News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Halloween 2010

Started by Zombie Gunn, April 14, 2010, 06:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

As some of you know, Halloween is a big holiday in my household.  No, we're not goths.  But we use that time of the year to build a great display.  In 2006, I did a simple legless zombie setup.  My lower half was hidden behind a curtain while a fake set of legs twitched next to me.  In 2007, I build the same set but also built a monster that when released would slide down two rails and pop out at people while they were busy staring at the diversion zombie setup.

In 2008, I built a big green monster for my garage along with a mini-haunted house inside of it and a home-made animatronic monster.

Last year, I made a 40ft long dragon that breathed smoke and whose neck and wings were controllable from the inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sB6EzsBa7E

And now, I'm in the planning stages for this year's design, which is going to look something like this.

I'll post updates in this thread on my progress.  Right now, I'm sketching up a design for it in 3 pieces so that it'll be movable.  Wish me luck.

Ryan Ruckus

If you aren't, hands down, one of the coolest mother ruckers on the planet, Jesse Gunn, I don't know who is.
Though, if I were you, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised when Cliff shows up at your house, asking for passage back to his home world.

Jose The Law Ramon

Eventually you'll launch into space and be able to construct the first promotion on the moon, thus fulfilling Triple B's prophecy of a PPV on the moon.

Black Death

that my friend is awesome
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Draeden

You fuckin' loony.

(good luck)

Zombie Gunn

I've begun building again. Will have pics of my progress soon.

Zombie Gunn

Three pics.  1st is an initial sketch of the design.  Mainly, the support beams.  The 2nd picture is the octagon that will be the center of the structure.  The 3rd is one of the quadrants of the outer octagon.  Another identical wood frame will sit on those 2 foot long 2x4s, forming a box structure.  I will another box identical, but mirrored.  The 2 quadrants near the front will be different because there will be a door and ramp to account for.

It's not much yet, but it's progress.

Zombie Gunn

I will have nighttime photos and video posted tomorrow, but in the meantime for a daytime photo add me as a friend on facebook.

jessegunn@tmo.blackberry.net

Mark Mania

Zombie Gunn

Here's a video/slideshow my brother made of it.  (Just realized there's no pics of my alien costume so I'll have to post that later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3cQt_XE6Vs

Russ

And I thought £7 on vampire teeth was a bit OTT!

That's awesome though, Halloween in your street must be fucking epic.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Russaholic on November 02, 2010, 05:16:58 PM
And I thought £7 on vampire teeth was a bit OTT!

So we all know the star of the next Vampire Blowjob Sex tape

Russ

Quote from: M.D.K. on November 02, 2010, 05:34:05 PM

You still coming to uea on thursday? :P
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: M.D.K. on November 02, 2010, 05:34:05 PM

Every star has to start somewhere, right?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

GM Franchise

That UFO is awesome. I made three no budget horror movies and posted them on Youtube for Halloween, lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible