News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

ROH Death Before Dishonour 6 Full Card.

Started by Duckman, July 29, 2008, 09:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From ROHwrestling.com:

The Hammerstein Ballroom for Ring Of Honor is the place to be. It is that simple. If you were at "A New Level" or saw the DVD you know what we mean. This Saturday will continue that tradition when ROH presents "Death Before Dishonor VI" at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NY. You can now save $5 on all tickets at ROHwrestling.com.

The complete lineup is set and there will not be a slow moment from the opening match to the main event. Here is a preview of ROH's return to the electric atmosphere of the Hammerstein Ballroom:

ROH World Title Four Way Elimination Match
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli

This one has a lot of complex issues. It is Tyler Black's first opportunity at the World Title since his breakout bout at the "Take No Prisoners" PPV. Is he really the future of ROH? Some feel that it is inevitable that Bryan Danielson becomes ROH World Champion again. Will Danielson take what many feel is his rightful spot on top of ROH again? ROH officials decided to give Claudio Castagnoli one last shot at the belt. Castagnoli threatened to walk out of ROH if he did not win the title last weekend. He came so close that even Nigel McGuinness paid him a compliment after the match. Now he will receive his final opportunity at the belt. Could this be his last hurrah? This is definitely the toughest bout of Nigel McGuinness' title reign as he faces three top challengers in this unpredictable match!!!

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce with Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Shane Hagadorn & Bobby Dempsey vs. Brent Albright

ROH's premiere event in the Hammerstein Ballroom saw Brent Albright finally have enough of Larry Sweeney and Sweet & Sour Inc. as he turned on the group to bring the NYC fans to their feet. However, Pearce turned the violence level up by throwing a fireball in Albright's face a few weeks ago in Chicago. Now the NWA World Heavyweight Title will be on the line in NYC when these two collide in their first singles match in ROH.

Dream Tag Team Match
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin

You have two of the most innovative, skilled and exciting tag teams in the world here. They each want to move into contention for the ROH World Tag Team Titles. This will be tag team wrestling at its finest. Who will win this rare match up?

Three-Way Match
Austin Aries vs. The Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Jacobs couldn't have agreed to this match faster. He feels he will have a handicap situation as Necro will team with him to beatdown Aries. Meanwhile, Aries said "yes" to this bout even quicker than Jacobs. He thinks this will be the situation where he finally gets Necro to leave Age Of The Fall. However, some in the ROH office feel that Necro will just say the hell with both Jacobs and Aries and fight on his own. Where does Necro stand in this blood feud?

NOAH Special Attraction Match
Go Shiozaki vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Two of NOAH's finest will put on a pro wrestling exhibition in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Can Shiozaki score a major win for his NOAH career? Will Marufuji move into World Title contention?

Special Challenge Match
Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards

Larry Sweeney is sending Eddie Edwards to put a beating on Roderick Strong while Strong wants to get his hands on Sweeney. This is the biggest match of Edwards' ROH career. This could be the sleeper on the card.

Bonus Match
Delirious vs. Chris Hero

Delirious pinned Hero in the Tag Team Scramble in ROH's Hammerstein debut. Now Hero wants to even the score. This one will be very competitive.

Tag Team Challenge Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus

Mark Briscoe returned to action last weekend from his wrist injury and now The Briscoes want to get into ROH World Tag Team Title contention so they can get their shot at revenge against The Age Of The Fall. Jigsaw & Ruckus are close to breaking through on the tag team front. Get ready for some action here!!!

God damn it I can't wait for this show to come out on DVD.  The first show from the Hammerstein was just insane with the atmosphere rivalling that of the One Night Stand shows and other ECW shows that used to run at the Hammerstein.

The card for DBD 6 is SO loaded.  The main event elimination match will be fantastic.  Steen/Generico vs Motor City Machine Guns?  That has money written all over.  I'm most looking forward to the 3 way match between Aries, Necro Butcher and Jimmy Jacobs.  The feud with Jacobs and Aries has been amazingly built (and something I'm going to document in a later article) and I get the feeling this match could be the official face turn of Necro.

It's good to see Mark Briscoe back in action after his bad wrist injury and with The Briscoes being SO over with the NYC fans they should get the night off to a hot start.

Man, I wish I lived near NYC, I'd be at this show in a heartbeat!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Smash INC

I'm not an indy mark by any means but fuck me that card is worth money.

Jonny Worldbeater

Nice lookin' card, but why the fuck Eddie Edwards is on it I've no idea. All I've seen from that guy is that he wears bush-league outfits and has braids in his hair, and that's about all the appeal he has.

Duckman

Yeah they're giving him a push as part of Sweet and Sour Inc, kind of like the new young enforcer type.

He could do with a bit of a make over to be honest though.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.