News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Is it hypocritical?

Started by ¿PapaPancho?, August 26, 2013, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Isn't the consensus that time travel isn't possible because to travel through time you have to exist in a non-matter state (matter cannot travel faster than light) and it is not possible for us to transform in such a way.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Dorling on August 28, 2013, 03:23:57 AM
Isn't the consensus that time travel isn't possible because to travel through time you have to exist in a non-matter state (matter cannot travel faster than light) and it is not possible for us to transform in such a way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light

How the hell did this topic become about time travel?

Dorling

Justin

Back to the Future. They did it.

Jon Tees

Belief without action is pretty much meaningless. For example if you believe you have a soul mate and if the person is out there but live your life as a hermit or shut in and expect that person to just come to you, you'll be unlikely to ever meet them. I have met atheists with varying ranges of beliefs. The only thing they had in common was that they didn't believe in a higher power. But some of them believed in karma, the possibility of life after death, everything happening for a reason and destiny. So you are far from alone in believing in a soul mate. I have also encountered religious people who didn't believe in a fate or destiny that wasn't entirely up to them due to that free will thing. For example "God gave you the tools and ability to live the life that you want now go and live it."

On a completely unrelated note how do you feel about countries that poison their own people to make them sick/sterile etc in order for the people to have to seek professional medical treatment going to war with other countries for doing the exact same thing maybe to a greater extent but still?

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Hondo

I dare any of you to respond to Tees attempted misdirection. I double dog dare you.

I guess that's one way of getting around the whole no new topics thing.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Rob

I can kinda see how this can be swayed into a conversation about time-travel... I can almost see that.

But Tees' question.... What?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kieran King

He was going along the "is it hypocritical?" route. You don't actually have to answer his question, but I think he can probably get the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Hondo

Quote from: Kieran King on August 28, 2013, 10:39:23 AM
He was going along the "is it hypocritical?" route. You don't actually have to answer his question, but I think he can probably get the benefit of the doubt on this one.

No. He doesn't.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon Tees

Doing this In addition to poisoning our food and water supply

Chemtrails - Our Killer

And then wanting to go to war with Syria over using chemical weapons on their own people. Is there really that much of a difference?

"It's ok for us to poison our people so that they become ill and need treatment/die or become sterile etc. but if you even think of doing it to your own people we'll bomb you back to the stone age."

That's hypocritical

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.

Dorling

Quote from: Jon Tees on August 28, 2013, 10:59:09 AM
Doing this In addition to poisoning our food and water supply

Chemtrails - Our Killer

And then wanting to go to war with Syria over using chemical weapons on their own people. Is there really that much of a difference?

"It's ok for us to poison our people so that they become ill and need treatment/die or become sterile etc. but if you even think of doing it to your own people we'll bomb you back to the stone age."

That's hypocritical

What a load of conspiracy rubbish.

Jon Tees

Quote from: Dorling on August 28, 2013, 11:06:45 AM
What a load of conspiracy rubbish.

That's what they'd like you to think the more outlandish they make it seem the less likely you are to believe it even though it's true/could be true.

I do believe in the possibility of time travel including the possibility that our past may have been altered by people from the future. Imagine if the British actually won The Revolutionary War or if the South was victorious in the Civil War but these occurrences and outcomes were altered by time travelers.
What if someone with a screwed up life was supposed to be a powerful and influential person but through the efforts of time travelers their life was altered to become screwed up because the person becoming as they should have been would have somehow hindered the time traveler/benefactors. Maybe even romantic relationships were altered or destroyed by people using this technology like someone who wasn't in x place at x time being placed there and meeting someone who would have been someone else's future wife/mother of their children prior to that person arriving. 

Jon

I want to hijack this thread too!

Is it hypocritical for sustainability professionals to fly?

Also, I have no thoughts, input, or care at all about the question I asked. I just typed "is it hypocritical" in Google and it was the first response.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Dorling

Quote from: Jon Tees on August 28, 2013, 11:09:44 AM
That's what they'd like you to think the more outlandish they make it seem the less likely you are to believe it even though it's true/could be true.

'They' won't be happy you've exposed their evil plans Tees! RUN! RUN AND HIDE!