News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

SVR 2011 and WWE: ALL STARS

Started by jagilki, June 08, 2010, 08:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Russaholic on June 10, 2010, 05:50:55 AMVideos of that feature have shown someone lifted for a suplex, then walked and dropped with no like 'press this button' prompts.

I watched the video too dude. Still, wouldn't get too excited about it until you see it properly. Just because it didn't display anything on the screen in the presentation video doesn't guarantee the control scheme, nor that it will be applied across the board.

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jose The Law Ramon

Dunno if I'd get back on gamefly to rent it, but I'm at least interested in All Stars for the novelty. I also will have to fix/replace my 360 in order to get my next SvR game (seriously, I have every game since the Smackdown series).

Russ

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113429p1.html

SVR11 Preview!

Big news...

- WWE Universe: You set rivalries and friendships, wrestle random matches like you would in exhibition, and the game develops storylines for them and books raw/smackdown/superstars/ppv cards in accordance with your rivalries for you to play through. You can roam around backstage, you can win MITB and then choose to cash it in, lush!

- Road to Wrestlemania Revamp: All the linearness is gone, basically again you roam around backstage, get into little fights backstage, cut promos and do mini-quests.

- CAW Attribute Points: No longer need to be earned! You can set them how you want them with abilities as soon as you make the person.

- HIAC: Bigger cell, weapons under the ring, new moves off the cell and moves to put people through the cell wall.

- Moves/Finishers: Finishers can be hit anytime rather than when the other guy is groggy, so you earn your finisher, walk up to them and hit it rather than crappily kicking them in the gut for a codebreaker or whatever. Also new grapple positions mean you can pick people up and put them on the top turnbuckle to do a move rather than whipping into the corner etc.

Confirmed elsewhere...

- Create A Sign (By Gamingring twitter): Put logos on signs for your CAW

- Gender Restrictions Removed: This is an 'I think' one, but IGN's video showed Michelle McCool beating down on Jack Swagger, which you couldn't do last year as men and women would never be allowed to meat in the ring.

- Community Restriction Removed: You can edit downloaded CAWs now, thank God.

More info apparently coming later today too!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Hondo

Quote from: Russaholic on August 18, 2010, 07:16:54 AM
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113429p1.html

SVR11 Preview!

Big news...

- WWE Universe: You set rivalries and friendships, wrestle random matches like you would in exhibition, and the game develops storylines for them and books raw/smackdown/superstars/ppv cards in accordance with your rivalries for you to play through. You can roam around backstage, you can win MITB and then choose to cash it in, lush!

- Road to Wrestlemania Revamp: All the linearness is gone, basically again you roam around backstage, get into little fights backstage, cut promos and do mini-quests.

- CAW Attribute Points: No longer need to be earned! You can set them how you want them with abilities as soon as you make the person.

- HIAC: Bigger cell, weapons under the ring, new moves off the cell and moves to put people through the cell wall.

- Moves/Finishers: Finishers can be hit anytime rather than when the other guy is groggy, so you earn your finisher, walk up to them and hit it rather than crappily kicking them in the gut for a codebreaker or whatever. Also new grapple positions mean you can pick people up and put them on the top turnbuckle to do a move rather than whipping into the corner etc.

Confirmed elsewhere...

- Create A Sign (By Gamingring twitter): Put logos on signs for your CAW

- Gender Restrictions Removed: This is an 'I think' one, but IGN's video showed Michelle McCool beating down on Jack Swagger, which you couldn't do last year as men and women would never be allowed to meat in the ring.

- Community Restriction Removed: You can edit downloaded CAWs now, thank God.

More info apparently coming later today too!

Because that would DEFINITELY be in violation of the PG standards ;)

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Bryan

lol.

sounds good, i'll give it a rent when it comes out. interested in seeing more of WWE All Stars, the impression I got from that game was it seemed more like a fighting game than anything else.

jagilki

I like the editing DL CAWS as then I'd be able to give TFWFers proper music.

Russ

K so gender restrictions weren't lifted, sucks, but create a top rope finisher sounds fucking awesome (top rope as in superplex, pepsi plunge etc.).
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Jonny Worldbeater

Ok, this game officially looks like a fuckton of fun. And yes, it's pretty much been confirmed you can do the 'walk around before you hit your move' deal with pretty much any move, including finishers.

It's too bad I have to buy a new console first since my old one crapped out on me, but I'll definitely get this game

Alex Smiley

No NXT mode? Guess they really don't have faith in the concept lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Brandon

I'll play it. Haven't bought one in many years, but maybe this one will redeem the franchise.

Have to say.. I love the car crash.. it's so horribly made that it made me giggle like a Russ.

Gary

Quote from: Pastor AlexK on August 19, 2010, 11:59:13 PM
No NXT mode? Guess they really don't have faith in the concept lol

well the concept ends in october..so not like they can have that much faith.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWddOILRhlE&feature=player_embedded#at=94

Create A Corner Finisher Vid...

Things shown:
. Springboard codebreaker to someone on the top rope
. RKO from second rope to someone on top rope
. Belly to belly position, so probably cyclorama is confirmed (something to replace Evan Bourne's generic hurricanrana second finisher then)

Other new things revealed:
. Bret Hart as a special pre-order thing from gamestop (I think)
. Chris Masters Playable, Kelly Kelly/Rey Mysterio Halloween Costumes will be free DLC if you buy the game new
. If you set RKO or Codebreaker as a finisher, you can do it either standing or running (I -think- it may also be that 1 move covers both positions, so you select 'rko' and can do it from both positions, and then have punt kick as second finisher/codebreaker and walls of jericho)
. Gender Restrictions haven't been removed, but Divas can now be in all match types except first blood... oh the fun of bombing the bella twins through a cell!
. Road To Wrestlemanias this year are Christian, Rey, Jericho, Vs. Undertaker (so probably a CAW to end the streak storyline) and Cena