Hatton v. Pacquiao is a Go

Started by Kenfucius, January 29, 2009, 07:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenfucius

According to recent news reports, the fight has finally been confirmed after a bitter row between both camps about the purse split almost put the blockers on it.

Apparently, the two have agreed a 50/50 share of the purse now, and have signed a contract.

Manny Pacquiao v. Ricky Hatton will happen.

Date and venue: May 2nd, MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Comments? Predictions?

Personally, I think Manny stops Hatton in the latter stages of the fight, ninth or tenth would be my prediction. Hatton is nowhere near as good as his media hype in the UK, and he's a complete wreck of a human being outside the ring. Every time he fights, you see how he's fucked himself up in his off time. Manny is more discplined, just as strong, and a shitload faster, and he'll put Hatton of his back just like Mayweather did.

Marq

...who the fuck is Manny Pacquiao?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Smash INC

Manny in the 5th round.

Hatton hasn't got a prayer.

Duckman

Fight will go one of two ways.  Hatton comes out firing early and gets a flash knock down on Manny. Or, and this is how I think it will go, Manny knocks Hatton out late on in the fight ala Mayweather.

Hatton is past his prime there's no doubt about that.  He peaked with he beat Tzu a few years ago.  Plus the continual up and down in his weight can't do him any good at all.

Manny is in the prime of his career by the looks of him, even though he's had a lot of fights.  He looks incredibly strong and I don't think he'd run out of gas during a war with Hatton.

I think this will be one of the most exciting fights of the last 5 years with both guys going all out.  I hope there's no De La Hoya like break down where the body just can't handle it anymore.

I can't wait for this fight, it'll be a classic.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Well, I dont know a lot on Boxing, but the fact that I can beat anybody fighting with anyone on any weight class with Ricky Hatton in Fight Night Round 3, I'll be cheering for Hatton.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

Yeah I like Hatton too, but I hear Manny is like boxing's version of Georges St. Pierre.

I'm picking Manny, but I'd root for the underdog in Ricky Hatton.

Dazz

I like Hatton and I hope he wins but he hasn't got a chance. Pacquiao recently took Del La Hoya apart... Del La Hoya was robbed of victory over Mayweather by poor judges decisions... Mayweather was too good for Hatton when they fought (although the ref never let Hatton fight his fight). In the UK this fight might be close but in the States Manny's going to destroy him. 7th/8th round KO is my prediction unfortunately.

ThumbTack Jack

Gowan Hatton lad! Best local boxer as well as a fellow blue.

Marq

Duckman

This fight seems to have come around really quickly!

I've decided to stick a fiver on Ricky winning in the 4th.

With a fiver on Manny winning in the 10th.

Now, all I've got to do is stay awake until 4am to watch what should be a fantastic fight!

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

Hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ouch, dude. Sorry Hatton, fans -- but FUCK, that was a nasty fight.

I watched it with 500+ Filipino folks here in the city; rented out a theater and everything with the fight (more like massacre) projected on a huge screen. Jesus FUCKING Christ.

It was easily...

...without a DOUBT...

...the greatest thing Batista has ever been a part of. :)

jagilki

Kenfucius

That wasn't a fight. That was an execution.

I once asked Sam about 3-4 years ago whether he thought Calzaghe or Hatton was Britain's number one fighter. Time has proven out my theory on it being Calzaghe. If nothing else, Hatton fought that match like an idiot. I don't care how good your chin is (and it ain't that good anymore in the first place), you're up against the man ranked number 1 in the world pound for pound, he is faster than you are, and he's the best counter-puncher in the sport.

So yeah, putting your head down and charging in like a bull seems a BRILLIANT strategy, no way you're going to get opened up for a shot that'll leave you unconscious that way.

That KO was one of the most perfectly landed punches I've seen in the sport. It'll be up there on the greatest knockouts list soon enough.

What I thought would happen, happened. Just happened quicker than I figured.

Gary

Quote from: Marq on May 03, 2009, 01:13:11 AM
Hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ouch, dude. Sorry Hatton, fans -- but FUCK, that was a nasty fight.

I watched it with 500+ Filipino folks here in the city; rented out a theater and everything with the fight (more like massacre) projected on a huge screen. Jesus FUCKING Christ.

It was easily...

...without a DOUBT...

...the greatest thing Batista has ever been a part of. :)

LOL.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

Kenny is spot on.  Completely stupid tactics by Hatton against a guy who is without a doubt the greatest boxer on the planet right now.

I think that's the end for Hatton, he won't come back from a knockout as brutal and decisive as that.

The best man won and he won in a way which proves that Hatton just doesn't have it anymore and probably should have retired after beating Tzu a few years back.

Still, now we've got Mayweather vs Manny to look forward too!!  If Mayweather gets by Marquez.

I do feel sorry for Hatton but it was completely his own fault for jumping in like that and leaving himself so open to that right hook.  That's Manny's most well known punch and if you can't work that out and get your left hand up to protect yourself, you shouldn't be in there with him.

A terrible night for British boxing but Manny has proved he is the best on the planet.

Peace

Duckman