Started by Cory, February 11, 2010, 10:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Russell is done.

He couldn't even play in the CFL.

Its Brucie's team now.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

if the Raiders want a project player, Id go after Troy Brown on the Ravens. I think if given a chance, he'd be a decent QB.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Bryan Payne

Yeah, that might have some possibility.  The trouble is except for a few key people they're a "project" team!  Until they fix that defensive line Mike Singleterry and Ray Lewis together in their prime aren't going to seriously help that defense.  If they wanted to do something to beef up their D, trade down... take the safety to build on the strength of the unit the secondary and they still could have gotten a quality linebacker prospect later in the draft. 

McClain does look good, but he had great players all around him.  Now he's going to be playing against better players with not as good support.  He's got Seymore on the end the guy who's name I can't spell but plays lights out at corner and a guy who *might* turn out to be a good tackle... no proof of that with the transition to NFL.  He's going to get roughed up by Offensive guards all year because the teams don't have to respect their defensive line enough to require double teams (again exception Seymore. so they're going to be able to slide off blocks and free themselves up to slam a 300 lbs lineman putting him on his ass when he tries to plug the hole. 

He's not going to have the impact that a quality qb would have for that football team... because they are in desperate need of consistency on that side of the football.  They're in desperate need of *average* or *mediocre* on the offensive side of the football, let alone pro bowl.  Take the offered trade, Pitt offered it to them, Big Ben for a top ten pick.   It's not the first guy with off the field problems that Pittsburgh has moved... make the offer and if they agree then you know you've got something to build on.  Now what you have is a hope that a great college linebacker on a great Alabama defense can be that same player against better talent with worse support.

Ash Bombay

What I really want to know is...why the fuck is Darren McFadden sitting? The kids a beast. Atleast use him as a slot reciever / Reggie Bush type player.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Find some more hips for Bo and bring him back!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'