News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Surprises of the '09 season?

Started by Bryan Payne, February 26, 2010, 05:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

Now that we've all had time to develop the first rumblings of a football hangover.  What were your big surprises for this season?  What players emerged that you just didn't see doing it, what teams played much better than you expected?

Who is your sleeper for next season?  Player or team, rookie or vet. Who do you think is going to shock the world in 2010?

Cory

- Chris Johnson going for 2000 yards....really saw him at around 1300-1500 this season.
- Brett Favre actually had a monster year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Have to agree with Cory on both of those.  I also want to throw in that MJD backed up his words about having a great season when I didn't see him doing as well being the only back on a mediocre Jaguars team.

Larry Fitz officially broke the Madden curse!  Some say Favre did it the previous year but it did come out that he was playing hurt towards the end.

What I'd like to see in 2010...

I'd like to see the Browns sign either free agent LT or Westbrook as a compliment and a mentor to Jerome Harrison.  I'd like to see the epic fail of all USC quarterbacks (Palmer, Leinart, & Sanchez) and I'm gonna be bold and say this is finally the year the 49ers make it back to the playoffs by winning the always weak NFC west.

Hondo

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on February 26, 2010, 07:53:41 AM
I'd like to see the epic fail of all USC quarterbacks (Palmer, Leinart, & Sanchez)

As a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I'd like to tell you to go screw yourself.

;D

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Bryan Payne

First I'm going to start off with my disappointments of '09.

-Brandon Jacobs RB NYG.  Finally without Tiki or Ward in the backfield with him this was supposed to be the year the big man ran roughshod over the whole league.  Instead he just didn't get the job done.  The running attack that helped the Giants so much in the last couple seasons just wasn't there and it showed in their offense.

-Kerry Collins. QB Tenn.  From darling to villain it happens just that fast.  This time last year it was all about how awesome he was, now...  just another aging qb trying hang on.

Surprises of '09.

I agree with the picks so far but...

-Miles Austin WR Dal.  Are you kidding me?  From a guy they weren't even sure would make more than the practice squad to 1300+ yards?!  Looks like Jerry Jones could have saved himself some draft picks.

-Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie WR IND.  One guy caught four passes all last year, the other guy is a no name rookie.  Now they are vital cogs in the scariest passing attack in the NFL.  Apparently as long as you have a pulse 18 will get you the football.

-The Jets Defense.  Who saw THAT one coming?  Those boys flat out played a hell of a stretch at the end of the season and showed up all year.  IF they can bring those guys back and add another piece or two on that offense and give Sanchez another year to learn... better watch out.

Green Bay goes to the Superbowl.  That's right, I said it.  Aaron Rodgers is the real deal, and the Packers logged in the second rated defense in the league last year.  2010 is the year Rodgers slays the specter of how Farve left town and puts the few lingering doubters to bed for good. 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

FROM A SPECIFIC BEARS POINT OF VIEW:

- How much shit Cutler got this season with the lack of resources he has had.

- How the Bears defensively have imploded on so many occassions

- Matt Forte's sub par season

- Devin Hester forgetting to be exciting.

PLUS SIDE:

- Johnnie Knox who is going to have a beast of a season next year.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Exile