News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Started by Cory, February 11, 2010, 10:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Im not so much against it as I am surprised. I would never have figured Tebow over Claussen or McCoy.

I think Tebow can be a good pro in the vein of Doug Flutie, in that he's got heart.  Heart can go a long way in the NFL sometimes.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Bryan Payne

This does open up the possibility that Minnesota might pull the trigger on Clausen or Colt in the second round even though they weren't willing to offend Farve by taking one in the first.

Exile

Quote from: Ash Bombay on April 23, 2010, 11:59:50 AM
I just don't see Tebow running over cornerbacks and such in the NFL as he was doing in college. Just not going to happen. And his jumping lob that he does, NFL linemen will bat that shit back into Tebow's face every time. Tebow being a pro, i'm not against. Tebow being selected in the first round, I'm against. Because too me, Tebow is just a new version of another Heismen qb who couldn't play in the pros. "Eric Crouch from Nebraska anyones?" And Crouch was faster, and could atleast catch. Just sayin.

yeah but he wasnt running over WAC players or Pac-10 pansies. This guy was doing it in the SEC. NFL Lite. If you dont think hes going to win, you are fooling yourself. Its all this guy knows how to do. It may not be pretty, it may not be prototypical. But he wins. Hell look at all the players taken in the first round that tebow has embarassed

Cory

Quote from: Lemke on April 23, 2010, 03:04:20 PM
yeah but he wasnt running over WAC players or Pac-10 pansies. This guy was doing it in the SEC. NFL Lite. If you dont think hes going to win, you are fooling yourself. Its all this guy knows how to do. It may not be pretty, it may not be prototypical. But he wins. Hell look at all the players taken in the first round that tebow has embarassed

THIS.

He'll be a starter next year.

I was really hoping that he went to the Pats so he could learn from Brady, but whatever.,

hes hoping Eagles get Mays with the 37.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ash Bombay

Clauson falls to middle of the 2nd round, and Colt McCoy to the third round. Hmm.

I just want to know why the hell the Vikings picked up Toby Gerhart. They already have AD.

The Rams picked up some needs, just don't know how well they will be, never heard of the guys. not sure why they didn't pick up Gerhart to be honest.

Cory

Gerhart/AP is going to be a sick backfield.

Im starting to like the Vikings more and more and like the Eagles less and less.

Cory

boom Philly got Riley Cooper out of Florida (WR)

sick pick

Hondo

I'm satisfied with Cincinnati's draft. They got Jermaine Gresham in the first, giving them a true threat at the TE that they haven't had since Jesus invented water. Plus they got a little depth in a few key positions. I'm satisfied.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

surprised LeGarret Blount didn't get drafted......I thought he would have gone in the 3-4.

49ers nabbed him up after.

Exile

Seahawks ran away with it. That was great. Love cincy's draft too even though i hate cincy. oakland did well and detroit made some of hte best pure selections

Black Death

Happy with Dallas   solid draft draft in my eyes , going to be a great season this fall
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Agree with Seahawks.....surprised they didnt go for Mays. I'd take Mays just on pure freakishness. He can play anywhere.

I'd say:

1. Lions -
2. Seahawks
3. Ravens
4. Raiders
5. Eagles

-Lions got Suh, and Best. The #1 Defensive player, and arguably #1 RB.

- Seahawks got Okung, Earl Thomas and Golden Tate. Hell, I think Cam Chancellor can turn into a playmaker.

- Ravens got Kindle, Cody (him and Ngata = cant run on Ravens), Dickson (really good TE)

- Raiders did well, McClain will really help their defence, Jacoby Ford is lighting quick, Bruce Campbell has some upside, and Houston....well never really hard of him.

- My Eagles did well, getting Brandon Graham who I think was the best end in the draft (well him or derrick morgan), Nate Allen, even tho I really wanted Taylor Mays, Allen is the safe bet and will be able to start next season, I HATED their 3rd round pick, (Daniel Te'o-Nesheim), I much would have had Novvaro Bowman or Everison Griffin there, Riley Cooper (im florida bias, hell be their 3rd string in a season or so), and what I think was one of the steals in the draft getting Lemkes LSU's Charles Scott in the 6th. I think if he cuts a few pounds and gets a little more speed, he'll be able to compete for the starting job with McCoy 2 seasons from now.

Bryan Payne

I pretty much agree with Cory's ideas about the draft... except where Oakland is concerned.  I really think they flubbed their first pick and lost some golden opportunities there.  They still haven't made their offense any more consistent and no matter how good your defense gets or is you have to be able to put points on the board to win consistently especially in the AFC.  I think if they were married to getting McClain they could have managed to put together a package deal with Pittsburgh to get Big Ben and swap first round picks as a way to do it and send maybe a second round over as well..  and acquired McClain later in the round... or another solid linebacker of which there were a couple more available in that first round. 

I think the fact that they didn't do that will show on the field that they really haven't improved their team going forward.  Not as far as addressing what was really wrong with it to begin with.

Exile

You are wrong about that for a couple of reasons. 1, Pittsburgh had no intention of getting rid of Ben, it was a scare job. Specifically they talked to Oakland because NO ONE wants to go to Oakland. Secondly Rolando McClain is going to be the next great defensive star. The guy is a defensive peyton manning, trust me I saw him shut down too many of my teams at Alabama to know that this kid is the very very real deal. They couldve moved down but honestly at that point there was nothing wrong taking him there and making sure that they go their guy. I fucking HATE alabama but you cant take a single thing away from the guy, very very smart, and spends more time watching film than most quarterbacks. Oakland did extremely well with this pick.

Ash Bombay

Since he watches more film then qbs, you think he can go ahead and teach Jabustcus Russell how to play QB?