News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Football Manager 2008 & 2009

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, November 26, 2008, 09:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Popular game. Suggested signings...

Matias Fernadez costs a lot from Villareal, excellent free kicks and great little midfielder. World footballer of the year with me.

Mauro Zarate...Kenny suggested I try Quatar for players and this kid in particular. Signed him for Cardiff for 3.5 million. Awesome in Championship netting 38 league goals. Went to the Premiership, he struggled for 2 years, one year he didnt even get a grab a goal and as a side we looked elsewhere. We then lost one of our strikers to a bigger club and I was waiting on a couple of South Americans to gain their Polish nationality. Mauro was thus recalled and with some TLC at the age of 25 has got 18 goals in the Premeiership bout 24 games in and also 26 in all competitions. Worth a cheeky purchase.

Danny Haynes...great loan player from Ipswich. Can grab you goals left right and centre. Awesome pace.

There is also a hungarian free transfer from brazil. He is worth getting from League 1 downwards...cant remember his name though.

Getting 09 for Xmas, any other suggestions leave em here.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

I got none for 09 but for 08 I found Jo, Elano and Morais. 3 excellent Brazilians. Since finding them in 08 two of them signed for Man City though, which I thought was bloody funny. But the three definitely do well together.

Arshavin apparently is a great signing for 09 but obviously after his media exposure before the game's release, he'll be very fucking expensive.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Quadzilla

Luis Jimenez was a god on FM08

Anthony Vanden Borre
Pato
Sergio Aguero
Bernardo

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob KC on November 26, 2008, 03:45:52 PM
I got none for 09 but for 08 I found Jo, Elano and Morais. 3 excellent Brazilians. Since finding them in 08 two of them signed for Man City though, which I thought was bloody funny. But the three definitely do well together.

Arshavin apparently is a great signing for 09 but obviously after his media exposure before the game's release, he'll be very fucking expensive.

If you play him on the right side up front he is also a great signing in 08', pace alone grabs you goals. Kennys suggestion of Zarate the uncapped Argie (with spanish dual nationality) is a must he plays for someone like Al Saed.

Kenfucius

So far in '09...

Keirrison, find him in the Brazil under 20s, will cost about 3m or so at game start. Good striker for me so far, and supposedly becomes far better. Gets work permit on appeal for any club in the UK.

Genero Zeefuik (PSV), who was potentially great in '08, is much the same in '09, and you can pick him up for under a million. Dutch, for those who don't know him.

Ferrie Bodde, Dutch but plays for a below Prem English side that I can't remember, is a reliable performer in midfield for low end Prem sides and below, can be picked up for about half a million.

Other young Brazilian, Rafael Carioca, plays as a DM, MC, is valued at the beginning of the game at 3.4m, however, he has a 3m release clause. He's 19, will get a permit, and his wage demands are pretty low as I recall. Worth it even as a big team, because he's guaranteed profit if nothing else.

For those looking for a real bargain, Brian Easton of Hamilton in the SPL. DLC, plays well at left back in the SPL, is probably a must buy at Championship level. 20 years old, 200k.

On the more expensive end, and because I have an eye for a top keeper, Asenjo of Valladolid is the Akinfeev/Ustari of '09. starts out valued at around 4m, but to get him you'll probably have to meet his 7.75m minimum release. As he's Spanish, no need to worry about permits or any such thing.

Oh, and splash the cash on Jack Wilshere in the Arsenal youths. He's probably the best Wonderkid of '09, but he is very pricey.

There's also a bug, (dunno if it's only pre-patch though) that allows you to rape the fuck out of the MLS. When you start the game, set it as a view only league instead of playable, and you will find a lot of good players available on free transfers (including the worldwide reputed David Beckham, who sends any side's merchandising through the roof and is still decent enough to get a game for most teams)

This also leaves Landon Donovan approachable on a Bosman at the beginning of the game, and he'll arrive during the January window. You'll need to be a decent Prem team to get them though, as they tend to demand fairly large pay deals.

Duckman

I've just bought 09 and I'm loving it.  The 3-D match thing is cool, there's less dumb ass results and the interactive options are a lot better.

We need to get an online game sorted out, would be a lot of fun.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well I started a MLS game and a EPL game as DC United and Fulham

I couldnt win hardly a game in MLS and didnt have my contract renewed which sucked cause post season I halved the wage bill and had Fowler and Yorke joining us.

Still in it season 4 with Fulham...best I got to was 15th so far and the final of the League Cup last season which we lost....

hoping for mid table this year. Signed a lot of lads from the Mexican team who seem to fairing well.

Jimmy Chisel

Toronto FC motherfuckers! Briefly had Folwer, got rid of him. Have Julius Agahowa but he broke his collar bone. Dwayne DeRosario is a beast however.

We're doing pretty well. Third in the Eastern Conference. Feels like we're on course for the Canadian Championship as well (TFC don't qualify for the Lemar Hunt/US Open Cup instead they play other Canadian teams, which seems to just be a minileague verses Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal Impact). Pretty pleased with one year in charge. Got to the play offs year one, looking for the same this time around. Just did a pre-contract with Radzinski. He's going to be my new "Old Loveable Forward" to replace Danny Dichio who is probably going to go. The MLS isn't bad when you get used to it. Edited Miami FC in on FM07 during the Summer. Had a pretty good run. Won the MLS, Open Cup,  and even went on to win the CONCACAF Copa Sudamerica beating Boca Juniors in the final. Decided to take on TFC in 09,  and enjoy it. Managed to beat MLS holders Houston 1-0. Twas wonderful.

Quadzilla

My Chelsea team are so inconsistant at the mo I have gone and spunked money on Kaka and David Silva to make me feel better. :D

I don't really need them but it felt good.  :P

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.