News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

UFC 2009: Undisputed

Started by Maz, January 09, 2009, 11:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markus Stone

I played this to death when I got it, having used the demo to basically master the game before it came out. I played online for a while, but to be honest I just got bored with it. I'd either win, have somebody DC, get flash KOed, or win and have somebody cry about it so I'd beat them 3 more times in unranked matches. Not trying to come here and be all "I am teh 733t" and all that, I still lost from time to time. Not very often at all, however.

A fun game I play is seeing how many people try to DC on me, and don't do it successfully.

I also usually go for very specific fighters when I play. Edgar for 155, Sherk for 170 with Johnson subbing as soon as I see GSP (Rumble is a GSP KILLAH~!), Henderson at 185, Franklin at 205, and Velasquez at 205+. Basically, if you look closely, you'll see me as a Boxing/Wrestling fan.

I try to keep away from the top two or three fighters as much as possible, but some of those picks I listed don't fall into that category. I never pick the top ranked fighter, however. And sometimes against Lesnar I'd pick Mir just for fun, and only go for leglocks.

But that was then, and now I really don't have the urge to pick it up anymore.

Smash INC

Quote from: Markus Stone on July 28, 2009, 05:45:31 AM
And sometimes against Lesnar I'd pick Mir just for fun, and only go for leglocks.

You sir, are my new favourite UFC player.

Jennifer

I don't always use the same people, I like to mix it up now and then so I don't just fall into same old every time.

That said, I do have a sort of preferred group.

LW: Sanchez.

WW: Fitch (even though welterweight is my fail weight. I barely ever win at it)

MW: Franklin or Silva

LHW: Franklin or Griffen

HW: Nogueira, Mir, or my CAF (only when others are using their's though)

I'm pretty fond of boxing/wrestling too, lol, although Muay Thaiers can throw some pretty sweet elbows from full guard - I find ideal if you're against somebody who is good on the ground.

Haha... the Mir thing, I've done that before, it was hilarious. Also had somebody pick Hendo when they saw I was Bisping, lol.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

LW- Sherk (sometimes Diego Sanchez)
WW- Fitch (rarely use GSP...but it is fun to)
MW- Franklin
LHW- Ortiz or Liddell (Really underrated in this game)
HW- Lesnar or Velasquez

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Level-One

I hate using real characters, in virtually EVERY game I play. I only have one CAF at the moment, in the heavyweight division. So I use him to fight all my fights.

Overall of 84; and I'll play anything under a 96. Disconnectors piss me off, but if you use common sense you can avoid most of this trouble. For example, if I see a fighter with 28 wins and like 20 losses, but he's on a 10 win streak then I know most likely he has BEGUN to disconnect. Sometimes the records can be deceiving, I just use my best judgement.

34-22 Lv. 25 online right now. With a little guidence of Laura I managed to gather a string of wins together  :D. I could use some improvement on getting into mount at times, still struggle with the transition, but it's still managable. Virtually every fight I have lost this week, has been in the clinch, so I need to cover that up.

Joining a league next week. I'll probably get my ass kicked, but hey--no point in waiting.  ;)

Jennifer

I'm level 60, now have 87-27-0 (one more win would have been 10 in a row, fucking flash KOs, lol) - sounds like you're getting better L1.

I'm actually kinda shoddy with my stand up, I tend to try and counter grapple rather than block and wind up getting munched up until I figure out patterns. Everyone who fights stand up has a pattern of strikes, I've found. Once that's been worked out, people don't tend to land shots any more, lol. All the same, my own striking sucks. I'm not always that great at judging distances, and I often wind up throwing a stepping punch when I'm just too far away.

Groundwise, I'm pretty damn good. I sometimes have trouble with none-wrestlers getting from side control - mount (specifically with BJJers who spam their side control defence - side control offence flip), and I sometimes find it tricky to get off my back if I'm not using BJJ. Unless somebody is really good at keeping on top, I can even get out of the full mount. Speaking of which - I can sometimes struggle to both keep that and consistently land strikes.

Still, now that I've figured out the Muay Thai clinch (managed to work it out midfight, came back from an absolute stand-up pasting to win on points), all that's left is Judo and I know how to do more or less everything, haha.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Marq

Let's see... LVL. 92 (down a bit, as I lost to some lower-level folks) and I'm at 362-126-1 for now.

And here's my preferred group of fighters:

LW: Sean Sherk, Kenny Florian
WW: Josh Koschek, Sean Sherk
MW: Thales Liates, Rich Franklin
LHW: Rashad Evans, Lyoto Machida
HW: Nog, Brock Lesnar

I'm pretty much a hawk for stamina and reversals on the ground, but if there's one thing I can never do, it's play as kickboxers -- the "superman punch" is a great punishing move, but I've given up on headkicks and just try to confuse people with combos and flurries, now. Machida's the only exception, but I use him for his subs.

