News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE '12 Thread

Started by jagilki, November 23, 2011, 10:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Bryan on December 02, 2011, 07:09:22 PM
at the end of the day, I wasn't a fan. Universe was cool to mess around with for a while, but Road to Wrestlemania SUCKED. and I wasn't a fan of the new control scheme either, it rarely let me reverse an opponents move but my opponent always countered whatever i did. maybe its because i'm not good but i don't care, didn't have a fun time with this. create modes were fun but not enough to warrant a purchase.

Getting the same feeling a hour or so into mate.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ash Bombay

Anyone got this for PS3? Got there characters up there to download?

jagilki

Quote from: Ash Bombay on December 03, 2011, 08:17:14 PM

Anyone got this for PS3? Got there characters up there to download?

I'm not PS3, but with the servers as they are, I doubt it atm.

jagilki

Universe/CAW/Try to get to Community Creations

T-Bonizzle

I hope to have enough CAWs that I can retire all the real superstars and just e-fed from the comfort of my couch.

Sadly not enough people had the PS3 version last year. I think I downloaded one guy from EFK...

jagilki

If somebody wanted to buy me a PS3 version I'd make you some guys.

Tezmission Black

You guys could buy me one too I'd be more then happy :P jking.

jagilki

Ash Bombay

Jack, T-Bone, you guys got guys downloaded on there yet?

J-Reb

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on December 03, 2011, 10:53:46 PM
as a PS3 guy who is living life as though I'm stranded on the island from Lost because no one else seems to have one....

I typically just build guys from EFK as I would view them...so for Johnny Rebel and CJ Gates, for instance, I downloaded Shane Douglas and Bradshaw CAWs, then edited to fit move sets and I guess how I viewed them.

I always view C.J. Gates as an oompa-loompa with a cowboy hat.

Black Death

I play universe mode most of the time  and make a lot of caw's ...need to see if I can make Daffeny again , just have not been in the mood .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

TFWF Caws are searchable via keyword TFWF. Jag's made a few, Simon Gudge has made one as well. I have so far uploaded two TFWF legends, but server here for WWE 12' is shit in the UK it seems.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

jagilki

jagilki

So, I'm not a huge basher of THQ.

Am I stoked with their games?

They never live up to the hype I put into my own mind before the come out, but I enjoy them.

However, I don't know, this just sours me on the whole company.

Last year transparency was taken out.  People complained.  THQ reps went on the CAWS forum and said that transparency would be fixed in an upcoming patch.

It never was.

THQ Reps showed up on CAWS again and said that transparency would be fixed in '12.

No Transparency in '12.

In talks about fixing it in the supposed upcoming batch the rep finally out and told the truth.

No transparency last year wasn't a "bug".  They did it on purpose because somebody made a nude caw in 2010 and uploaded it to CC.

They don't plan on EVERY bringing it back.

Now, I don't mind that, what I mind is the flat out lying to the consumers.

How hard would of been just to tell the truth from the beginning?

Jonny Worldbeater

That's a large part of why I don't plan on buying this or any future WWE games by THQ.

If you follow the trail of interviews that the team behind these games have done in the past there's just a total air of arrogance and laziness.

From my perspective, over the last year they've really shown me that they really don't put a lot of effort into the game or making it better. All the changes they make are extremely superficial, they don't listen to or follow up on what people complain about, they put up messages on their websites about how 'we're going to fix this and that' but they never do.

I've seen numerous notices about fixing the online servers over the past few weeks and yet after trying all day to get onto the community creations to download content, the server crashed almost every time, and in the rare instance I did manage to connect I wasn't on there 5 minutes before it crashed again.

And every year they boast about how this year's game will be 'the best ever made'.

I understand in marketing and promotion you have to push your product like it's a must have item but there's a line between talking up the game and just being completely full of shit.

For all the talk they did about how much 'bigger, badder & better' they were going to make it, from my experience playing a rented copy it's pretty much the same game it was last year, just in a different package.

It may be fine for what it is, but at the end of the day it's just not fun for me, so why should I keep paying to play games I don't enjoy, especially when there are other options that I know are good.

The graphics may be 'dated' but at least the games are still fun to play.

That's my 2 cents anyway.