News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Thoughts on the playoffs?

Started by Bryan Payne, January 11, 2010, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

Ok so this weekend saw the Jets beat the Bengals... the Cowboys demolish the Eagles (woohooo!!!)... The Cards squeaking by the Pack..   and my personal favorite of the weekend the Ravens smacking the Pats around like a two dollar ho.

Which was your favorite? what do you think going forward?

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Bryan Payne

Oh yes, it says something when the highlight of the game for your QB is running up against the Plexiglas barrier pregame trying to scare a fan.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Bryan Payne

The Cards not having a face mask called at the end of the game... lucky.   
Pete Carol ducking out of USC just ahead of a major scandel involving NCAA violations, almost TOO lucky (perhaps even planned?)
Erik Mangini keeping his job... gift from god..
  Totally and utterly demolishing a divisional rival not once, but TWICE in back to back weeks (and beating them a third time on the reg season on top of that).... that... that's just priceless.

Cory

Bryan Payne

Yeah I know, just goes to show the best team doesn't always win with those fluke blow outs like last season huh?

Black Death

it going to hurt cory for least  all summer ... poor cory  now he feels the pain we cowboys fans felt last years...  truth your team cory needs a New QB ,  mcnabb may have reach his end for that team . 

Colts vs ravens is going to be tough game , but  colts force the ravens QB to try to win it with his arm and he will fail .

Jets  have a great D , but the Super chargers smash them and bring them down to earth

Upset special , Arizona will down the saints in the super dome ,  i called it first .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Doug E Fresh

I saw an Eric Mangini comment up there...what's that have to do with the playoffs?  (Be nice to my Browns lol).

Loved the Ravens kicking ass and loved the Cards winning albeit the lack of face mask called at the end.  The Saturday games sucked period.  We knew the Jets and Cowboys would win there was no drama.

Now what is sweet is my chance to win $250 bucks because me and 4 other dudes I know all did a super bowl bracket for $50 a piece with winner take all and I got all 4 games right so far lol.

Cory

I dont think its all Mcnabb.

I would rather keep McNabb......DEFINATLY rid of their offensive coordinator..hes terrible...and the look at Reid before removing McNabb

Bryan Payne

I've read from a few people over the last week that it may be a case that, sort of like the Pats, it might be a case of the core of the same team staying together with too long.  With talent drain on the edges... you combine that with packing very very young talent around McNab on the offense.  For one thing what happened to Westbrook in that game?  He was like the forgotten man and that offense just doesn't go without him.  If it's a case where Reid or the offensive coordinator thinks he's done or on the downside... they might want to look into a little something called building a running game in the off season.  That might help.  That said.  I don't think Mcnab is washed up yet, he's still got a couple good seasons in him I think...  if the weight of coming up short that many times hasn't already weighed him down on some level.  But only he can really answer that question, if he's still got the fire and the drive physically he CAN still get the job done.  Only trouble is he's getting to that age where he's a ticking time bomb he'll have the physical skills and then like a day or a month will pass and suddenly he just won't anymore.

The Colts are scary good right now.  And they've been sold short almost all year, personally I think Manning is going to be looking ot make a statement in these next two games to put the kabash on "who the best qb" in football is once and for all.  Another ring with two of his top receivers being relatively unknown rookies until they started catching passes from Payton on top of it having come out that the Colts in the last decade have won more games than anyone in ANY ten year stretch in NFL history?  Oh yeah that'll do it. 

The Jets are punching above their weight, they were last week, and they are this week too.  With Henry down and Coles banged up, the Bengals didn't have an answer once Revis locked down on their star receiver.   The Charges have a bit more offensive options right now and the bye week to get healthy, they're not going to get it done.

The Cowboys match up very well against the Vikings.  Jones was on a roll so they rested Barber getting him a bye week rest on a Wildcard play off ticket.  That's going to pay big next week when he starts banging the hell out of that Viking front four.  Minnesota's O-line is terrible against pressure defenses, and both offensive tackles have been banged up to boot while going against Ware (the freak) and Spencer (the quiet producer).  Yeah, Farve can still pass the football, but he's still prone to trying to force passes when under pressure like he always did, and which has resulted in him being the all time INTERCEPTION leader in NFL history... it's not even close by the way..  he's going to spend time on his back most of this game, though getting the ball of to avoid the sack is going to result in at least 2-3 INTs from that young emerging secondary Dallas has.  Adrian Peterson hasn't broken 100 yards in a game in seven games.. .SEVEN games...  there's trouble in Viking land and Dallas is built right now to take advantage of where those problems are.  Vikings will only win this game if they are able to pound the football with Peterson to create some plays and stop the blitz, if they can't, Farve might have another argument on the sideline with Childress about coming out of the game.

Cards and Saints.  Hardest call of the night.  Warner is on FIRE, but the Saints are loaded with talent.  It's going to come down to the Cards D.. and I don't think they have the starch to come up that big with the game on the line two weeks in a row.

Doug E Fresh

Just a note about the Colts...

Peyton hasn't won the first game after getting a bye week...ever.

Bryan Payne

Well we can cross off that stat from the books now.  He was threading the needle all night long, that was insane the way he was sticking those balls in there.  Not sure anyone else could have moved the ball worth a damn against that defense the way they were covering.

And what happened to the friggen Cardnals?  Besides the obvious total lack of a defense of course....

Doug E Fresh

Peyton did get that monkey off his back.  Now I hope the chargers win to set up an excellent AFC Championship game.

The Cards...sucked flat out yesterday.  Warner took a huge hit that probably affected him in the second half cuz they even put Leinart in for garbage time.  And losing a starting CB and Safety for the game to injury isn't a good thing when you're playing against Easy Breesy.

Cory

.....what a sleeper that game was. Yawn.

Hopefully Vikings/Cowgirls is exciting.