Fun story for you -- I was up against a guy with a pretty lopsided recorded (same level, too -- LVL. 91), and I could've SWORN he was a quitter, but once we got into it, he was pretty awesome. I picked Liates, he went with Maia, and I usually like to surprise people with Thales' boxing before I go for the sub. He took me down once, but  immediately got back up, instead deciding to stick to boxing. Three rounds later, we're neck-and-neck in terms of stamina, trading great combos on one another without going to the ground once except for the initial takedown. No kidding, eventually we were at the stage in our stamina where all it would take was one well-placed shot, but each guy refused to even get rocked -- DESPITE the hard hooks, which was even crazier! Anyway, bell rings, and I just edge him out with a split decision in a TENSE stand-up fight between two submission fighters. Messaged each other at about the same time after, saying it was the coolest fight we've had in weeks, if only 'cause we picked up on each other's vibes. Most people would have bitched out and gone for a sneaky last-round sub in a "fuck you" kinda gesture, but this guy committed, which made it even more dope.

Anybody else have any GOOD stories from online play?

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Cory

My only memorable victory was the guy rocked me down to the ground twice, and I was able to pull guard (as Thiago Silva), and after I got up the second time hit a perfect flying knee and flash ko'd him with just about a minute and change in the fifth round.

Level-One

The patch is out!

I need to try it; a download had prompted me, and a few people backed that up on the forum with claims that they've had it too.

If so...FUCK YES. No more quitters.

EDIT- Yes, it's is CONFIRMED. It now displays the disconnection rate. Mine is at 17 even though I've never quit. Oh well, lol.

Cory

Yeah, fuck this game. Havent played at all this summer, forgot most of the controls, dropped 1-3 since the new patch..Madden comes out next week.

So UFC's going on the shelf for a while. It was fun while it lasted.

chunkylover

Lol, I just never picked it up, like all sports games its' a lil too repetative.

Killzone will be my next week purchase, MW2 out soon too

Jennifer

I just racked up my 100th win to get to 100-34-0, whoop.

Got it with literally the best flying knee I've ever seen/done as well, the distance was just right to get the knee to connect right on the chin. I went a bit crazy about how good it was when I saw it, lol.

Anyway, I'm wondering, for people who still play this. You know the little snippets next to your fighter when you're selecting them online? Stuff like 'Brutal Ground and Pound' - I was thinking about what kind of things other people had.

Mine are 'Versatile', 'Adapts to Opponent's Style' and 'Excellent Takedown Ability', and have been for quite a while now. Before I started with the wrestlers, I had 'Good Submissions' rather than that last one though.

Level-One

I still play. I still need to work on getting a wrestlers reversal. I've used judo and they reverse merely by pressing RB + and rotating half circle; but it's something different for wreslters. I dropped two fights yesterday, because I had guys who managed to reverse my transition to pass into an advantageous one with Brock Lesnar.

My record stands at 200-66

KO: 37/TKO: 32/Submission: 115 (I use a non-career caf, with a submission of 80 offence, because 100 to 115 is complete and utter bullshit) people of all ranks seem to tire themselves out. I won't even go for a submission until they get comfortable and kill their stamnia, then bam--lock that shit in and watch their hands beg for mercy.

My fight facts are:

Submission Machine
Versatile
Deadly in the clinch

The best part of the clinch deal is while I have a Mui Thia character, I've only used him like five times. I got the clinch deal with my wrestling slam reversal. I've tapped so many people in the first 20 seconds of the fight, when they catch my punches, try to slam me, but I reverse it into a Gillutine choke and tap them motherfuckers out. I rarely have anyone escape it.

I love this game, never gets old for me.

Jennifer

By the wrestler's reversal, do you mean the sweep? As in, the way to get out of the mount - or do you mean literally reversing the transistion with the flick of the stick?

I'm not sure why so many people who know how to do wrestling throws just go for the straight forward slam or the lift and slam. I will 9/10 times just do the ones that throw them down into side control, because nobody ever thinks to block those ones. From there - bam you can go straight into the mount, haha.

And the Guillotine Choke is really hard to escape from for some reason, the reversal anyway. It just seems to have a much better success rate than other subs. Maybe that's just me.

I'm trying to build up to the point where I'll have a CAF for each weight class to bring out whenever somebody decides they have to use somebody with cheap stats to win, but eh, all somebody with ridiculously high Sub skills means is that you need to be a bit more careful. After all, it's about stamina most of the time.

But dayumn looks like I have some catching up to do to get to where you are L1, lol.

Cory

I Had- Vicious Ground and Pound
           Excellent Takedown Ability
           Most Wins via KO