Anyone interested in starting a western Style Role Play forum game (read)

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 02, 2009, 09:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Hey all. Me and my friend Kane have come up with a good Idea for starting a western game for a forum.

In some ways Similar to how an efed is ran but many differences of course.

"Have you ever wanted to live back in the days of Wyatt Earp or Ben Wade? Ever wanted to become a fierce bounty hunter or a devious bandit? Now all your fantasies can come true as you step into the world of the wild west! In this forum based game, there is no limits! You can become the mayor of the town, or even be the sheriff. Or if you aren't the Law man type, try your luck as a professional gambler or the proud owner of a saloon. Join the Civil War and fight for your side. Even become a smuggler of weapons and alcohol and become rich fast! All this and more in the world of the wild west. Set in the town of Brimstone,  live YOUR life how you please."

Thats all I have so far. But the idea on running it is still not 100 % sure

We need someone who is keen on the idea who is able to help us start up a proboards forum (Proboards simply because of its fake money idea which would work very well with the game) and who is willing to be active in the construction and interactivity of the game.

All comments and ideas to make this game please let me know.

Regards Jordan

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

I've always thought it'd be cool to do sort of a horror movie/slasher type e-fed-like RPing game. Well, I mean it doesn't have to be a horror movie could be an action movie or mobster movie. Any type of movie where everyone dies in the end. The trick is that, unlike an e-fed, every match would be a battle royal. Everyone would be competing against everyone. None of the characters would be wrestlers. They'd just be characters which could fit in any setting.

Every month instead of a wrestling show your characters would all be involved in a "movie". For example: Post apocalyptic wasteland dystopia film and you're competing to survive. You always have the same character but are given an alternate reality situation. The movie itself would be split into two parts.

First half of the movie would be the RPs which would be in one thread or chain of events. Every RP works off the events of the RPs preceding and basically tells the story of your character in the setting.

Second half of the movie would be sort of the "results" or the climatic finally where everyone ends up killing the fuck out of each other in sequence of worst RP to best but in the end only the best survives.

Next month, you try a different movie setting.

Now, especially in light of the failure of my Black Alchemy project, I wouldn't touch doing such a project with a 10 foot pole. However, I just thought I'd get it out for the sake of expanding the imagination of whoever may read. I've always been intrigued by the concept of taking the competitive element out of e-fedding and placing it into some sort of other RP environment. It's just difficult. I mean, the competitive element of this game is why it thrives, and kind of why I never play non-efed RP games even though I enjoy the writing.

However, if somebody were ever to give this idea a shot(or could introduce me to something similiar), then I'd probably be the first one to sign up.

P.S. ...No, Jesse Gunn did NOT hack into my computer for a second there, lol.

Zombie Gunn

Lmfao, I'm reading this and thinking... "This sounds awesome." Then see the spot with me at the end was hilarious.

I was actually toying with the idea of an interactive zombie RP movie a while back but time was a big factor.

If anyone does either of these, I'm definitely game. Prefer the horror one, but as a Clint Eastwood fan I would have a blast with the western one too.

Question for the western one (since you started the thread) would there be environmental rules? For example, no time travelers or space aliens or is it open universe? Also I'm assuming there is a competitive aspect based on writing, I hope. I'm not looking to the return of the dice fed by any means. Also not a fan of the money system (or proboards for that matter). For me, the creative writing opportunity and the competitive nature of out-RPing is enough.

Lastly, if I were to do this would you allow me the rights to publish my own work should I convert it to a story?

Cory

You're friends with Kane? Nicce.

I've been in one of those type e-feds....and it was unusually fun. You can basically mutilate anything, kill anyone etc..(cliff could run wild with this). Kinda fun....not my cup of tea anymore, but they can work.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ryan Ruckus

I think the western thing is fun. And I romanticize the time period anyway. So I'd prolly give it a shot.

But Ex's idea: That's sounds like the SHIT. I think switching the genre up like you mentioned would be better than "just" horror. But repost in the future if you decide to "get back on the horse", cause I'd be on it in a minute. The idea, not the horse.

But it's a seriously cool concept. Even for an IRL pencil and paper game. Kinda like the old Rifts RPG.

I could mark out for the next ten minutes, but it'd be extraneous. Instead, I'll just PM you.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Jesse Gunn on September 02, 2009, 01:04:02 PM
Lmfao, I'm reading this and thinking... "This sounds awesome." Then see the spot with me at the end was hilarious.

I was actually toying with the idea of an interactive zombie RP movie a while back but time was a big factor.

If anyone does either of these, I'm definitely game. Prefer the horror one, but as a Clint Eastwood fan I would have a blast with the western one too.

Question for the western one (since you started the thread) would there be environmental rules? For example, no time travelers or space aliens or is it open universe? Also I'm assuming there is a competitive aspect based on writing, I hope. I'm not looking to the return of the dice fed by any means. Also not a fan of the money system (or proboards for that matter). For me, the creative writing opportunity and the competitive nature of out-RPing is enough.

Lastly, if I were to do this would you allow me the rights to publish my own work should I convert it to a story?

I would definitely give you the rights man, as long as you would put me in the special mentions :)

As for your question: Yes, the environmental rules would be, it is based in just one town. So no leaving the town and its limits (except for the civil war concept but I think that would'nt work unless the idea expanded). As for the competitive aspect, there would be for sure! Just what, I don't know. Thats why I am keen on getting someone to work with me on it. I am shit with making sites ect, but I do think if I had someone good to work with, the western Idea would really work.

Hahahah Alien Movie Rp. XD sounds sick!

So if you are interested in doing the western idea, let me know :)

Or if anyone else is, just spitball ideas here.

I am very interested in doing this and I hope others are.

Jesse, let me know you GUN!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

Its really not a bad idea at all. Kinda neat actually. I tend to not have a great wealth of free time, but I think I could make time for something like this.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

! JDM The Professional !

Sweet :). Well, lets see if we can gather a good group to work out some ideas and what not :). Jack, do you have any ideas for it?

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Zombie Gunn

! JDM The Professional !

Jesse, lets do it :)

As I said, I am terrible at setting up sites, but if you can take care of that, It would be hugely appreciated :)

if you have msn, add me foley_4_eva@hotmail.com

otherwise, message me on here.

cheers mate

Regards, Jordan

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Russ

It's been three days, over a weekend too. Give the man some time!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Draeden

Zombie Gunn

LMAO.  Alright, gotta collect myself and I'll shoot you a PM.  Or you can email me any ideas to ewexperts@tmo.blackberry.net

! JDM The Professional !

lol shut up russ, I was making sure he read my last message, you can never be to sure on forums. XD

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs