News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Who wants to start an e-fed ?

Started by Cory, August 01, 2008, 08:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't have enough time to run this place, but I will everything in my power to make it possible.

See, look at Black Death, even if everyone I had mentioned didn't come, we'd have enough core guys, and a lot of the amazing roleplayers from other fed's to come.

I know I'm not the only one who now when someone mentions the HiWF, if ALWAYS negative. All of the good times, and hours upon hours of roleplaying, and it's known as the place filled with Drama.

Anyways. Here a list so far, if needed:

Cory
Ness
Amato
Pat
Steve
BD*
Beth*
Dom*

I'm sure with HiWF 'gone', we could get the good that was left there. Bones was good, Troy maybe, A new guy called Scar was a good roleplayer. Hell William would add a lot. I'd say Nick, but a lot of you dislike him, but I'm glad so many of you want to do this.

I'm sure if we go enough, Mark could hook us up with a site or something.......maybe. :)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

.....and Beth, I didn't even know you were on the forums....shit.

One of the best Hi ever seen. I'm ashamed I didn't mention you hun, :(

Cory

I'd also put the offer up that'd I'd do the graphics for the fed.

Also, if it went through, I think we should do it like Eric ran things. Turmoil (or weekly show), the undercard would have just descriptive results, with the main event being the only thing written in full. Then when the PPV comes, auction off the matches like before. I think it'd cut down on time.

Duckman

Here's my take on it guys.  The HIWF name is pretty much dirt these days thanks to the actions of the people there at the end.

If you did open up something, I think it'd be best to leave the HIWF name out of it.  Keep the spirit and hell, reference back some of the angles and stuff on your shows.

However, name recognition is everything and right now people associate HIWF with drama, cheating, fighting, politics and hot dog eating whores.

You need to keep the spirit you guys had and the togetherness, but get a name name and a new outlook.

You could REALLY show those people what HIWF could have been if the right people were involved.

I've spoken to Chris and said if you guys need me to do anything, I'd be happy to help you guys out.  That's what these forums are all about, building bridges, helping out fellow efedders with the right attitude and basically making the game a lot better for us all.

Good luck with it folks, I mean that sincerely.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

The Murph

I agree with Sam on this. I was never part of HiWF so not part of this whole idea of bringing it back from the "Dead". But like I told John Pariah when he was contemplating bringing back PWX, it was a fed that failed before and died controversially. And that's how it should be left. Dead and buried.

I think if you guys all have chemistry together and want to work together again. Open up a new fed. Have a fresh start. You have enough people to start it off and once new people sees how well you all interact will join.

I wish you guys all the best in whatever decision you do make though. If you do bring it back, then hopefully this time it works out. And if you decide to start from scratch I'm sure that will work out as well. So good luck guys.

Cory

Thanks for the kind words and support.

The Soul

Well I did help run DiWF before it died back in 2004, so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch for me to help run a new place part time if the right people were involved in reconstructing the place.

The list given is one hell of a list in my opinion, especially if retrieving someone like Bones wouldn't be out of the question. That guy was the fresh breath of air the HiWF got before kicking the bucket. I know the letters here are somewhat 'Taboo' but take it from a guy who was the last remaining original when I say it wasn't always such a hectic place.

Before the shit hit the fan, Hi was a place where in my eyes some of the best were, and since moved on with real life issues and such. It became too much of a hassle, and eventually it was killed, as in the boards were deleted and that was that.

So Cory, it seems you got out at the right time, my loyalty to the place I helped build didn't mean shit in the end as it was going to close, such is life.

I can do graphics, RP, run the place, help in every way, shape or form. If everyone's serious, let's get it done. A fresh start, its always a nice thing in the end.

Exile

alright this might actually roll out. You have cory to thank for this. It wont be the hiwf though, im afraid that is just beyond tarnished. But we can still keep the iWF name as ally suggested.

I need to know who is serious about doing this though. Real names and sign ups

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

As a fairly well established e-fed head I would do this:

1) Appoint three people to help run the site as the main admin. Guys whom you know will check the dramatics at the door and wont let the troublemakers come into this. Look, you all know who they are and who ruined your site. If you let in one or two who will have sympathy for the troublemakers on the old HiWF your going to blow up quicker than dynamite with the fuse on fire. The message seems clear here there is a group of you that get along who want to check the drama immediately. Do that...dont back down, trust me on that.

2) Make the results quick and easy. Anyone who tells you detailed results are a must is full of shit. Nobody reads them. Is it really that important how many elbow drops so and so does on a weekly show. No it isnt. What people miss in fedding is good vigs and backstage skits that build, develop and finish feuds. Every week I ask 5 top class guys in TFWF with incredible writing minds to produce a few paragraphs each. I then coordinate this with the short results and we have a show. We havent had a late show in probably more than 4 years if not more.

3) PPVs...this is where a more detailed set of results can go into. It makes it mean something. You make it to PPV as a character in a feud, you get a killer match. Why because anyone is not going to book BIG FACE A vs Big Heel B on his weekly show. Its stupid booking which means the PPVs become down watered versions of the weekly shows. Your PPV are your go home shows. With a start out e-fed I advise no more than 4 a year. Pick your equivalent of Mania and make that your first PPV with a reference to looking to book it 4 weeks down the line. I would happily give you an idea of exactly how to build up to your first PPV once a roster is announced.

4) Graphics, either way its a bonus.

I am not trying to teach you to suck eggs. One of the reasons I was behind this site from the beginning is working with a shit load of good people who know exactly what makes a good e-fed. This is the sort of thing we are here to do almost like a clinic or doctors for e-fedding. If any of those cunts tell you 'he hasnt a clue' I tell them bollocks and I mean that directed against the people who think this site is shit. I know what I am talking about.

Duckman is 100% right you immediately need your own name and own direction and not be the 'fallout from HiWF' crew. You want to be something unique.

For example 'Pro Wrestling Association' PWA...with the tag line 'Our drama is in the RING', just off the top of my head.

I wish you all the best and like Duckman I will offer any advice needed and I cannot stress enough whatever your personal opinion of me, you dont go 10 years with one fed and one fed only without doing something right.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Official slogan for iWf: "IT WASN'T THE WEED TALKING!"

I'm down.

Ill hed mod the forums and update shit like records, active/non-active and shit like that.

Exile

thanks guys I geniunely appriciate that.

The Soul

GICW - Global Impact Championship Wrestling

Just throwing something out out there. GICW seems something that could be worked and built upon.

Exile

There is one thing that happened during all of this and its very very important for people who are going to be joining to understand. Throughout all of this despite any bitching or anything I have offered my support of Nick for the job he was been doing (or at least trying to do considering the obstacles he had to overcome.) TNT Nick Stevenson is the only HiWF staff member that I am going to be offering my hand to in joining me. He's somebody that I have a lot of respect for and I know there might be some friction to it but I really believe that he wants this new start as much as everyone else.

The HiWF used to stand for something great in the efed world, it was a place filled with creativity and amazing storylines and rpers who were like a family. The name...unforunately will never be salvaged. It will never carry the weight it could have and we need to say goodbye to that part of it.

But we can have fun again. We can make this a good time and we can show them what it was that the HiWF really stood for. If you can do that with me, then I would love to run this fed.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Dont call it IWF...seriously...your suppose to be breaking away from HiWF call it something that embodies the message your trying to send.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rebel Child

I'll have to respectfully decline due to.. occurrences and things.

Though I will offer my support if anyone ever needs an idea or something like that, you know where to find me.