News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Kurt Warner

Started by Bryan Payne, May 16, 2010, 02:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

Ok guys.  I'm working on a bigger piece on Kurt Warner and as a teaser build up to it... I want to know what you think about the guy now that he's retired.

We all know his "story" a bagger in a grocery store and an arena football player turned superbowl MVP... with a wife that is scarier than LT.. and that's Lawrence Taylor...  not Ladanian Tomlinson..   taking a job as a high school girls basket ball coach...

But on the field.  HOF worthy?  Not HOF worthy?  Where do you rank him as far as qbs in last twenty years?

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Indeed, guy was a great QB and a Disney story in the making.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

jayallday83

HoF def.  his run with the Rams was just incredible...400 yards pasing for him was just another day at the office.

Cory

Yeah, HoF.

The greatest show on turf would have been enough, but his success with Cards make it even more deserving.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Geordie

Definitely Hall Of Fame worthy, but the bigger question will be whether or not he's first-ballot.  First year of eligibility is 2015.

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Doug E Fresh

Should be first ballot without question. One of few quarterbacks to pass for what he has, have 100 TDs with two teams, lead two different teams to the Super Bowl and win one of them, I mean the guy's life could easily have a movie made about it starring Clive Owen.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I think he deserves the HOF, but I don't think he will be first ballot
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Cory

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on May 16, 2010, 03:47:37 PM
I think he deserves the HOF, but I don't think he will be first ballot

^ THIS.

Bryan Payne

Wow... anyone else read the rumors that he might come back for another season after all?

No sooner did we discuss this than...  well there you go.  Brett Farve part two.

Cory

for the Cards sake. If not, Cards wont win more than 4 gamesssss

Bryan Payne

I dunno..  about four.. but they definitely won't be serious play off contenders...

Cory

Leinart is awful. He'd play like every rookie QB in the last 5 years not named Matt Ryan (10-15 TDS, 20+ INTS), and now he wont have Boldin to help with his lack of experience/ability (seemingly), tho I do think if he can hold his own, Steve Breaston is on the verge of becoming a huge threat.. Their o-line isn't strong enough to rely on Hightower/Wells to play a Chris Johnson in Titans kinda role, with 200+ All purpose yard games. Their defence is as weak as it ever has been with losing Dansby, and Rolle (2 of their best players). They did replace them of sorts with Joey Porter and Kerry Rhodes, but both guys are about done in their careers.

Bryan Payne

True.  But bringing in a guy like Porter is about more than what he can do production-wise it's about leadership and the ability of young players to learn from his experience...  which can be invaluable especially when as you point out they're picking up from scratch.  The running game will be a little bit better next year, mostly because it'll have to be.. used more early in the season to protect Leinhart and slow down the pass rush..  and don't forget that with Breaston poised to break out and Fitzgerald on the other side the loss of Boldin doesn't really hurt all that much from a receiver stand point.  It does force them to go to a two back or two tight set, which can actually help them by giving them an extra blocker to pick up the blitz.

Now I'm not saying they're going 9-7.  But they're in a weak division so they're going to win more than four.