News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Debate #16: ROTY

Started by Cory, December 17, 2012, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 03, 2013, 02:00:45 PM
Wilson exceeded expectations mor than RGIII and Luck which should be factored in. Kuechly had a monster year. Defensive Rookie of the Year hands down.

How do you exceed expectations when there were none?  As Jon pointed out and I've said before, RGIII had the toughest test overall.  1) The Redskins gave up Heaven and Earth to get him, 2) Overall team was far less talented, 3) The expectations as a Heisman winner 4) The offensive style he played in college.

He's taken the Redskins to be the NFC East Champions which hasn't been done since 1999.  He's proved he's worth all the draft picks the team gave up plus more.  He's a legitimate passing threat as well as running threat.  He's harder to stop than any of the other two.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2013, 02:13:52 PM
How do you exceed expectations when there were none?  As Jon pointed out and I've said before, RGIII had the toughest test overall.  1) The Redskins gave up Heaven and Earth to get him, 2) Overall team was far less talented, 3) The expectations as a Heisman winner 4) The offensive style he played in college.

He's taken the Redskins to be the NFC East Champions which hasn't been done since 1999.  He's proved he's worth all the draft picks the team gave up plus more.  He's a legitimate passing threat as well as running threat.  He's harder to stop than any of the other two.

Also made the pro bowl, which the other two did not, as of right now. Of course that could change when replacements start being named for injured players and super bowl participants. But he was an initial pro bowl mention which speaks volumes for the season he has had.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Uhh, Im on the RG3 > Luck side but the Redskins were more talented than Colts. Colts straight up traded Dallas Clark/Pierre Garcon before Luck got to training camp.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Cory on January 03, 2013, 02:35:22 PM
Uhh, Im on the RG3 > Luck side but the Redskins were more talented than Colts. Colts straight up traded Dallas Clark/Pierre Garcon before Luck got to training camp.

Dallas Clark is past his prime and Garcon is only as good as his QB, which Manning helped him and RGIII did this year.  Luck has Wayne and RGIII has had to compensate for a lackluster defense that just started playing the past two weeks.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2013, 02:13:52 PM

PLEASE tell me this is a joke. Seattle's entire offense was Marshawn Lynch before he got there. They made the playoffs with a losing record the year before that. The Redskins play in a WEAK division. WEAK! The NFC East is the most overrated division in football. The Giants are not consistent at all, the Eagles are a mess, and the Cowboys are the most overrated team in football. He's proven that? He hasn't proven anything yet except he's an above average quarterback who is injury prone and got help from Alfred Morris, who gets little credit whereas RGIII gets all the credit for the Skins offense.

Quote from: Jon on January 03, 2013, 02:19:20 PM
Also made the pro bowl, which the other two did not, as of right now. Of course that could change when replacements start being named for injured players and super bowl participants. But he was an initial pro bowl mention which speaks volumes for the season he has had.

Drew Brees deserved the Pro Bowl more. The guy threw 43 touchdowns. 43! Sure, the Saints were a mess most of the season but instead it turned into a popularity contest and RGIII since he's the most popular player right now. RGIII is not a Pro Bowler in my opinion. A guy passed for 5,177 yards and didn't get in the Pro Bowl? Give me a break.

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2013, 02:37:21 PM
Dallas Clark is past his prime and Garcon is only as good as his QB, which Manning helped him and RGIII did this year.  Luck has Wayne and RGIII has had to compensate for a lackluster defense that just started playing the past two weeks.

The last two weeks? Lol what about during their win streak? They played clutch when they needed to and got the wins. It wasn't all just RGIII which has been my entire argument about him to begin with.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 03, 2013, 02:59:05 PM
PLEASE tell me this is a joke. Seattle's entire offense was Marshawn Lynch before he got there. They made the playoffs with a losing record the year before that. The Redskins play in a WEAK division. WEAK! The NFC East is the most overrated division in football. The Giants are not consistent at all, the Eagles are a mess, and the Cowboys are the most overrated team in football. He's proven that? He hasn't proven anything yet except he's an above average quarterback who is injury prone and got help from Alfred Morris, who gets little credit whereas RGIII gets all the credit for the Skins offense.

Drew Brees deserved the Pro Bowl more. The guy threw 43 touchdowns. 43! Sure, the Saints were a mess most of the season but instead it turned into a popularity contest and RGIII since he's the most popular player right now. RGIII is not a Pro Bowler in my opinion. A guy passed for 5,177 yards and didn't get in the Pro Bowl? Give me a break.

The last two weeks? Lol what about during their win streak? They played clutch when they needed to and got the wins. It wasn't all just RGIII which has been my entire argument about him to begin with.

Drew Brees threw almost 700 times on a team whose run game is non-existent.  Of course he is going to put up Madden like stats.  It's inevitable.  You saying RGIII is an average QB is a joke.  NFC East has been down this year, yes, but trust me in won't stay that way for long.  And did you read what you typed...the Seahawks made the playoffs with a losing record...that's how weak their division is. 

And we are telling you that it's not all Russell Wilson.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2013, 03:25:36 PM
Drew Brees threw almost 700 times on a team whose run game is non-existent.  Of course he is going to put up Madden like stats.  It's inevitable.  You saying RGIII is an average QB is a joke.  NFC East has been down this year, yes, but trust me in won't stay that way for long.  And did you read what you typed...the Seahawks made the playoffs with a losing record...that's how weak their division is. 

And we are telling you that it's not all Russell Wilson.

I said ABOVE average. Go back and look.

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 03, 2013, 02:59:05 PM
He's proven that? He hasn't proven anything yet except he's an above average quarterback who is injury prone and got help from Alfred Morris, who gets little credit whereas RGIII gets all the credit for the Skins offense.

That sums it up alright. NFC has been for at least the last two seasons and would be considered even weaker if the Giants hadn't won the Super Bowl last season. That was TWO seasons ago. Look at the NFC West now. The Niners and Seahawks have two of the top five defenses in the league, the Rams are on the rebound, and despite how bad the Cardinals are they were ranked 12th in team defense. In fact the entire division was in the top 15 in defense. Using the NFC West is weak as an argument is a non-argument anymore. The NFC West has two good teams and one up and coming team. The NFC East by comparison has three non-consistent teams and a team that is falling apart. And it's not all just Wilson but he's not getting the hype RGIII is. And we'll see who's better this weekend when they play their first playoff game against each other.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

My bad...must have been reading too fast.

GM Franchise

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

And yet Blair Walsh is still the obvious one...got his team into the playoffs no less.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'