Carl Froch vs Jean Pascal

Started by Duckman, December 07, 2008, 02:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Anyone watch this fight last night on ITV?  It was fucking brilliant.  A really intense Super Middleweight tear up like the old Benn vs Eubank fights.

Froch is the lasted World Champion from the UK as he won the fight last night on all 3 judges cards and picked up the WBC Title.

The sad thing is he probably won't get the big UK super fight against Calzaghie as Joe probably only has one more big money fight left in him.

Still Froch looked great last night, took some seriously solid shots, but always looked in control and out boxed a really tough opponent.

If you can find this fight online check it out, awesome fight.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Quadzilla

Watched this in the pub last night with my mate and surprisingly... My missus. :o :o

Was awesome to see the Boxing worlds very own 'Cobra' kicking ass much in the same way I have to do in TFWF.  :D :D :D

;)

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Adam Wrong

Suprising because you have a gf or that you were watchin it with her? ;)

Quadzilla

Touché.

I was surprised she was actually watching the boxing with interest. And after 4 years any and all surprise about her being there has slowly zapped away from me. :p

By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Kenfucius

Froch's a beast, and it's really sad that he's only now started to grab his own piece of the limelight.

Already the comparisons to Calzaghe are there, dominance and control in the ring, the fact that he's been overshadowed in the media by the Great British Hype (Calzaghe was second to Lewis/Hatton in the press, Froch's a silent assassin compared to all the talk being bandied about by Amir "where's my chin?" Khan)

I doubt Froch has the tools to have a comparable career to Calzaghe in the end, but if he runs even close to it, he'll be one of the most respected fighters we've produced in a long while.

Quadzilla

He has the best ring name ever. That's a fact!