News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The death of Osama Bin Laden

Started by Doug E Fresh, May 01, 2011, 11:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob on May 02, 2011, 07:36:08 AM
How can the dude have a mansion in Pakistan or where ever it is, yet it still takes America a decade to find him...

They will never find my mansion....

ON MOUNT DOOM!!!! MUHAHAHAHA!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Russ

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on May 02, 2011, 06:52:45 AM
In other news...Sir Ian Trumps is the NEW TERRORIST!!!! With his army of downies!

They'll all get sea burials too, yay!

To be honest, yeah it's a morale boost that they killed Bin Laden, but what difference is it really going to make? He's the figurehead of Al Quaeda but if you think 10 years after 9/11 he's the only one running stuff and planning stuff you're an idiot. I'm also kinda on the side of the conspiracy fence that says that he's been dead for a while and Obama just waits for the right moment to announce it. I could be wrong, but I just find it quite a happy coincidence that just when he needs some good news coming his way, ta-da, we killed that bearded dude! Wait, what, prove it? Oh, no, sorry we decided although we've been hunting the guy for 10 years and he's been behind the murders of thousands of innocent people, we weren't gonna take pictures, or get DNA reports, or anything like that, we just buried him nicely. It's what he would have wanted.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Jon Tees

The weird thing is I haven’t heard anything about Bin Laden for years in terms of the news and had started to forget about him. The news that he was actually still alive and they were still after him and now he’s dead came as a real shock as I sort of assumed that they had given up. The timing seems a bit impeccable but I guess better late than never and now all of those families have closure.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Duckman

Killing Bin Laden will do as much for stopping terrorism as killing the Colonel will stop KFC making chicken.

The dude is a logo, a figure head and while I suppose it's fitting revenge/closure (although I still don't believe killing someone for killing someone else solves anything) for the people who believed what he stood for, this is just another reason to hate the West and American in particular.

I'd hang fire on the reports about him being buried at sea too.  That's not been confirmed by anyone yet.

The big question should be, how the fuck did he live in a military style compound in Pakistan, less than a mile from their version of Fort Hood for so long?  Obviously the Pakistan government aren't quite the allies that the West thought.

Score 1 for the PR machine for the US but this isn't 'the end' of the 'war' by any means.

As the BBC Middle East correspondant said today:

But the root causes of radical Islam - the range of issues that enabled al-Qaeda to recruit disaffected young Muslims to its cause - remain, for the most part, unaddressed. The death of Bin Laden will strike at the morale of the global jihad, but is unlikely to end it.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Mike Wilkins

I agree with Duckman.

This is nothing more than a big morale booster, but it is really too late.  Osama bin Laden was just a leader who had charisma and would get in front of the camera and/or tape recorder and spew bullshit.

He was nothing but a figurehead, and his death will probably actually cause him to become a martyr and do a better job of uniting the terrorist cells than he ever could.

If we got in and killed him like less than a year after 9/11, then it would have been a MASSIVE victory.  Instead, we have arrived a little too late to the party much like how long it took us to do something about Saddam Hussein. 

Either way, it's a nice moment for America.  We need some good news every now and again.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH.

Big Gay Honker

Personally this is a joyous day for Americans.  That bullet to the Dome was long overdue.  While we didn't take out the heart out of Al Qaeda, we've been taking the brains out over the years.  9/11 had suicide bombers that for the most part got the job done not because they had natural ability for it, but because they had much better training.  Now all they manage to do is light their junk on fire.  We're taking their morale along with the people that are experts in what they plan. 

I personally doubt we have that much to worry about over here.  Now in the middle east I do think attacks will increase on our troops, but over here I don't think so.  So long as European countries like Amsterdam don't royally screw up allowing no fly list individuals to fly to America anyway.  Not that there already isn't a few here already but chances are our FBI know who the majority of them are anyway.  Now we just need the Lockerbie bomber dead today for an excellent week.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Hopefully someone will pick up somewhat on my tongue in cheek posts about me being the next super terrorist because that is all he has been for sometime is the poster boy for a movement and quite frankly this buried at sea bollocks...pardon the pun is a bit fishy.

Big Gay Honker

There is one thing I agree with Sam in particular though.  Dude went from hiding in caves throughout the desert to hiding in a suburb.  There is no way Pakistan did not know about where he was.  And quite frankly it should speak volumes that America chose not to have them in on the operation.  Hopefully something comes of all of this.  I am also hoping that taking out the more of the famous bad guys will take out some of the hate from people who hate muslims for no real reason.

T-Bonizzle

It may not be "Mission Accomplished" but it's a nice little win, long overdue.

Since when are they burying the body? We have the body in custody and are doing DNA tests to confirm and shit. You have to be one hell of an asshole to think that this is a conspiracy-PR stunt.

Lets face it, no matter when it happened someone is gonna try to spin it to fit their wild conspiracy theories. Had it happened back in 2001 it would have been "all apart of the plot." If it happened in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2155 it would have been "all apart of the plot". So really fuck off for anyone who thinks the "timing" of this equals "conspiracy". It's a shame that there are people resort to that line of thinking so quickly. Personally I think it's an insult to the armed forces touring in Iraq and an insult to those who died on 9/11.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Big Gay Honker on May 02, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
I am also hoping that taking out the more of the famous bad guys will take out some of the hate from people who hate muslims for no real reason.

Agreed

We have a strong Muslim population in the UK in relation to our size as a nation and its pretty obvious a lot of people form opinions on all Muslims because of Muslim terrorists in general.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on May 02, 2011, 10:53:18 AM
You have to be one hell of an asshole to think that this is a conspiracy-PR stunt.

Lets face it, no matter when it happened someone is gonna try to spin it to fit their wild conspiracy theories. Had it happened back in 2001 it would have been "all apart of the plot." If it happened in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2155 it would have been "all apart of the plot". So really fuck off for anyone who thinks the "timing" of this equals "conspiracy". It's a shame that there are people resort to that line of thinking so quickly. Personally I think it's an insult to the armed forces touring in Iraq and an insult to those who died on 9/11.

Then call me an asshole. You have to be pretty naive to think everyone is looking out for your best interests T-Bone.

Big Gay Honker

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on May 02, 2011, 10:55:30 AM
Agreed

We have a strong Muslim population in the UK in relation to our size as a nation and its pretty obvious a lot of people form opinions on all Muslims because of Muslim terrorists in general.

Indeed.  To me if you're going to hate all muslims because of a small sect of assholes, then you might as well blame every Catholic in the world when a priest butt fucks an alter boy.  Or blame every black guy when a while guys is shot by one.  Or every white guy for the KKK burning crosses in people yards.  In the end they're all people like you and me.

Russ

Amsterdam's not a country by the way :)

And T-Bone it's been confirmed the body's already been buried... genius. Guess that makes me an asshole! Oops.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Big Gay Honker

T-Bonizzle