News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

McNabb traded from Eagles............

Started by Cory, April 05, 2010, 01:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

......................for a 2nd rounder this year and 4th next year.
Damn supertstar traded for alright draft picks.

Kinda pissed we didnt go to the raiders who offered nnamdi asomugaha

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

Wait... he went SUPER cheap!  And where did he get traded to?!  Does this mean Vick or Kolb is the starter?!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

kolb i think, buts its fucked. A player and a 2nd at least, like Landry/2nd or Moss/2nd

Fnord

WHERE did he get traded to, Cory?  lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Cory

Doug E Fresh

Traded within the division...terrible idea Philly.

Fnord

Although I feel your pain for losing McNabb from your team, McNabb on the Redskins is money.  They needed him desperately.  And he came that cheap?!  Good for him! 

Hondo

There's a lot wrong with this trade, really...

1) Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER trade a superstar to a division rival. That pretty much guarantees you'll almost certainly lose both games to them when McNabb seeks his revenge.

2) He may have went too cheap. One second and a three/four option next year? Please. You go two No. 2's or tell em to buzz off. McNabb's still got a lot of football left to play, why not get fair market value for him?

3) The Redskins are having a weird offseason. Now they got THREE, count em, THREE starter-caliber running backs in Portis, Johnson and Parker. Now you bring in a QB like McNair. Are there gonna be enough footballs to go around in DC?? At what point do all these guys implode upon themselves?

4) Washington has this uncanny ability to take any player who's been doing reasonably well, overpay them, then watch as their production drops off and they become shells of their former selves. Apologies to Skins fans, but your franchise sucks the souls out of players. I really don't know if McNabb had any input on the trade, but if he did he needs to be slapped royally across the face.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

This is a pretty shocking move for me personally...though it does mean that 4th pick in the draft will not be Clauson now which has been hotly debated for the Skins fans.

Also, if I read on nfl.com that the Bears had a shitty off season one more time I am going to do some karate kicks!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Bryan Payne

The skins might go D or O line in that case....  to keep McNabb upright and help those running backs.

In regards to Hando's point about the running backs they've got.... yeah they've got three running backs... three that some people think are on the decline.  So playing round robin like the cowboys and giants do/did with multiple 1 and 1a options at the position is almost becoming something you have to have in the NFC East to compete against the pass rushes they've got. 

I could still see a rationale for taking Clauson too if they're compeletely sold on Jason Campbell being done they might take a guy like Clauson because remember McNabb only has one year left on that contract of his, if they do implode like the free agent soaked skin's always seem to....  he might well try to skip town.  Sure they could franchise him, but that could get expensive depending on what happens with the Union talks (assuming there IS even a franchise tag option by then.. thinking maybe there won't be as a concession for tighter salary restrictions).  Which means they would need an option at qb if he walks.  And who better to teach a guy like Clauson how to survive in the NFC East that it's longest tenured QB?

Cory

Im more pissed that they didnt give him to Oakland. Nnamdi Asamouga was offered for McNabb. So are you trying to tell me, trading McNabb out of division and for a top 3 cornerback in the league, was beat by within the division and 2nd round draft pick?

ANdy reid is a stupid fuck.

Bryan Payne

I have heard a couple reports that suggested the Oakland trade was contingent on McNabb signing a new contract, which he might have been unwilling to do.  I sure as hell would not want to sign a long term contract with the Raiders to help a team that was giving me the shaft after I played lights out for them for that long.

Cory

Fnord

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I understand that every now and again you need to get someone like McNabb out the equation to that the team to the next level. Kolb is not Aaron Rogers let's remember that and Michael Vick is currently still being hunted by Scooby Doo for reparations. To get rid of Donnovan was bad enough, but what they got back in return was ridiculous and the Skins still keep their 4th pick in the draft. Shocking front office decision by the Eagles.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'