News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Nintendo Press Confrence details- DSi, Punch Out

Started by Bryan, October 02, 2008, 02:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Nintendo held a press conference yesterday where basically they announced a few cool things.

-The DSi is the newest remake of the DS. It looks pretty much like Lite, but they've removed the GBA slot and added music playback, a camera, and it's own shop channel where you can buy content. It'll be out November 1st in Japan, not sure about other countries but I assume it'll be in for Christmas. You can see pictures and comparisons here: http://www.dsfanboy.com/photos/nintendo-dsi/

-Several titles for Wii were announced, the most notable being a new Punch Out game, a new Tales game, and Sin and Punishment 2. A trailer highlighting the rest of 2008 and 2009 releases for the Wii can be found here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/mov/wii.html?n10

-Nintendo announced that Pikmin and other GameCube classics will be remade for the Wii as "Wii de Asobu" (Play on Wii) Selections. There's no word on which other games will be included, or if these are in fact remakes with Wii Remote integration or just simple rereleases to take advantage of the increased Wii audience.

i think that's it...but some cool information nonetheless. considering i still have a original DS i might be willing to get one of these new ones...even though I probably won't find one anywhere ever.

Judge

Finally.  Punch Out!  The return of the best boxing game to ever exist.

EVER.

Fuck EA's shit.

Also, removing the GBA slot?  Damn.  Oh well.  Guess I'll keep my old DS around for playing GBA games.  That kinda fucks with the pirates too (not me....) that use Slot 2 to boot games from.

JohnS.

Punch Out!! Finally, a reason for me to buy a Wii!!

TheNthDegree

WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A NEW PIKMIN GAME.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH.

And cause I can't read Japanese - is the new Tales game they're referring to ToSII? Or another new one?

Judge

Judge

Oh FINALLY - I can save Wiiware and VC games to an SD card:

From Kotaku:

Finally. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has just announced that, beginning in Spring 2009 (at least for Japan), Nintendo Wii owners will be able to download software directly to an SD card. "We have to address the console's insufficient memory storage," said Iwata, speaking at today's Nintendo Fall Press Conference. This obviously applies only to WiiWare and Virtual Console games, but hey, since they were the things clogging up your memory in the first place, it's hard to see this as anything other than good news. Not perfect news, but still, better than silence.

Bryan

that'll be nice. right now i have to delete stuff just to have room...its been such a burden...