News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Fellow Fedder Needs help

Started by Rebel Child, November 06, 2008, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

Johnny B aka JB aka Mike Mitchell from TFWF has a HUGE problem with his computer at the moment, and needs help.

Quote from: Jonny BI've got a big problem atm dudes.

My computer is dead.

I got the new Smackdown game a couple of days ago and was in the process of importing some songs from my computer onto my PS3 to create a custom soundtrack, and in doing that I had to remove a fair few programs, etc. from my hard drive to make room. In doing that, I must've deleted an important program because my sound wouldn't work anymore after that and I couldn't play any multimedia, and the system said my 'multimedia audio controller' or something was dead and couldn't be restored.

So, I set about trying to replace the drive and downloaded a bunch of replacement drivers and installed them, then I rebooted my computer to see how it went. It seems however, that my computer contracted AIDS, went retarded, shat over itself and died, because it is now stuck in an infinite boot loop and everything I have tried so far to fix it has been an epic fail. I even tried wiping my hard drive in an XP reinstall/repair/whatever, and the motherfucker said that even once I'd wiped the drive and created a partition for the installation, it couldn't be restored.

I've also looked up a bunch of techniques to get this thing working again, but in every situation there's some trivial step that this fucking cunt of a cockspank, dickweed, asshole, fucktard, twatting, shitting, cunting, fucking, dicking, arsing, pricking, cocking, vomitous pile of rectal waste won't let me fucking pass! And the worst part of it is that were it not for this trivial fucking matter such as entering a fucking password that I just so happen to have completely forgot if indeed I even knew it to begin with, I could get this miserable arse rapist fixed without a fucking trick!

So basically, I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely fucked.

I have access to a copy of my word document where I write up all my RPs and access to a computer where I can write them, but whether or not I'll be able to use it is a whole nother problem since my Dad, who is a teacher, needs it to do all his work for school over the weekend.

So pretty much, my chances of being able to RP this week are up in the air until we can either get this computer either fixed or replaced, neither of which is looking especially likely right now (most particularly the latter since we don't made like a thousand or so bucks to swing around).

I'll keep you up to date with the situation if I can, but right now all I can says is that this has been a shitty, SHITTY fucking day.

Any one tech savvy be able to help?

The post is here originally:

http://www.tfwf.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6096&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Judge

Just glancing, unless he can get into safe mode (Jam F8 repeatedly at startup, select safe mode) to try to fix it, he's probably fucked.  Though I don't see using standard add/remove would fuck up drivers that bad, unless he removed the program from there.

At any rate.  He can try safe mode and see if it lets him in.  If not,  he better back up his shit and restore.

Ah, Windows.  I love you so much.

Jonny Worldbeater

Bad news gang, Safe mode doesn't even work and it turns out the boot disc I was using was just an XP update rather than the system itself. So basically, until I get a copy of the operating system on disc, my comp is staying fucked.

The help's much appreciated peeps, but looks like it's not gonna do much good.

JohnS.

See if you can use another computer to download a torrent of an OEM XP disk. Burn it to a CD and use that, along with the XP key that should be located somewhere on your machine.

Rebel Child

Or I was just thinking about something.

You can call Microsoft, tell them you didn't get the discs when you got your computer - and they will send you disks free of charge.

I -really- should do that as HP never sends the disks with the OS on it.

The Murph

JB I wrote in the TFWF board but I can get you a OS of XP with some Vista tools included. Just let me know if you can use a computer to download a torrent.