News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

World of Warcraft

Started by SupremeChaotic, July 22, 2008, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SupremeChaotic

Anyone here play?

I have a 70 Warrior on Bronzebeard (Horde side), as well as a mid level Mage and Hunter

Working on a new Druid on Echo Isle (Alliance side) as well.

Draeden

On Anachronos-EU I have a 65 Belf Huntard and a 40-something Paladin. On Doomhammer-EU I've got a level 26 work in-progress Priest. Then there's like 15 other various characters I've never gotten to 20. Except a Rogue I think...

Judge

Rogue's do it from behind.

TaNK

Never played it..

although I am curious?

Judge

I can't get over the fact that WoW is so *slow*  I mean travelling from here to there in the lower levels takes like a day and a half.

I guess I'm used to CoH, where you get a travel power at 14 and can make your way from one end of a zone to another in 2 mins.

That's why I stopped playing WoW.  Also because if you miss a few days of playing, your friends all level up faster than you and you're stuck at level bullshit.  And there's no way to catch up besides grinding.  in CoH the Sidekick/Exemplar system is a brillaintly designed piece that lets you SK up to the highest level, or let's a high level lower himself down to your level so you get XP.

Bryan

meh. never saw the appeal to it.

TaNK

Nm, Judge convinced me that it sucks.

Dave Johnson

WOW is a freaking waste of money. I payed $50 for it and asked the guy do I need to pay to sign up, he said no, so I installed it, sat down, cracked my knuckles and when it came up I need bills to pay monthly. I thought fuck that and only got $30 bucks back, but still I think it would have been worth playing it.

SupremeChaotic

Quote from: The Judge on July 23, 2008, 08:04:14 AM
I can't get over the fact that WoW is so *slow*  I mean travelling from here to there in the lower levels takes like a day and a half.

I guess I'm used to CoH, where you get a travel power at 14 and can make your way from one end of a zone to another in 2 mins.

That's why I stopped playing WoW.  Also because if you miss a few days of playing, your friends all level up faster than you and you're stuck at level bullshit.  And there's no way to catch up besides grinding.  in CoH the Sidekick/Exemplar system is a brillaintly designed piece that lets you SK up to the highest level, or let's a high level lower himself down to your level so you get XP.

Actually, all of that has been fixed.

The XP rates for leveling has been dropped for levels 10-58, meaning it doesn't take near as much XP to level between those levels.

When you log in an inn or in a capital city, you immediately begin gaining a rest bonus.  During this rest bonus, all XP earned through kills is doubled.  So if your friends do advance while you're away, it will not take you long to catch back up.

As of last week, you can now get mounts at level 30 instead of 40, and the training is now 35g instead of 89g.

Judge

Quote from: SupremeChaotic on July 23, 2008, 11:26:54 AM

Actually, all of that has been fixed.

The XP rates for leveling has been dropped for levels 10-58, meaning it doesn't take near as much XP to level between those levels.

When you log in an inn or in a capital city, you immediately begin gaining a rest bonus.  During this rest bonus, all XP earned through kills is doubled.  So if your friends do advance while you're away, it will not take you long to catch back up.

As of last week, you can now get mounts at level 30 instead of 40, and the training is now 35g instead of 89g.

Well, the point of playing an MMO, at least in my eyes, is to play and have fun with your friends, and not force them to play a toon that they don't wish to.  So if they still wanted to play their max level toon, you could join then, or they could join you on their level.

Grinding is still grinding, but it's much more fun if your friend is with you.  I'm aware of the rest bonus, but that's at max 2 levels worth, depending on how long you're logged out....and that further widens the gap if you friends play non-stop.

IMO, it's far more easier to get a team and just have fun and level up in CoH, regardless of level disparity.  In WoW, you don't have that kind of freedom to team with whoever...you've GOT to team with someone around your level to get XP.

SupremeChaotic

I disagree.  You don't have to anyone to level.  You can do 98% of the quests solo and still easily level.  I leveled my Mage, Warrior and Druid pretty much solo, and it was really easy.

Judge

If you're going to solo, why not just play an offline RPG then?  What's the point in playing an MMO if you're going to solo the entire game?

JaceGryphon

I've got a level 18 Undead Warrior on Cairne-US, and a level 10 Gnome Warrior on SilverHand-US.

I've also got a level 1 Undead Warrior on the Oceanic server Nagrand where me and some friends were planning to start our own guild, but it hasn't gone beyond creating our characters yet.

Big Gay Honker

I'm on the Zuluhed Server mostly.  It's a shit server, not many people on it, BUT you can bash your head through your monitor and still kick the shit out of people on it.

Dumps-69 Warlock w/Fel Guard
Farthammr-44 Pally
Plzdnthrtme-54 Rogue
Singlemom-44 warrior

I have several others, I also have a few on Bronzebeard, Moan Daddy 14 undead warrior, and Cowplopper, 10 Druid.

Rob

Wow, bringing a topic back from the dead eh? I wanted to see if anyone played this on here as I've started playing in the last month or so. I got a lvl 14 human warrior and that's it, but I really enjoy it as a casual player to be honest.
SixersEagles

[/center]