News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Cory, January 02, 2010, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

I really, really can't see the Fins shipping off Henne to draft Tebow. Let's not forget that Parcells likes Henne, and it's more or less a given that Pennington's done. To start over with Tebow would be starting basically from scratch when they've already established a young nucleus.

It comes down to Tebow wanting to play quarterback. It's hard to deny that Tebow is a gifted athlete, but he insists on playing QB. If he would be willing to switch to safety or wideout or maybe even running back, he'd be a lock to go in the 1st or 2nd round. But since he's not, no team out there will likely burn a high pick on him. If he still insists on playing quarterback, look for him to go more than likely in the fourth round or later.

As is, the only teams that will consider drafting him are teams with uncertain QB positions. The most likely destinations are Jacksonville, Oakland and/or San Francisco. Lesser likely would be Seattle, Carolina or Tennessee. Jacksonville would gain the most from taking Tebow (for reasons already stated). San Francisco is the team most likely to surround him with playmakers, as they're not afraid to spend some loot. And Oakland...sheesh, who would want to end up there?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I dont see San Fransico based on the fact I think Alex Smith is slowy getting there.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Bryan Payne

Agreed, it would be a great position to find yourself in as a rookie qb I think.  But if the 'Niners are ready to give up on Smith I think they'd do so with one of the more traditional pocket qbs in the draft.  Then again when you're talking about last first day early second of the draft a lot of teams get wildhairs and just draft pure talent with little idea of how to use it and dump it into the coaches lap.  I could very well see a team drafting tebow for no other reason than to add a wildcat formation like the dolphins tried to do with pat white and like the eagles did with Vick.

Hondo

I dunno about Smith, to be honest. I've never really been sold on him and I still don't see it in him. I could see San Fran taking a shot on him if the opportunity arises late.

But interestingly enough, I'm seeing a lot of parallels with Eric Crouch. Am I alone seeing that? I mean look, you got two run-heavy QBs who played for powerhouse programs, both own a Heisman, both aren't seen in pro football circles as NFL caliber quarterbacks. Both were asked to switch positions. Both balked. Both drew interest in the CFL (in which Crouch went on to play). The only real difference is that Tebow doesn't have the alleged attitude problems that Crouch did.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I really see no over destination than Jacksonville right now and I think its worth noting how important the actual marketing is for this. Whether we think Tebow is amazing or not, it would get people behind Jacksonville to have him in the team and thats what a club like that needs right now a legit name/star to get people buying tickets.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

...plus their O-line is pretty good, block for MJD well every year....a pretty good system/players for Tebow to be surrounded by. He could learn from Gerrard who is one of the most accurate QB's in the league at times (only three 3 picks all year in 07). All in all, its not a bad deal for both sides.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE