News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

GTA V

Started by jagilki, November 14, 2012, 02:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gates

I preordered mine a week or so ago.

I went for the standard because, in the past, I've gone out and bought the special edition, only to never really look at the extra bells and whistles it comes with. Figured why bother this time around.

Cory

Just got the regular, there is usually a free map in the game case and I dont need a tin case for $20 more.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon Tees

I'm hoping for the eventual return of property/business ownership as a means of earning automatic income for your character (s) and perhaps a correction of what I perceived to be issues with A.I. In GTA 4. For example, when you would do the cops a solid and take down someone they were having a shootout with you wouldn't get credited as a good Samaritan but rather you'd get a wanted star. And on top of that people would run toward you when you were on a killing spree this was very unrealistic as most people would run in the opposite direction as opposed to where someone is standing and firing a gun.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

jagilki

Yes, because it'd be totally realistic to have cops come up and slap you on the back for killing a guy just because he's a criminal.

Crazy Kyd

I am going to wait and see if GTA V will come out for PS4. There is a "rumor" that it might happen, but if it doesn't, I'll be fine with waiting for the next one.

It would be cool if they would have the GTA Online thing on PS4 at some point if they don't have GTA V for the system.

Kirk

I was very disappointed with the last game, so I can't get all that excited about this one. The game play and graphics were great but the story and lack of business/property ownership were real problems for me. I just never felt like I was getting anywhere and the ending just wasn't satisfying at all. I'll get it because I'm sure it'll be fun to play, I just can't get as excited for it as I know I should be.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

For me, GTA: Vice City is the best game of the series. I don't think anything can top it. GTA 4 was a good game, but I felt it was over-hyped. I think GTA V is over-hyped as well, but considering they are trying something new with the switching character features, I guess it is necessary to have hype created for the game.

Black Death

Now Vice City was nice , I got all the 80's references in it and love the soundtrack , But my Fav. was San Andreas  , maybe it was the call back to all the 90;s urban gangster movies , also love the customization of the character CJ and also dug the soundtrack... I just enjoy the hell out of it .  GTA 4 was them telling a more personal story than any of the other games. They streamline it a little ...did enjoy 4 ending  it felt more true to life
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon Tees

Quote from: jagilki on September 15, 2013, 09:00:01 PM
Yes, because it'd be totally realistic to have cops come up and slap you on the back for killing a guy just because he's a criminal.

In some earlier GTA games I recall them doing just that you'd get good Samaritan points for shooting, stopping a criminal who was either shooting at/running from a cop. But the cops on GTA 4 are completely ungrateful, they even come after you and get in your way when you are doing vigilante missions (basically taking out dangerous criminals so they don't have to). 

I would have personally had the game end a bit differently depending on your choice. The character suffers so much hard ache and pain throughout their life it just doesn't seem satisfying to have them suffer more by either losing their cousin or their girlfriend and then avenging their death. A slight alteration could have been to have them get shot and avenge what happened to them but rather than having them die they pull through once you complete the story mode. The option to spare the antagonists could have also been provided but I doubt anyone would have chosen to do so.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.

Kirk

I didn't like the whiney brother or the girlfirend much, so I wasn't really bothered about either of them dying. It would have been a terrible way to end it if they let them survive the shooting, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jon Tees

According to this there will be things (Businesses, safehouses etc) to purchase based on these achievements.

http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Grand_Theft_Auto_5_%28Xbox_360%29

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Jon Tees on September 16, 2013, 06:32:45 AM
In some earlier GTA games I recall them doing just that you'd get good Samaritan points for shooting, stopping a criminal who was either shooting at/running from a cop. But the cops on GTA 4 are completely ungrateful, they even come after you and get in your way when you are doing vigilante missions (basically taking out dangerous criminals so they don't have to). 

I would have personally had the game end a bit differently depending on your choice. The character suffers so much hard ache and pain throughout their life it just doesn't seem satisfying to have them suffer more by either losing their cousin or their girlfriend and then avenging their death. A slight alteration could have been to have them get shot and avenge what happened to them but rather than having them die they pull through once you complete the story mode. The option to spare the antagonists could have also been provided but I doubt anyone would have chosen to do so.

Ummm that's how it works in real life. Killing people is against the law, period.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Black Death on September 16, 2013, 04:42:10 AM
Now Vice City was nice , I got all the 80's references in it and love the soundtrack , But my Fav. was San Andreas  , maybe it was the call back to all the 90;s urban gangster movies , also love the customization of the character CJ and also dug the soundtrack... I just enjoy the hell out of it .  GTA 4 was them telling a more personal story than any of the other games. They streamline it a little ...did enjoy 4 ending  it felt more true to life

San Andreas was fun but I felt like I spent too much time in gang wars trying to take back the streets. The customization was cool. I thought that the working out aspect was cool but I felt like you had to do it too much.

I know it was trying to resemble real life because if you eat too much food you'll get fat and if you don't work out you'll lose muscle but it got annoying after a while. The soundtrack, well at least the rock tracks were great on San Andreas.

Jon Tees

Quote from: T-United on September 16, 2013, 02:22:30 PM
Ummm that's how it works in real life. Killing people is against the law, period.

I get what you're saying but hypothetically speaking assume you are a police officer in real life. You find yourself in a dangerous situation, a shootout with a suspect who could potentially kill you, but before that person gets the opportunity a good Samaritan steps in and shoots that suspect either fatally or merely wounding them. Would you really want to punish that person by arresting/killing them in turn or would you be grateful that the person stepped in and saved your life?

jagilki

Quote from: Jon Tees on September 16, 2013, 06:55:02 PM

I get what you're saying but hypothetically speaking assume you are a police officer in real life. You find yourself in a dangerous situation, a shootout with a suspect who could potentially kill you, but before that person gets the opportunity a good Samaritan steps in and shoots that suspect either fatally or merely wounding them. Would you really want to punish that person by arresting/killing them in turn or would you be grateful that the person stepped in and saved your life?