Discon Inferno Is Not An Am. Drag Fan (AKA Disco Inferno Is A Clownshoe Pt. IV)

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, July 23, 2008, 06:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

For those who have followed the previous attempts of one Mr. Glen Gilberti AKA Disco Inferno to defend the 'logic' and 'drawing power' of the current TNA product and the iMPACT! television show, no doubt by know you are familiar with his nonsensical and illogical rantings and ravings, blatant brown-nosing to his booking mentor, Vince Russo, and just down and out attempt to seem 'smart to the business' and generally coming off as a complete snobbish fucktard who hasn't got a clue in the process.

In the latest attempt to share his 'valuable insights' into the professional wrestling industry, he has decided to target Ring of Honor mainstay and indy darling, 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson. So, let's hear what the 'expert' has to say, shall we?

Quote from: 'Disco Inferno'"i read a few weeks ago on one of the sites that the "best wrestler in the business" had a dark match with the wwe. so i rohvideos.comd this guy and checked him out. no offense to him, but i didn't think he was the "best wrestler in the business" from what i saw. he was decent for the style that he worked, but unfortunately that style caters to a very small niche audience. here's a few of the problems.

most people watch professional wrestling because it's professional wrestling. i would profess that there is zero chance that you're going to draw from the mma crowd by doing fake mma. i think most mma fans would be more entertained by the disco inferno vs. the honkytonk man, because at least they know they're watching a pro wrestling match and not some hybrid ridiculous let's do the mma moves and pretend that the moves hurt and insult my intelligence style. wrestling fans pop more for mr. socko and the people's elbow than they would for a fake guillotine choke hold.

the guy needs a gimmick. i'm sorry, but you can't sell a plain joe to fans that want sports entertainment.

also, for as good as everyone says this guy is, tna has at least ten guys better. evrybody puts over these roh matches like they're the greatest thing ever, but if you put aj and christian cage against the motor city machine guns for 25 minutes, and told them that you needed at least four stars, i'd bet my life that it would be better than anything roh has ever put out. once guys like aj and the mcmg's got out of roh, look how much better they got. there's something to say about the art of selling, which isn't really being taught to the up 'n comers. it makes matches so much more dramatic. it's what causes the fans to suspend the disbelief to a higher level, because now they become emotionally involved subconsciously when a wrestler can convey suffering and despair to them. i really should open a school someday and teach people how to work. i actually managed to make a pretty good name for myself by dancing around like some schmuck pretending to be john travolta for the past fifteen years. i think i know what i'm doing."

And the rest of this discussion, I leave to you.

I know Sam especially is gonna love this one.

Tremere

i wonder if anybody told him that Motor City Guns and Aj Styles are all ROH products. What a just bad post on Disco's part On the upperside im totally with the Inferno Vs. Honkey Tonk match!

Duckman

There are many reasons why TNA sucks balls.  Disco Inferno being one of the agents/creative team members is a big reason for it.

First off, the guy never drew any money, ever.  He was a side show comedy act at his best.  At his worst he was a fucking embarrassment to watch and would actually make me cringe when he appeared on TV, especially during the early days of TNA when they tried to push him as some sort of star, when he had neither the charisma, or the in-ring skills to carry it off.

Secondly for someone who has been in the business for as long as he has, he seems to know little to nothing about it.  Here’s my problem with his whole argument.  Ring of Honour is not sports entertainment.  It’s PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.

ROH is a throw back to promotions where what happens in the ring is more important than what happens in vignettes and interviews.  Most, if not all, of the big angles they run take place in the ring, come about as a result of a match and are always booked in a way that has fantastic logic and good, strong plotting.  It is not trying to be WWE as TNA is.  It’s doing something completely different from these two promotions.

The only real ‘sports entertainment’ element that ROH has is Sweet and Sour Incorporated, a stable run by ‘super agent’ Larry Sweeny who’s gimmick is signing ROH talent to his group, make them stars in ROH and then sell them off to WWE so he can make big money.

So to compare Disco Inferno vs Honky Tonk Man to ANYTHING in ROH is just pointless because they are two completely different animals.

