Main Menu

XBox Reveal Information

Started by Stoner, May 21, 2013, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Let see what they have to offer for E3
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

J Vega

I'll be switching back to Playstation. Xbox One just introduced a bunch of features I could really care less about, and wants to string people along and get feedback before they decide on what they should do with things they haven't revealed that are already getting criticized. Sounds like they took tips from EA.

Cory

I think any logical buyer will wait until after E3. It`ll really show whats going to happen, game wise. The Xbox One unveil was the system itself and trying to appeal to the grand audience....E3 will be for the gamers.

Im leaning towards Ps4 (not a `fanboy`had a PS2 over Xbox, and a Xbox 360 over PS3) just because I HATE kinect, and pre-E3 PS4 is in the lead for me.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Stoner

Quote from: Cory on May 26, 2013, 03:54:45 PME3 will be for the gamers.

Actually if its anything like it has been in recent years, it'll be for the shareholders.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Black Death

truth of the matter , probably will end up not getting either one until next summer 

Alex Smiley

I didn't realize Sony released info on more than just the controller lol

I might get the XBox One after saving up some money, because if it really does all the stuff they say it does, I can have an all purpose box for that moment I finally move out of my parents house...provided new consoles don't come out by then LOL

But yeah, I like what they're offering with this. We'll see if the price is right, though.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

Am I alone in thinking that we are nowhere near the end of the life cycle of the PS3/360?!?  We shouldn't be talking about the next generation for 2-3 years.  We haven't even come close to utilizing the power of the current hardware.  It is ludicrious.

Black Death

they did it before with the Ps2 and Xbox

Mike Powers

I disagree.  I think that the PS2 had reached its full evolution and potential, right around the time they rolled out the PS3.  This generation of developers have barely begun to test the limits of the system, in my opinion.

Cory

I think the biggest consumer issue is game release dates and console capability. Xbox One comes out...lets assume Nov/Dec.....when its BIGGEST games of the year Madden/FIFA/GTA and COD all come out before the release date.

- Are the developers going to stall, and punish 360 users, so they can have the game come out for the One
- Will they make the game both compatible with 360 & One....limiting the games potential by making it work on the 360. Also you can question "whats the big difference" if a game works on the 360 OS...and looks/plays no different than the One.
- Are they going to say fuck it....you're going to have to buy it for the 360 and again for the One (at a discounted rate)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 26, 2013, 06:11:19 PM
Am I alone in thinking that we are nowhere near the end of the life cycle of the PS3/360?!?  We shouldn't be talking about the next generation for 2-3 years.  We haven't even come close to utilizing the power of the current hardware.  It is ludicrious.

I heard a quote somewhere about this, where the person basically said "the new console generation is starting because the developers are saying it's starting" - vs there actually being a need to produce new hardware. I agree, honestly. I was excited as hell for the PS3, I hardly care at all about the PS4.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Crazy Kyd

I'm excited for the new systems. I've had a PS3 since 2007 and considering all the ups and downs Sony has had with this system, I'm sure they are willing to try their luck with a newer system. In terms of pushing both systems to their full potential, I don't think the PS3 would ever achieve that. The 360 would, and I can't say if it ever has yet. I do know that both systems have had their share of games to push the systems to a certain limit, but I do think Sony would lose that battle.

My biggest issue with the whole situation is that I've been on Sony issued refurbished PS3's for the last 2-3 years. My current one is about to die soon too. I'm still trying to decide if I should just fork over $250 for a brand new PS3 and get the last few awesome games/sports games for the system or just wait and buy a system in February instead of closer to my birthday in July.

I'm thinking of just getting a new PS3 but realistically, I only want the Metal Gear Solid legacy collection, NBA 2K14, WWE 2K14, the new Grand Theft Auto game, and Beyond: Two Souls. Even though the sport games wouldn't be anything special on newer systems, I would rather play those on a newer system just because how those games come out annually. Though, I don't know if they would release them on the newer consoles.

Stoner

Evidently Microsoft plans to support the 360 for at least another 5 years.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Kirk

I've owned every Xbox and Playstation but I bought the xbox before I got a PS2 and the 360 before the PS3. I only bought the Playstations because of exclusive games I wanted. This time I won't be going anywhere near the xbox. The cons mentioned for the xbox are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned because the company is treating me as a criminal despite the fact that I have never chipped any of my consoles or bought pirated games. Kinect is a gimmick which doesn't interest me in the slightest and neither does the multimedia stuff which has been mentioned. When I buy a games console, I buy it to play games. I already have a cable box for watching T.V. and a computer for using the internet, so why would I care if my console does either of those things? If Sony decides not to block used games and doesn't require a constant internet connection, xbox is screwed.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Stoner

The only thing that will inspire me to get an XB1 will be if the exclusives are any good.  And only if a few of them are RPGs.  Otherwise I don't have any inclination to get one.