News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

ROTD - Spoilers, read results first

Started by Zombie Gunn, July 13, 2009, 11:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all that they've done with the show.  The roleplays were amazing to say the least.  It's rare that I can sit down and just read roleplays without any desire to get up and go do something else.  The creativity you all put forward on something that could have easily wound up being a failure is truly inspiring.

As with last year, my goal was to create a story that other people could have their characters involved in and enjoy just as much as any normal storyline they have in their home fed.  By what I read from you all, I think I reached that.  There were a few roleplays that really stood out in my mind and made me smile when I read them.

Ryan Ruckus, incredible.  I hadn't read anything of yours before this, so didn't know how it would turn out.  The cocky movie-star is an angle I see a lot, but one rarely executed as well as you seem to do.  I believed I was reading the notes from an actual director in an actual situation.

Katheryne Stryfe - You didn't make things easy for Ryan.  The perfect example on selling your opponent and providing a smooth transition, something very difficult to pull off in this kind of writing.

Garth Gaffney - I think you take a lot of heat OOC, but one thing is for sure... you can write.  Probably the most believable and natural roleplay of the lot.

Level One - You took a small seed of the story and made it into something incredible.  Up until then, I hadn't really gone into the darker side of The Eternal Circle.  I alluded to how evil this group could be, without actually showing it and your roleplay did just that.  It put it all out there as disturbing as they could possibly be.  I think, without your two roleplays the results would have felt hollow.  You set the basis of, "yeah... they're that evil."

Ken Fuqua - I gave you probably the most challenging bit to work with and you made it OH so clear.  Much props to you.

Draeden Darksky - Best storyteller of the bunch, you proved again why I'm your biggest fan.

Georgie Nickles - Everything had just a natural feel to it.  Kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

To everybody, thankyou much.  This has been a great experience.  I hope to have the hand-written part of ROTD converted to images at some point, but for now... glad to give you guys something to work with at the tourney.

Best of luck to everyone at the tourney and hopefully I can pop in onto the forums every once in a while to say hi.

Tezmission Black

I have to say that I did not sign up mostly cause I did not understand the concept completely and did not wanna mess something up. I think I understand what you where going for now with the whole story, you knew the beginning and the end but you wanted everyone else to write the main story, which after seeing the results the whole thing looked awesome.

Much props to Jesse for the comic style looked awesome and great good with the rps for everyone involved. Great show.