News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Palm Pre

Started by Logan Taylor, June 23, 2009, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan Taylor

One word easily describes this phone and it is amazing. I hate the term "iPhone Killer", but in regards to giving Apple a run for their money, the Pre is the right phone for the job. Why is that? The webOS. It's not the phone itself that will make Apple nervous, but it is the software behind the phone that will do the job. webOS is a Linux based operating system and it truly makes multitasking a breeze. With the iPhone and similar other Smartphones you can only run one app at a time whereas with the Pre you can run multiple apps simultaneously without a slowdown or a hiccup. The UI is almost flawless and navigation is easy. Some people are bitching saying "yeah but there are like no apps out for it" and to to them I sadly hang my head in shame.  The phone is still very new as it just came out earlier this month so there is still much to be added.  But hands down the best app thus far is called Pandora which allows you to create custom radio stations to stream music and it will suggest songs you may like based off what you have selected. Best of all it is free. Actually come to think of it all of the apps that I know of are free which is a major plus. Plus Palm has announced that before the end of Summer they will be releasing SDK for it so people can make their own apps or convert ones from other carriers.

Is it a perfect phone? Of course not. I don't think there will ever be a perfect phone, but it is damn close especially as they fine tune some things and take care of a few minor bugs. My only main downfall is the battery life is kinda short. After having it off the charge and using it to make calls, text, and hit a few websites all in the span of 7 hours, I was down to like 25% battery. You definitely need to tweak a few settings to preserve the life and I have noticed that it tends to last longer as time progresses.