News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Cory, January 02, 2010, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

Could happen yeah, if they're ready to admit they made the wrong call by cutting Warner loose and declare the Marc Bulger experiment DOA.. not sold that they are.  I still think they think the guy walks on water.  Still.... I think St Louis would be better served by yes trading down (if they can it's getting hard as hell to manage it what with the salary cap hit the first couple picks mean.. will depend on how the new agreement shakes out).  Rebuilding their offensive and defensive lines and maybe picking up a journeyman RB in free agency to pair with Jackson.  Then at least they might crawl back into the range of being at least mediocre.  Especially considering the number of QB prospects that will be there in this draft, I think there's going to be people into the late second and early third rounds that have potential to play... who knows.

Alas... as you say... Detroit's story more or less proves teams are reluctant to do that.  I was wrong about the kid Detroit drafted he can play, for how long with the beating his taken remains to be seen, if they don't give the boy some protection he'll end up going the way of Carr and Harrington.  Get beaten until he gets happy feet.   

Doug E Fresh

Tebow goes 2nd round at the highest to the Eagles.

Malic

Look as much as I would love to have Tim I think St. Louis will be taking either Bradferd or The kid form Texas. Both fit them a bit better.

TheOuotcastLegendTheWolf

you guys are neglecting one aspect of this that has MAJOR implications:

Most NFL coaches don't even consider him a QB, but rather a halfback or a (GASP) Fullback at best. The spread offense in the NCAA has ruined most college QB's, and Tebow is one of the biggest success stories that comes out of that. Do I think that he should be a fullback? hardly, but if you think about it, his best bet to succeed would to become a full time halfback. Sure he most likely doesn't want to do that, but it makes sense.

1) It's easier to adapt to the NFL as a running back than it is as a QB.
2) He won't be getting his head knocked in on EVERY DAMN PLAY and be the focal point of linebacker's wet dreams with vicious sacks running through their heads.
3) If he goes to a "Wildcat" offense, he will still get the chance to pass the ball as well as put up a sh*t load of rushing yards. Hell he might even get some passes CAUGHT!

That being said, here are the three seneiros (SP?) that I see happening.
1) He is drafted high (first round somewhere) as a QB and FAILS MISERABLY! A back-up his entire career and out of the leauge to be a full time missionary at the end of his FIRST contract.

OR

2) He is drated lower (say high second round) as a QB but is told that should he not become the QB that they want him to that he will be turned into a HB. He'll run wild as a RB and have a decent career there.

OR

3) He'll be drafted in the late second round by the Patriots with no intention of him getting the QB spot. Think about it. He's Belicheat's type of player in that his versatility (SP?) is beyond compare. He'll be told that he is Third string QB, and Fred Taylor's back up. He'll practice like a maniac and evetually become the QB of the future for the Pats, after learning the ropes from Tom Terrific.

I think that out of those options, 1 or 2 would be most likely (depending on how teams think that he'll be in the NFL) and that three would only be should he get hurt on a trip to some random 3rd world country between now and the draft.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

My new call is a publicity stunt for the Jacksonville Jags to fill out their attendance.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Bryan Payne

Thought I'd give this topic a bump after Tebow's horrible showing in the Senior Bowl.  Has anyone changed their minds about his ability to transition into the NFL?  And what do you think about the rumors he's already in negotiations with a thus far unnamed CFL team (Canadian Football League)?

Cory

His o-line was kinda shitty....the lack of showing from every other east QB showed that it wasn't just Tim.

CFL? I'd merk for that, prolly could catch a game but wont happen. Jags/Phins/Bucs will get him early 2nd for ticket sales alone, let alone his talent (I think hell be a starter come 3rd season)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Nero Cain

When I was in high school my and this girl had a big fight 'cause she's a 'Noles fan and I'm Gator.

Tebow WILL be  a first round pick.  What made him so good in college was his ability to control the tempo of the game and read defenses.

His fate relies what the Bucs and Redskins do. The Bucs have QB options so I think they'd go defense. The 'Skins biggest need is OL so I wouldn't be suprised if they pass up.  Seattle will take a QB @ 6 or 14. Jacksonville will take a QB @ 11.

The 49ers will go OL with atleast one if not both 1st rd picks.

I COULD see him fallin; to the Pats @ 22 but I think thats a long shot.

Tebow will either be a Jag, 'Hawk or 49er after the draft.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I really think he will go to the Jags for marketing as well as the fact they need a QB. At the moment there isnt much reason to have a franchise in Jacksonville, I can see a lot of Gator fans following him to Jags games.

Cory

...same goes for Dolphins.

It'd help attendance, it'll give them a future QB, as Pennington is hurt 97.5% of the time, and Henne isn't 'the future', neither is Pat White. Grab Tebow and put him in the pefect team scenario for him.

That being said, I can agree and see Jags picking him up with their 1st.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on February 06, 2010, 11:36:08 AM
...same goes for Dolphins.

It'd help attendance, it'll give them a future QB, as Pennington is hurt 97.5% of the time, and Henne isn't 'the future', neither is Pat White. Grab Tebow and put him in the pefect team scenario for him.

That being said, I can agree and see Jags picking him up with their 1st.

Offensive fit, you are dead on he would suit a Dolphins offense better. Big difference though, is if the Dolphins play better they have a fan base...Jacksonville never really have.

Bryan Payne

The trouble is that the Dolphins don't really need a QB right now.  And might favor drafting a running back in case Brown doesn't come back with quite the same pop and Williams returns to the rasta-party.  Hene played pretty well filling in, room for improvement certainly, but enough to show that he's got a little something.  Pennington... well we've all counted him out before and he did nothing but roar back from injury with that chip on (and in) his shoulder to take yet another different team to the playoffs.  He might not have the strongest arm, but he is an emotional leader and knows how to control the football and keep the chains moving without landing his defense in trouble.

Cory

...and the best QB percentage in history.

I dont think they need a QB, but with Pat Whites horrific injury, and maybe drop Henne to a developing team for some decent cash.....theres room for Tebow. somewhat unlikely, but looking at it for a system + player combination, Tebow to the Phins is the best out of any player for a few drafts now.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I had a dream last night Tebow wasnt drafted and he went to be a QB/OL coach at some shitty college. Dont take herbals before bedtime.

Doug E Fresh

I had a dream last night that he was aborted...oh wait that was supposed to happen. Damnit.