News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

PDAnet

Started by Gary, January 26, 2009, 04:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

this little software turns your smart phone into a tether for adhocs, well with the iphone u can use it as a usb modem, my question is if anyone knows or can find out..if I can use it to download, cause everytime I turn on bitcomet it dies for me.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Judge

I would NOT use any sort of cellular net connection for trying to run Bittorrent or any sort of download.  That's asking for your stuff to be turned off.

Gary

[/center]

JohnS.

Also, depending on your carrier, it's asking for a HUGE phone bill. In most cases tethering costs extra even if you have an unlimited usage plan as far as internet.

Gary

i dont get that...why would they charge you extra?

[/center]

JohnS.

Probably because of the heavy volume of data that computers on the internet regularly use. Plus it's another way for them to make money lol. On my plan for my Curve, I would have to pay $10 extra a month for tethering...for only 5 GB of transfer.

Gary

well im fucked cause its the only way I can get online for the time being.

[/center]

jagilki

the mice and treadmill broke down?

Zombie Gunn

I use tmobile and its free to tether through them if you have the blackberry data plan.

Its crazy slow though.

Gary

Quote from: jagilk-e on January 27, 2009, 02:19:05 PM
the mice and treadmill broke down?

mom broke her leg, cant run on the treadmill.

[/center]

Duckman

Would it be ok to just surf without major cost? 

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

JohnS.

Really it depends on Guille's carrier. Like Jesse said, through T-Mobile it's free to tether with an unlimited blackberry plan, with ATT it's an additional $10 per month for only 5GB. Depending on the terms of Guille's character he may be able to just browse around for fairly cheap.

Judge

The idea for the tethering plan is a mobile office kind of deal where you need to VPN to get email and access the corporate network, and light web browsing.  Most of the terms of service restrict any kind of streaming or downloading, such as watching youtube or downloading MP3s, etc.

You could probably get away with it though, up to and including the limit, but don't bitch if they cut you off because you're technically violating the ToS.

Gary

I have ATT...thing is I dont know when Im past thr 5gb cap lol

[/center]