News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

UFC 2009: Undisputed

Started by Maz, January 09, 2009, 11:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Thats good and bad. Good as in lots of options, but I hope it didn't cut into the space for create-a-fighter.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Nick

Quote from: Cory on April 11, 2009, 07:37:17 PM
and pre-ordered my copy today. I hope this game doesn't blow and trading in Madden 08 for it bites me in the ass.

Agreed. I pre-ordered as well, they better not fuck up the controls. Pride FC style(THQ) or Fight Night style will do just fine.

Jon Tees

I’m going to pre-order sometime in May and try and plan it out so that I get it prior to my birthday (May 24th) it comes out on the 19th so I should be able to get it on or before my birthday.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

James Onlee

Looking forward to this game as well.  Always loved the UFC games.  I couldn't tell you who half the people listed on that roster are, but i'm sure the CAF feature will stay, and hopefully will be a ton better than it was back on ps2 and xbox.

Cory

Got the demo today, pretty fun.

JohnS.

Yeah the demo is good...I can't wait to be able to create my fighter and start a career though...and it sucks you can only fight with Liddell or Shogun

Duckman

Been having a ton of fun playing my brother at the demo.  Chuck's strikes seem to win the majority of the fights, but if you lock a submission you can beat him.

The control system is good, once you get the hang of using the 'bumper' buttons and the movement stick to get the powerful strikes you can do some serious damage.  The spinning backfist knocked my bro on his ass on more than one occasion!

Can't wait for the finished game because the demo is really sweet!

Pre-ordering as we speak!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Midas

My cousin and I have created a UFC Undisputed fighting league if anyone is interested?

Basically you join the forums and act like you do here but you sign up a created wrestler and join a camp if you want. Once the game comes out you will have about a week or so to get your dreated wrestler up to par and get him through career mode.

At that point the card is set and you will fight online (360) with your opponent, most people have a form of recording device so they will put it on youtube but if not the results get sent to the admin.

From that point the legue continues and you go up the ranks winning and losing and all that fun stuff.

I don't think it is cool to post a link so hit me up if you are interested guys.

Cory

Im going to try and get online this weekend...sitting on a few grand now so it shouldn't be a problem..sounds cool bro.

Level-One

Quote from: Donnovan Midas on May 13, 2009, 01:32:55 PM
My cousin and I have created a UFC Undisputed fighting league if anyone is interested?

Basically you join the forums and act like you do here but you sign up a created wrestler and join a camp if you want. Once the game comes out you will have about a week or so to get your dreated wrestler up to par and get him through career mode.

At that point the card is set and you will fight online (360) with your opponent, most people have a form of recording device so they will put it on youtube but if not the results get sent to the admin.

From that point the legue continues and you go up the ranks winning and losing and all that fun stuff.

I don't think it is cool to post a link so hit me up if you are interested guys.

Ah, this is exactly what I was hoping to see. If I renew my subscription (bought a card and lost it  :() I'll defiently be on board with this, similar to the wrestling leagues people held in the same manner, it's how I found efedding.  ;D

Adam Wrong

i am psyched for this game now preordered yesterday

KevinHill

Im not a fan of UFC, and the only fights I've watched that I remember are Ortiz/Shamrock I think 2.... And the Lesnar matches.

But I played the free demo and gotta admit, it was fun. Graphics are great and controls, once you get used to them are simple. I'll eventually buy the game. Probably wont on the release date but its something I'll be buying.

JohnS.

Game fuckin rocks, it leaked onto the internet yesterday and I grabbed it...Career mode is sweet, but its a tad too easy...like, capture the belt in under 2 hours easy. But the game still rocks...and will definitely keep its replay value for awhile.

Duckman

This should be here on Friday and I can't wait!!  Oh and Midas I'll PM you about joining your league!  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Logan Taylor

I left work early today, mainly cause I felt like shit, but also to pick up my pre-ordered copy.  I am playing now and I fucking love it. The demo is great, but the full game is 100x better.  Career mode is pretty bad ass. It is a lot tougher trying to win fights when your ranking and skills are so low.

My few things I don't like thus far is that in Create a Fighter, you cannot spin or rotate your guy to see how things look on him. Also the options on how you look are less than I thought. That's all I can spot right now.

Stupid PSN was down for maintenance so I couldn't download Bader and Efrain or play online. It just came back up so I am getting them as I type this. Ah yeah, one more thing I wish it had, besides TUF for Career Mode, is entrances. Unless they do them when you make a Main Event fight, I haven't seen any thus far.