News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE 2K14

Started by Fnord, February 20, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

WWE On New Deal With Take-Two, Name Change For 'WWE '14'

Source: ESPN

ESPN has an article looking at Take-Two Interactive taking over the WWE video game franchise for the next five years as part of its 2K Sports brand. THQ was forced to sell the assets after declaring bankruptcy and not being able to sell the company to Clearlake Capital Group last month.
WWE Executive VP of Consumer Products Casey Collins admitted that it was nice to speak with different industry leaders during the bidding process to get their take on the business going forward. Collins also discussed being impressed with what Take-Two has done with the "NBA 2K" franchise, and said that "they'd be a perfect partner."

The first WWE game under the Take-Two umbrella will be titled "WWE 2K14." As part of the deal, Take-Two hired key employees from THQ to work on the game with their design team. The company also agreed to work with longtime WWE games developer Yukes from Japan for the game, and plan to release it in the fall.

"Everything that we've done with NBA is what we're trying to contribute to WWE," said 2K Sports VP of Marketing Jason Argent. "So the growth that you've see in the NBA franchise from the authenticity in the game to the excitement of the marketing that surrounds it is all something we expect to add to the franchise. We're going to create one hell of a video game franchise."

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

I'm more optimistic about WWE 2K15.

You have to imagine that they are deep into development of this years game by now, and its far too late to change too much. Next years game however...different story altogether.

T-Bonizzle

What 2K did with the NBA has been impressive. I have new interest in the franchise.

Jonny Worldbeater

Well, now that THQ is basically dead, the least I can say is that with a new development team it will probably be significantly more different than approximately the last 9 versions of the game. So that's something I guess.

It's just really kinda pathetic that it's been 10 years since HCTP came out and we still haven't gotten another genuinely great wrestling game.

Cory

2k games are usually really well made, could be intrested

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

I'm way more interested in this now. Being an NBA fan and an obvious NBA2k fan I'm really excited about this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

2k  rep is pretty good when it comes to sports game ...when they had the NFL license they crank out some really great games ... NBA 2K series is really well done and IMLB 2k Games are also well done

I am excited to see what they can bring
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

NFL 2K5 is still my favorite football game ever.

Cory

Stoner

I was always partial to the NFL Blitz games.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Domingo

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 21, 2013, 12:34:20 PM
NFL 2K5 is still my favorite football game ever.

Agree with Cory's edit as well. Was really pissed when they had to stop making them, but money is money and the Madden franchise is making it all now.

Black Death

they have the chops to make a kick ass game .  I wonder what they will bring to the franchise

Cory

Quote from: domingoTFWF on February 21, 2013, 04:44:26 PM
Agree with Cory's edit as well. Was really pissed when they had to stop making them, but money is money and the Madden franchise is making it all now.

Heard EA's contract ended with them last year and  havent heard anything official about them resigning. 2K14 PLZ

Black Death

best bet is the renew it quietly, being madden is going strong now ... if something had changed  it would have been splash all over the game news outlets by now 

Cory

as long as they make madden 14 and ncaa 14 interwine aka import draft classes and superstars ill buy it.