News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Chrono Trigger

Started by Brandon, December 12, 2008, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

Chrono Cross is a direct sequel to CT, set 20 years after it.  In the PS remake of CT, the ending video leads in CC, and the final boss of CC is Lavos.  It does tie together.

It's also a REALLY good game.  I highly recommend if you don't have a PS1, to download the ISOs and emulate it.

Black Death

oh sweet , found  a place were I can get it cheap    CC
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Big Gay Honker

I didn't mean it like CT was a bad game.  I meant that if you're going to make a sequel, have it follow the same path.  CT was about time travel, and CC was about alternate reality.  That's what my beef was.  Gameplay was the same, but it didn't feel like it should have been considered a sequel. 

Excaligore

Quote from: THIS IS MAGENTAAAAA!!! on December 16, 2008, 02:56:09 AM
but it didn't feel like it should have been considered a sequel. 

I'm 99% sure they never intended Chrono Cross as a sequel. I mean, the connections are pretty much last minute. I honestly agree. Because, I feel, Chrono Cross should have been sold as it's own game.

Because, in it's own right, it's a beautiful game that is sort of unfairly forced to live up to the legend of it's prequel.

Big Gay Honker

Judge

Actually the entire game was designed as to what happened with Schala, as that was a plot point they wanted to do in CT, but didn't have the time.

Chrono Cross is in the officially continuity, and is based off of some of the ideas of Radical Dreamers, which was a Chrono Trigger side story released on the Stellaview.'

The continuity is not last minute, it's just that some people thought they should be playing as Crono, as that was never the idea.