News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

SVR 2011 and WWE: ALL STARS

Started by jagilki, June 08, 2010, 08:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Patterson

Crowds are looking better. Should be awesome at first, but then it'll eventually fizzle out if they don't add in another element.

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Jonny Worldbeater

SVR11 looks interesting, but then it always does, and hopefully it's not just another cheesy gimmick to distract from the fact that it's the Madden of wrestling games, basically giving us a slightly repackaged version of the same game every year.

Though I don't have much faith in All Stars. Some bells went off when they said the guy's previous works were like NFL Blitz or something and the TNA Impact game which sucked several thousand cocks. Sounds kind of like the Acclaim or Midway or whatever wrestling games like Legends of Wrestling and Attitude which were pretty much always shit.

Also, the art style of the game looks ugly as fuck.

RickRampage

I think they need to do what made all the original games fun and add a CAW Storyline. Something like when you're starting off and don't have the star power, you get lower end storylines and go after lower end titles. When you get better star power, you get better storylines and chances at the better titles. I think that's what has been missing from the games lately. I would also like to see a 2 player storyline where you don't necessarily have to be a tag team, but you run completely different paths and could end up facing each other, or end up in storylines together.

I think they've been trying to hard to work on the mechanics of the game and forgot about the fact that people like to use their CAWS in the career mode. Hell, they should make a Smackdown vs RAW Path to the Hall of Fame game where you actually have to play your way through the WWE from the bottom to the top and hope you can make it to the HoF, but maybe that is just me.

Russ

Fuck storylines.

I'm happy repeatedly powerboming people through ladders, thanks.

And thank god you can move around before executing a move - no more hitting a tombstone and getting an immediate kickout off a ropebreak.

YES.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Russaholic on June 09, 2010, 07:49:48 PMFuck storylines.

I'm happy repeatedly powerboming people through ladders, thanks.

And thank god you can move around before executing a move - no more hitting a tombstone and getting an immediate kickout off a ropebreak.

YES.

I wouldn't get too excited yet dude. It might end up just being like those dozen or so 'Ultimate Control Moves' rather than say a full gamut.

Drama Queen

Quote from: RickRampage on June 09, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
I think they need to do what made all the original games fun and add a CAW Storyline. Something like when you're starting off and don't have the star power, you get lower end storylines and go after lower end titles. When you get better star power, you get better storylines and chances at the better titles. I think that's what has been missing from the games lately. I would also like to see a 2 player storyline where you don't necessarily have to be a tag team, but you run completely different paths and could end up facing each other, or end up in storylines together.

I think they've been trying to hard to work on the mechanics of the game and forgot about the fact that people like to use their CAWS in the career mode. Hell, they should make a Smackdown vs RAW Path to the Hall of Fame game where you actually have to play your way through the WWE from the bottom to the top and hope you can make it to the HoF, but maybe that is just me.

In other words they should include NXT! (It's the only thing would make me even try the game)

jagilki

RickRampage

Well, I don't know about adding NXT. I mean, sure it would be interesting to see if you could win NXT and what not, but I mean, everyone would then go after the WWE Title or The World Championship, which defeats the purpose of building your CAW up. I want a true career mode with several storylines throughout. I mean, not just some two year loop of facing the same guys over and over until you retire, something that will allow the storylines to occur against Edge one time, and then next time you hit that storyline, you're facing Orton or Cena. Something that would actually be some what enjoyable to play with you CAW, and not just use him for some random career mode with no storylines, just matches.

Drama Queen

Quote from: RickRampage on June 09, 2010, 11:00:16 PM
Well, I don't know about adding NXT. I mean, sure it would be interesting to see if you could win NXT and what not, but I mean, everyone would then go after the WWE Title or The World Championship, which defeats the purpose of building your CAW up. I want a true career mode with several storylines throughout. I mean, not just some two year loop of facing the same guys over and over until you retire, something that will allow the storylines to occur against Edge one time, and then next time you hit that storyline, you're facing Orton or Cena. Something that would actually be some what enjoyable to play with you CAW, and not just use him for some random career mode with no storylines, just matches.

Ah... something like "Here Comes the Pain" ?(I think that was the one.... had the best career mode that I can recall with various interchangeable stories). Career wise they have not topped that and that was something lie a decade ago. Damn, I was still living in Ireland when that one came out!

Exile

bleh i really didnt like All Stars. It was just weird to be honest. I dont play a lot of games but SVR is always on my buy list. All stars will probably pass by without me noticing

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: RickRampage on June 09, 2010, 07:28:10 PM

One of my all time favorite wrestling game storyline features was Raw 2's career mode. It was so epic! If you took that, and buffed it up a little bit, it would be epic!

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Russ

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on June 09, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
I wouldn't get too excited yet dude. It might end up just being like those dozen or so 'Ultimate Control Moves' rather than say a full gamut.

Videos of that feature have shown someone lifted for a suplex, then walked and dropped with no like 'press this button' prompts.

jagilki

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on June 10, 2010, 01:01:12 AM
One of my all time favorite wrestling game storyline features was Raw 2's career mode. It was so epic! If you took that, and buffed it up a little bit, it would be epic!

Regards,

JDM

Trish Stratus world champion before your CAW.

Stacy Keibler WWF/E Champion before your CAW.

But, 4 person season mode was fun.