word about Kansas City, Washington and Chicago being interested...

I personally think this is the best option, I thought they should have never benched Orton and I think he can give Chicago the wins it needs to stay in the playoff hunt...

Lets just hope the Bears are willing to spring for him seeing how he cost 2.5 Million for the remainder of the season.

Gates

If it's true that he has this years contract and then he's a FA, a team like Washington would need to be sure they could lock him up. Chicago, Kansas City, and Houston are all teams with established QB's who are injured. Washington is just a huge mess of shit right now - neither Grossman or Beck are the long term option.

Black Death

2.5 million is on his contract for the rest of the year ... the Bears are in the top spot to grab him  being that he would make a nice stop gap.

Ian your right , more likely playoff chasing teams  are interested because of his contract. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

As a Redskins fan I will gladly take anybody over Beck and Grossman. 

I actually see the Chiefs being the team to get him.  They aren't too far out of the playoff picture yet, but need to make a run and the only way they will do that is with an established QB.  I don't see the Texans trying to get him because 1) They are a run dominant team 2) Leinart has been a back-up for almost a full year now and better understands the offense 3) They are too close to winning the division to mess it up by bringing in a QB that doesn't know the offense yet.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The Bears are right down the waiver hunt though every team bar two are ahead of them...Atlanta might take him just to fuck us over.

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Midas

GM Franchise

I'm not too shocked by this because Orton may be a good quarterback but his last two years haven't been all that good. Last year Denver had their worst season ever as a franchise with him as the starter and starting 1-4 with him only made this more inevitable. This is a good move for all parties involved.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

As I said in this post, I knew it was going to be the Chiefs and if you watched last night's game you can see why they did it.  Granted, Palko kept them in the game, but on had three interceptions including the last one with a minute to go in the game while they were driving down the field to tie the game.  He's just not capable of leading a team.  Orton will come in and immediately help the team because defenses will now have to respect the passing game again which will help the run game.

T-Bonizzle

I think Palko could be the starter. He just needs more time. He does some great things...and then some not so great things.

You can't expect magic in two weeks. It was foolish for them to pick up Orton. The Chiefs are well out of the playoffs race. You let Palko start the rest of the season and give him some experience. A team in a win now mode needs Orton. A team out of the playoffs like the Chiefs are don't.

What's the point of having a back-up if you don't trust them to lead the team if your starter goes down?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well to be fair, Orton's contract is only till the end of the season so it creates an option for them to bring him in on a permanent basis next year before he becomes a somewhat luke warm free agent or goes elsewhere.

I mean Matt C. hasn't exactly proved to be the Chiefs answer, I think its smart by KC and then decide towards the end of the season do they want a QB controversy for 2012.