News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WWE's next game

Started by Shock Value, May 23, 2011, 04:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shock Value

True, but when was the last time we'd seen Mike Knox, or The Hurricane (Granted he wasn't playable, but he was still in the game)? I don't expect Kaval or Sheffield, but Husky had been prominent enough that it could at least be wishful thinking that he makes the cut, if only to team him with McGillicutty.

I hope we're given the option to vacate titles, and hold tournaments, battle royals, and name contenders in WWE Universe this year. I agree that the unpredictability was fun in last year's game, but it got to be too much at times. Chavo beating Undertaker in an opening match on SD? 'Taker forming a tag team with Yoshi Tatsu, and that happened on multiple seasons and after many times that I would manually split up their team. I can't remember who, but someone said we should be given the option to pre-schedule our PPV shows, and book/ play matches accordingly based on the programs we set up. That could be a great idea if played out right.

Also, I think we should be able to swap titles between brands, as well as defend the Money in the Bank briefcase, or at least vacate and assign it to someone else. I had a storyline that saw R-Truth win MITB, and DiBiase 'buy' it from him in exchange for the Million Dollar Championship for which he had been fighting for weeks. Unfortunately, there was no way to switch the briefcase from Truth to DiBiase. -.-

Tezmission Black

According to WWE.com the game is going to be called WWE '12 and Orton will be on the cover.

Russ

http://www.twnpnews.com/messages2/34029.php

Breakdown of information:

- You can interrupt moves before they happen (e.g. clotheslining Cena in the middle of doing the Five Knuckle Shuffle or punching him in the middle of a suplex)
- Moves no longer jump to the middle of the ring to happen, just wherever they are
- New submission button-mashing mode
- New mini-game to attack the opponent while getting up
- If you have a finisher/sig you can do a taunt that makes your opponent get up in position to hit the move (e.g. Orton's fist-pounding or HBK's stomping)
- Store two finishers; FUCK YES.
- You can do a comeback sequence like the hot-tag but for singles guys.

All sounds pretty epic so far!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Jonny Worldbeater

After the disappointment that was the last game I'm gonna be wary of this one.

Really, all I want out of the game at this point is for the gameplay to be FUN again.

Also, the whole 'break up any move in the middle of it' thing sounds like it could be REALLY fucking annoying.

Shock Value

I think it sounds pretty awesome, so far! It's more or less a throwback to the SmackDown games of old, which used the face buttons for all the primary controls. It sounds like they revamped WWE Universe and Road to Wrestlemania, as well as the entire creation engine for CAW, finishers, entrances, etc. If executed as well as it sounds, this could be the best WWE game yet!

Russ

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150200682433355.326196.110431863354 - first pictures! Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Cena and Orton. ADR looks fucking amazing from this, plus the cross-armbreaker is confirmed :D
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Shock Value

It would be awesome if Tyler Reks makes the roster, his finisher is one of the sickest moves I've seen on WWE in years. Apparently the game entered development in May of last year, so whoever was around (and prominent) back then will probably make the roster.

Russ

May of this year you mean? May of last year would be before SVR11 lol.

Basically the whole roster now because only Kharma has debuted since then to be honest.

Black Death

reinventing it again ... i hope they improve in the universe mode

I enjoy that the most
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Shock Value

Quote from: Russaholic on June 01, 2011, 01:21:56 PM
May of this year you mean? May of last year would be before SVR11 lol.

I read in an interview with Corey Ledesma that development for each game bleeds into the next, and that this year's game, WWE '12, started developing last year in May.

Russ

I don't think rosters are locked until Mania/Later THIS year. Otherwise there'd be no ADR and we'd be enjoying Batista lol

Tezmission Black

I think we'll have Batista regardless lol.

Russ

Tezmission Black

I really hope thats just base graphic test, I mean they look good but they look like they have been devolved to a few games ago look. The moves themselves are pretty sweet too, I'm happy they updated Orton with all his moves and one of Kurts, but, and maybe its just me, they looked a little choppy too.

Shock Value

I forgot to mention two logical picks for my hopeful list of Legends. That being said, I hope these are the Legends we'll get this year:

Booker T.
Diesel
Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 12 alternate attire)
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
Steve Austin
The Rock (Again, hopefully we get his present look, instead of the same old '99 Rocky.)
"Macho Man" Randy Savage ("Macho King" alternate attire)
Miss Elizabeth (non-playable manager)
Mr. Perfect
Road Warrior Hawk (LOD 2000 alternate attire)
Road Warrior Animal (LOD 2000 alternate attire)
Sunny
*Edge, unless he's actually in the game on the main roster

As far as championships go, some things need to change.
1) We should be able to vacate titles at will. Not being able to do that just seems silly, to me.
2) We should be able to trade championships between shows. I always thought the WWE Title stood out more on SmackDown, for some reason.
3) There should be a menu that allows us to toggle the championships between 'active' and 'inactive', and to decide which brand each belt is assigned to. For example, the Million Dollar Title could be assigned to Raw; the Cruiserweight, to SmackDown, etc.
4) Not a big deal, but it would be cool if 'custom' belt designs were included, I.e. Edge has his "Rated-R" championship, Miz has the "M" design, Austin has the "Smoking Skull", stuff like that.

Other tidbits:
- If The Undertaker doesn't have his Johnny Cash entrance, we riot.
- In Superstar Threads, there should be a menu to edit "Extras", like the Nexus armband, entrance attires, etc. You could remove or add any extras, to a reasonable extent.
- Customizable tag-team entrances, and (fingers crossed) Create a Theme!