News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Live Events

Started by Bryan, July 22, 2008, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Anyone ever been to a wrestling live event?

I did in May 2004; they were in Yuma, AZ and I had a good time. It was fun seeing everyone live, and I got some cool merch...I got an Undertaker t-shirt from it, but now i think it's all messed up :(

I remember the main event being Chris Benoit vs Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title...it was a pretty cool match, Benoit cracked a few jokes at HHH's expense after the match, too.

Anyone else have a fun wrestling event they've been to? Next time they're in San Diego I wanna go see a RAW or Smackdown taping. Or maybe even a PPV!

Kendell Smith

I went to see Smackdown in the RDS arena in Dublin in 2006 I think it was. The highlight was seeing Benoit and Taker. Apparantly I'm going to a TNA show in September when I go to Orlando.

Dave Johnson

Have been to at least 6, latest one was in June.

They are ALWAYS awesome to watch live, and they only come once or twice every year and it is sweet as!!

JessiB

i've been to them too

about 8 times lol

2 ppvs (royal rumble 2004 and survivor series 2008), 1 raw, 1 smackdown without ecw, 1 smackdown/ecw...the rest are house shows

my sign for the rumble was shown on tv, but didn't make the dvd

i was on tv the last 1 (which was sd/ecw)...i was shown on sd, but forgot to tape it...lol
and at that taping, cm punk acknowledged my sign :)

whenever they come to phila, i go

Brandon

Bryan, you're from the AZ too? Cool deal.
I've been to Judgment Day a few years ago. One SD! house show few years ago, one live Raw with Benoit / Michaels for the WHT as the main event (this was televised) and a SmackDown! that was on TV (way before ECW).

Bryan

well, not really. yuma is about an hour and a half drive from where i'm from in california. it's the closest a live event's been though in my area.

Brandon

JaceGryphon

When I was 5 my dad took me to a WWF house show in Hershey.  It was pretty cool, especially when you're a 5-year-old kid.  I got to slap Lex Luger on the shoulder, and bought a Tatanka tomahawk.

This Sunday they're doing a house show here in Altoona, and I'm going to be there.  God I hope Kane is there, cuz my seat is right near the stage and when that Pyro goes off...or don't they use pyro at house shows?  DAMN!

They've taped several RAW's up in State College and I haven't been able to go before, but if they come again, guaranteed I'll be there.

Duckman

Went to Rebellion in Manchester back in 2001 (i think).

Main Event was The Rock vs Austin.  Just awesome match with both guys staying on for at least 45 mins after the match and doing loads of comedy and singing and stupid shit.  A lot of fun.

Edge vs Christian in a cage was also a highlight.

As was Angle vs i think Jericho or it might have been someone else.

We were miles away from the ring, but right at the top of the arena so had a cool view.  Big Show still looked huge.  Kane's pyro was intense!

Oh and Paul Heyman and JR got monster crowd pops when they came out!

Cool night all round.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

I went to a Raw LIVE event here in Halifax in 04', when I still watched wrestling, and I only can remember how fucking hot Trish Stratus looks in person, and how I heckled non-stop the Hurricane for fifteen minutes (I was in the 10th row-ish).

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Been to two Raws , two SD  and WWE Live event ...never a PPV I hope to get to one soon. 

saw one of the first times Vince got stunned by stone cold.  Xpac on top of the Cage when it came down from the ceiling,  I was in Mankind opening for the Empty Arena Brawl against the Rock.  Mankind comes pulling up in a beat up car hitching a ride.  I one of the people screaming his name on a balcony looing down.  Saw Brock first match , a dark match against Saturn ... Brock is huge up close.  , Gail Kim first dark match saw that...WWE screw up leting her go   live can be fun
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

chunkylover

I've been to a really good Indie Event and that's it...

It was Universal Uproar in 2005.

I saw Kenta Kobashi, KENTA, Mick Foley, Steve Corino.

It was a truly momumentous card.

Excaligore

Saw Raw once in Omaha. Two house shows in Lincoln.

2/3 of them sucked. Raw was the worst. The first house show was pretty damn good though.

TaNK

Went to a Smackdown! event a few years ago, met Finlay and The Undertaker.. good people. I was alot bigger than Finlay ;)