I’ll get to Bryan Danielson in a minute but I also just want to point out the stupidity of Disco here.  Didn’t TNA just promote a huge match between Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe at Lockdown, for their biggest Title?  Wasn’t winning this match the whole basis for Joe being the top man in TNA?  And didn’t that match have large portions of MMA mixed into it?  Oh that’s right, it did!  I watched that match and it was fucking superb.

So it’s ok for TNA to do that, but not ok for Danielson and ROH?  Ok Disco, that makes a ton of sense.  Here’s what I don’t get, wrestling always evolves.  It has to change with the times so it doesn’t get left behind.  There is no doubt that MMA is becoming a bigger influence on wrestling, but that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden sports entertainment is going to go all MMA.  It’s all about using those influences in the right place, at the right time and with the right workers.

Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, The Undertaker, are just some of the top ‘sports entertainers’ who are using MMA influences in their matches.  Taz did it years before in ECW.  They all seem to be doing quite well using those moves and holds in their matches.  I don’t see fans turning away from them because they’re dropping pieces of MMA into their offence.

The fact is, everyone knows wrestling is worked.  If someone starts doing MMA, or Judo, or hell even boxing, we know it’s not REAL, but we can appreciate the skills and the ‘story telling’ that goes in to using those moves.

As for Danielson.  The guy called himself ‘the best wrestler in the world’ as a heel champion to get heat.  He’s now turned face and the fans keep calling him that.  There’s a reason for that.  Danielson is the new generation of wrestlers, just like Joe and just like Punk.  He’s a student of the game, has been for years, but he knows that people don’t want cartoon characters anymore, especially not in ROH.  That isn’t to say that if he went to WWE he wouldn’t add some sports entertainment elements to his character.

To say he doesn’t have a gimmick is complete bullshit.  So he’s not dancing like a twat or pretending to be Elvis, that means he doesn’t have a gimmick?  He’s the best wrestler in the world.  THAT’S HIS FUCKING GIMMICK DUMB ASS.  He can out wrestle any wrestler in the world.  You want a brawl, he can do it.  You want a technical match, he can do it.  That’s the gimmick.

As for the comment about selling and what not the guy does have a point.  There is a lack of selling in a lot of young wrestlers coming up.  But they’re just that, young and coming up, I’m sure Disco was the finished article after a year in the business!  Fucking idiot.

The stuff about guys going to TNA and then being better has nothing to do with TNA teaching them how to sell.  It’s because they’ve been on TV, learnt how to carry themselves like stars and then gone back to the Indy’s and stood out.  Anyway, I just watched MCMG vs Age of the Fall and then again against The Briscoes in ROH and both matches blew anything MCMG have done in TNA.  They were allowed to work without limits on them from agents like Disco and simply blew the fans away with the work, their selling and the way they put together a match.

You think Danielson doesn’t have ‘it’?  Go and watch any of his matches vs Morishima in ROH or McGuiness or KENTA or Joe or Homicide, or his entire 15 month ROH World Title run.  He has charisma, he can work, he can sell and he can talk.  All a hundred times better than Disco ever did.

Disco is a fucking moron and he should stick to coming up with crap gimmick matches for EVERY TNA match and leave professional wrestling to people who are still actually doing it, like Danielson and ROH.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Duckman on July 26, 2008, 10:35:30 AM
There are many reasons why TNA sucks balls.  Disco Inferno being one of the agents/creative team members is a big reason for it.

First off, the guy never drew any money, ever.  He was a side show comedy act at his best.  At his worst he was a fucking embarrassment to watch and would actually make me cringe when he appeared on TV, especially during the early days of TNA when they tried to push him as some sort of star, when he had neither the charisma, or the in-ring skills to carry it off.

Secondly for someone who has been in the business for as long as he has, he seems to know little to nothing about it.  Here’s my problem with his whole argument.  Ring of Honour is not sports entertainment.  It’s PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.

ROH is a throw back to promotions where what happens in the ring is more important than what happens in vignettes and interviews.  Most, if not all, of the big angles they run take place in the ring, come about as a result of a match and are always booked in a way that has fantastic logic and good, strong plotting.  It is not trying to be WWE as TNA is.  It’s doing something completely different from these two promotions.

