News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #15: 2012-13 MVP

Started by Cory, December 11, 2012, 08:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Charles Tillman...more forced fumbles than anyone in the league, best corner in the game, 3 ints all 3 returned for TDs.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

Quote from: Trumpers on January 02, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Charles Tillman...more forced fumbles than anyone in the league, best corner in the game, 3 ints all 3 returned for TDs.

And led his team to the playo... oh wait.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

lol

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

Cory

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jon on January 02, 2013, 10:20:32 PM
And led his team to the playo... oh wait.

Under that motto we should only ever give out awards to playoff bound Quaterbacks and offensive skill players of a Captaincy nature. Regardless of whether they win an actual Superbowl or not. Colin Kapernick please come and accept your award...

I personally think Tillman has bee a massive difference maker this season and has had some incredible stat lines, but cornerbacks and defensivebacks generally would be overlooked in this position.

The Bears should have made the playoffs, but didn't and JUST missed out...though Tillman's exceptional play was a joy to watch and on top of that, he is top class off the field guy as well.

Jon

Quote from: Trumpers on January 03, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
Under that motto we should only ever give out awards to playoff bound Quaterbacks and offensive skill players of a Captaincy nature. Regardless of whether they win an actual Superbowl or not. Colin Kapernick please come and accept your award...

I personally think Tillman has bee a massive difference maker this season and has had some incredible stat lines, but cornerbacks and defensivebacks generally would be overlooked in this position.

The Bears should have made the playoffs, but didn't and JUST missed out...though Tillman's exceptional play was a joy to watch and on top of that, he is top class off the field guy as well.

Well seeing as the only 3 non-offensive players to win the AP NFL MVP award all were on playoff teams, two of them on SUper Bowl winning teams, I'd say it's a pretty accurate motto.

Tillman has a great shot to win Defensive Player of the Year, but even then, there are other canditates like JJ Watt & Aldon Smith that are more deserving, in my opinion. But Tillman should be in that discussion for sure. Just not in the NFL MVP discussion.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

Tillman's play also forced teams to throw at Tim Jennings, who led the league in INTs this year.

I dont think he should be MVP, but he was definitely a force.

Peterson gets my vote. 2,000 Yards rushing is still a monster plateau to reach, especially in the "Passing league" ...its not his fault Ponder is a shitty QB.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Cory

Tillman was a beast, helped my fantasy team in my league win the championship. A top 3 defensive player this season? Without a doubt. Best cornerback this year? Mhm.

MVP tho....noooooo

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jon on January 03, 2013, 02:02:14 PM
Well seeing as the only 3 non-offensive players to win the AP NFL MVP award all were on playoff teams, two of them on SUper Bowl winning teams, I'd say it's a pretty accurate motto.

Tillman has a great shot to win Defensive Player of the Year, but even then, there are other canditates like JJ Watt & Aldon Smith that are more deserving, in my opinion. But Tillman should be in that discussion for sure. Just not in the NFL MVP discussion.

My point being that there is a discussion going on here about the value of x player putting his team into the playoffs. So if the Broncos went out before the AFC Championship game then really what did Payton Manning do? Got them into the playoffs...slow clap.

Since we dont know who is going to win the Superbowl, pretty much 99 percent of the players mentioned didnt lead their team to the end of the Playoffs. There isnt an extra money incentive for finishing 4th or going out in the wild card portion of the season.

So basing it on regular season stats I am going with Tillman, your sarcastic post about the Bears not being in the playoffs is irrelevant since making the playoffs means jackshit unless you win the Superbowl.