News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Oddity - Help!

Started by Rebel Child, September 29, 2008, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

Okay here you technical gurus.

While I was talking to a good friend of mine today, I was copying and pasting some things to her, it would take a while after I hit the send button with my cursor (as I was copying and pasting), for it to send through.

Then after she logged off, I received the following message:

@[webfetti: cute purple glittering cat: [0/15 .t:glitter width=100]]

You just received a cool graphic! Go to ht tp://buddies.webfetti.com/?w8=1051587&tp=ZKfox000 to see it!

--------

The question is, do I have an MSN virus, or does she?

Judge

Looks like she has it.  Seems like a nasty little piece of spyware to me.  Anybody that writes software like this should be hung by their ballsack.

I'd tell her to either uninstall this crapware or run some antispyware or something.

JohnS.

I'd say you should be ok as long as you didn't click the link. It is probably her that is infected. I would run a scan with your anti-virus program just to be safe, as well as SpyBot Search and Destroy, and maybe even MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

SpyBot - http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd160.exe

MalwareBytes - http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5756&file=15&evp=693ee0b20204960edfd909666f809b26

Judge

It installs this little nice bit: SEARCH ASSISTANT: This provides relevant links and results when you make a search request in your browser address bar or if your browser address (DNS) request is invalid, misspelled or incorrectly formatted.

Basically hijacking your browser to see where you're going and if you mistype something, it'll send you to an ad site.  Not a nice piece of software

Rebel Child

Youch.

And people wonder why I hate computers?

lol thanks guys.

Okay gonna run Avast (switched over from AVG [again]) and I'll download Malware Bytes and check it out.

Thanks guys.