News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Moving The Probowl.

Started by Bryan Payne, January 22, 2010, 12:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

So by now all Football fans should know.  This year instead of being played a week or two after the superbowl, the NFL Probowl is going to be moved to Miami (the same city the superbowl is in), and will be played the week before the Superbowl.   In addition to being somewhat pointless, this is also going to count out all the players from the two superbowl teams from even the possibility of playing in the game.  Just imagine the hell they'd catch if they DID play and got hurt?

Indy: 6 players.. including Manning, Wayne, Clark, Freeney..  I mean what's a probowl without THESE guys?
NY Jets: 4 players, but that's only part of the story, 3 of the offensive line for the AFC are from this team.  And, after the year he's had, Revis NOT making an appearance at this game or at the skills competition?.... which for me is one of the highlights of the year.

Vikings: 9 players
Saints: 6 players

Now the ProBowl has long been considered one of the most pointless games of it's kind of the American Leagues, but the nature of the game itself is what really makes that true.  You can't play this game in the middle of the year, because in every game you can bet on someone getting hurt.. you don't know who, you don't know how bad for sure, but the chance every week for catastrophic season or career ending injury exists.  The Hawaii experience was, I think, like a vacation for the players, sure some of them chose not to go, but there weren't many like that, most of them took the opportunity to fly out there with their families and have a season ending vacation with the family where it was all fun and no pressure.  It was school yard football.

Now?  I mean doing the math the fewest alternates that might have to be shoved into the starting line up is 10.  Out of 22 people on the field 10 of them wouldn't normally be there.  How is that a ProBowl?  Isn't that a "the other guy had better things to do" Bowl?  NFL please please please, switch this back.   The game doesn't matter either way unless you make the pregame coinflip dependent on the outcome... and that would backfire as the guys in your conference wouldn't WANT you to win really.

What are you thoughts on the subject?  Do you like the new system... does it matter?  Will you be disappointed if certain players aren't there because of the switch?

Ryan Ruckus

After the Superbowl, it's pointless, and nobody cares. Before the Superbowl, it's pointless, nobody cares AND it's dangerous. They should scrap the whole damn thing and just make it an awards ceremony.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE