News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

This Week's RAW

Started by JaceGryphon, July 15, 2008, 09:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaceGryphon

So...who's with me that last night's episode was pretty decent until right at the end.  As soon as Cena started chasing JBL through the backstage area, I KNEW something like that was going to happen...

Dave Johnson

Doesn't come on until Wednesday for us here so I will post my review once watched.

Good RAW Performance?

JaceGryphon

I thought it was quite good until the final five minutes when it just went super-predictable.

Cena cut a promo part-way through that was just....wow, I didn't believe it.  Kirsta and I agreed that it just didn't seem like one of the usual scripted promos, it had to have been off the cuff, it was just...wow...His face was turning as red as the Coca Cola logo.

Edit: And I'm not a a fan of Cena's by any stretch, but that just impressed the hell out of me.

BSzlam

it was pretty decent, looking forward to seeing the great american bash, i wonder what the mcmahons are gonnah do now that they didnt get what they asked for from the superstars...gonnah be interesting..

Duckman

The show was going along nicely until that skit with JBL/Cena and the car.  Just far too much, so over the top and it wrenches people out of their suspended disbelief.

It's not 'pushing boundaries' or 'shock tv' if anything it's like Jace said, just too obvious.

The show was going well till that part.  Cena and Kane had a good exchange as did Batista and Punk.  I loved that bit with Batista tapping Punk's face and the look and then attack by Punk, very cool.

Cena's promo is what he should be doing every week.  The 'poopy' skit and all that kiddie stuff he was doing last week just makes him look so corny and lame.

A decent Raw that build ok to the Bash PPV, which I will watch cause it's on for free over here!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

TaNK

Didnt watch it.

Was CT there? I love those guys.

Bryan

yup, they main evented raw...it was cena and cryme tyme vs JBL, DiBiase and Rhodes.

my satellite went during raw so i didn't catch the last half hour...forgot to watch it when it came on cable so i didn't see the ending. from what i've read it's pretty lame.

TaNK

Looks like I am gonna have to youtube it lol

Shannon Skanes

I have a rule. I don't watch the main event. It is always the weakest part of the show and will be played 15 times next week anyways. Once the main event is on, I find something else to watch.

The highlights of the show were the HBK/Jericho brawl, Santino backstage (always gold), the Kane-Punk-Batista exchange and for some reason Jamie Noble manages to make me laugh.

The one thing that REALLY impressed me last night was something subtle. On four occasions, Lawler and Cole shut the hell up and let the wrestlers advance the storyline by actually talking inside the ring. THAT needs to happen every week. Let their true characters come out and make it more interesting. I don't need to be reminded every two seconds who is fighting who at the next PPV. Let the wrestlers talk.

Bryan

yeah, completely true. i'll watch raw up till the main event, then just change it...same people headlining the show, and usually nothing happens at the end.

TaNK

I'll always watch if CT is part of the main event. I really like the CT and Cena faction. It makes Cena almost bearable.

Jason Aries

It was an alright show the end was sort of the damn predictable which seems to be the trend now.

Duckman

That point about the announcers laying out and letting the wrestlers speak is SO important.

One of the reasons I can't stand TNA is Tenay and West just talking through everything.  They say things that that don't need to be said.  In fact I remember one episode where Scott Hall said his catchphrase and Teney went "that's his trademark catchphrase!" which we just don't need told.

Announcers can bring an angle or a match up another level, JR especially, but Shannon is right, Cole and Lawler really gave some of the segments a chance to stand on their own.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dave Johnson

I ended up watching RAW and thought it was great, so much better than there other previous weeks.

The Kane angle so far has been going well, Punk vs. Batista looks like it will be a good match-up at the Bash and the Cena promo I actually enjoyed and I hate his guts. He wasn't his usual cocky and up himself piece of crap, he did really well.

RAW was a good showing, I enjoyed it.

ciscoKID_VWF

agreed about Kane.  I wanna see what is in the bag, is he turning heel again,