The only real ‘sports entertainment’ element that ROH has is Sweet and Sour Incorporated, a stable run by ‘super agent’ Larry Sweeny who’s gimmick is signing ROH talent to his group, make them stars in ROH and then sell them off to WWE so he can make big money.

So to compare Disco Inferno vs Honky Tonk Man to ANYTHING in ROH is just pointless because they are two completely different animals.

I’ll get to Bryan Danielson in a minute but I also just want to point out the stupidity of Disco here.  Didn’t TNA just promote a huge match between Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe at Lockdown, for their biggest Title?  Wasn’t winning this match the whole basis for Joe being the top man in TNA?  And didn’t that match have large portions of MMA mixed into it?  Oh that’s right, it did!  I watched that match and it was fucking superb.

So it’s ok for TNA to do that, but not ok for Danielson and ROH?  Ok Disco, that makes a ton of sense.  Here’s what I don’t get, wrestling always evolves.  It has to change with the times so it doesn’t get left behind.  There is no doubt that MMA is becoming a bigger influence on wrestling, but that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden sports entertainment is going to go all MMA.  It’s all about using those influences in the right place, at the right time and with the right workers.

Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, The Undertaker, are just some of the top ‘sports entertainers’ who are using MMA influences in their matches.  Taz did it years before in ECW.  They all seem to be doing quite well using those moves and holds in their matches.  I don’t see fans turning away from them because they’re dropping pieces of MMA into their offence.

The fact is, everyone knows wrestling is worked.  If someone starts doing MMA, or Judo, or hell even boxing, we know it’s not REAL, but we can appreciate the skills and the ‘story telling’ that goes in to using those moves.

As for Danielson.  The guy called himself ‘the best wrestler in the world’ as a heel champion to get heat.  He’s now turned face and the fans keep calling him that.  There’s a reason for that.  Danielson is the new generation of wrestlers, just like Joe and just like Punk.  He’s a student of the game, has been for years, but he knows that people don’t want cartoon characters anymore, especially not in ROH.  That isn’t to say that if he went to WWE he wouldn’t add some sports entertainment elements to his character.

To say he doesn’t have a gimmick is complete bullshit.  So he’s not dancing like a twat or pretending to be Elvis, that means he doesn’t have a gimmick?  He’s the best wrestler in the world.  THAT’S HIS FUCKING GIMMICK DUMB ASS.  He can out wrestle any wrestler in the world.  You want a brawl, he can do it.  You want a technical match, he can do it.  That’s the gimmick.

As for the comment about selling and what not the guy does have a point.  There is a lack of selling in a lot of young wrestlers coming up.  But they’re just that, young and coming up, I’m sure Disco was the finished article after a year in the business!  Fucking idiot.

The stuff about guys going to TNA and then being better has nothing to do with TNA teaching them how to sell.  It’s because they’ve been on TV, learnt how to carry themselves like stars and then gone back to the Indy’s and stood out.  Anyway, I just watched MCMG vs Age of the Fall and then again against The Briscoes in ROH and both matches blew anything MCMG have done in TNA.  They were allowed to work without limits on them from agents like Disco and simply blew the fans away with the work, their selling and the way they put together a match.

You think Danielson doesn’t have ‘it’?  Go and watch any of his matches vs Morishima in ROH or McGuiness or KENTA or Joe or Homicide, or his entire 15 month ROH World Title run.  He has charisma, he can work, he can sell and he can talk.  All a hundred times better than Disco ever did.

Disco is a fucking moron and he should stick to coming up with crap gimmick matches for EVERY TNA match and leave professional wrestling to people who are still actually doing it, like Danielson and ROH.

Peace

Duckman

Duckman, you're my hero.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

MitchMMA

Disco is a douchebag

I am an MMA fan and I love to see guys like Danielson and Joe wrestle. Why the fuck would I want to see two dudes acting like Elvis wrestle instead of a 5 star match with a guy like American Dragon? Disco needs to get off his high horse, "gee I should open a school and teach these kids a thing or two", what's he gonna teach them, how to be a douchebag? Fucking idiot Disco.