News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

UFC 2009: Undisputed

Started by Maz, January 09, 2009, 11:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

played it most of the day, trying to figure out live n stuff....but pretty fun game.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

JohnS.

Kamen I know on 360 you hold down the right trigger and then you can rotate the fighter with the left stick. Not sure about on PS3, but I'm pretty sure it's possible

Logan Taylor

Yeah it is. I just figured it out later on in the night.

Logan Taylor

Anyone know if or how to change your fighting styles in Career Mode? I see you can change your appearance and stuff, but not an option to switch fighting styles.

Cory

4-1 online......only loss is to a 3second glitcher....fucking fag too.

Bring it anyone.

Cory

I actually quit Live(ufc anyways)

WAAAAY to laggy, to the point wheres it too frustrating and boring.

Big Gay Honker

Picked the game up yesterday.  I love nearly everything about it.  I haven't done create a fighter, prolly do it later tonight.  I have done career many times over and I only have one complaint.  The moves are all cookie cutter.  Like if I play Liddell, Holding forward and Y gives a nice overhand.  On career, it's the same cross.  I wish they would have done more to the striking moves.  Like if I'm mounted on someone, I dislike Hammerfists.  I would instead love it if I could hit a big swing or overhand. 

I also dislike that the only way to score a headkick is to do kickboxing.  In Thai Boxing there are head kicks too...  I feel dirty picking kickboxing over thai boxing when kick boxing is thai boxing's guy little brother.

Other than that I'm happy with the game.  It's the only game I can think of where when I get knocked out I laugh at it. 

Cory

...no complaints.....just wait (if u have) till uplay online....worst thing ever.....im still pissed lol

Logan Taylor

My online play has been perfect. No lag, glitches, or hiccups. Might be your net connection Cory.

Cory

I dont know, a lot of my friends as well had very slow connections......maybe its just damn Canada

Big Gay Honker

I just completed career mode.  Dana decided I was the God of MMA and sent me an email letting me know I'm done.  Basically, I destroyed the who's who of the UFC lightweight division.  After compiling a record of 28-5, Mr. T had to hang the gloves up.  Rarely went past the second round, my cardio, speed, and strength were maxed to the highest it would allow the three.  100 stand up, 85 kicks, 90 ground strikes, grappling O and D and take down O and D.  70 in stirke D, ground strike D, and submission D.  Basically, I was the perfect MMA fighter without submission O.  Boxing and Wrestling.  Sprawl and Brawl.  If I wanted to take it to the ground I did, and nobody could control the position of the fight except for Sean Sherk for a while.  The first 4 loses were in the beginning and they were knock outs.  The fifth was Tyson Griffin for his title.  Mr. T is retired now, but remember, he would destroy each and every one of you at the same time.  I need to charge my headset, and then I will own any one of you who thinks they can stand up to me.

Cory

I made my German Heavyweight Van Terminator, went much like your guy 28-5....28 first round knockouts.....Only losses were to Heath Herring in my 4th fight, Brock Lesnar who murdered my 0 ground skills, same goes for Norgueria and Gonzaga. Defended the HW title 12 times, before losing to Fabricio Werdum, and then Knocking him out in the rematch. I had 98 Kicks, 92 Standing, 84 ground strikes, and a High-Middle range defence for just about everything. I didn't realize that those Camps were important to stayed at Level 1 Kickboxing and Level 1 Wrestling, and didn't make the hall of fame, but then again, 28 first round knockouts, id' just be embarrassed,

Duckman

I won the LHW Title and also got the email from Dana telling me I need to hang up the gloves.  Current record is 25-4, 24 TKO's and one decision with my 7 Title defences in a row.

I did just lose the Title to Forrest Griffin but that's because I put the difficulty up a level, about to have a rematch against him so I might be a 2 time LWH Champ!

My guy is has high 70s for most of everything at the moment bar subs although I put in a bit of sub defence (which wasn't good enough against the triangle that Forrest beat me with!) after getting tapped early.  He's a boxer/wrestler.

Loving the game a lot and about to start on the lowest weight and work my way up to HW.

Also going to give some online play in a while and would be happy to accept the challenge of anyone from EFK!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

chunkylover

Pros and Cons of this game? Before I decide on making a purchase...

Cory

Pros:

-Excellent Graphics
-Farily easy to learn the basics (excellent Tutorial)
- Fun as hell...and thats an understatement
- Best Fight/Fight Simulator on the market (as maybe to Fight Night Round 3)
- WILL help you understand MMA much more

Cons:
-Frustrating as hell as the game gets harder.....meaning near impossible to go undefeated in career mode
-If you have a temper like me, you'll go through a few controllers because of Con 1
-Online/Live needs some improvement (heard rumours of an update to be released soon by THQ)
- CAF is pretty good, but room for LOADS of improvement....not a whole lot of options but sumwhat limited like the wrestling games.