TNA star finishes his run with the company.

Started by Duckman, July 30, 2008, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From the members section of ProWrestling.net:

Tomko finished his run with TNA at Tuesday's taping. A well-placed source reports that the plan for his departure his been in the works for a while now. He has been upset because he felt that his TNA bookings were costing him more lucrative bookings in Japan.

Powell's POV: I guess this explains why Tomko hasn't been booked on recent pay-per-views and why he's lost so many matches lately. However, it doesn't explain why the company didn't capitalize on his departure by booking him in a "loser leaves TNA" match.

So what do you TNA fans make of that.  At one point a few months back I thought Tomko was going to be a real break out star for TNA (something they haven't been able to produce recently) but they seemed to blow it.

If he's going back to Japan that's probably the last we'll see of him until WWE no doubt brings him back in a year or so.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jonny Worldbeater

He's probably far better off for it. Probably make a good living working in Japan and continuing to team with A-Train/Giant Bernard

The Murph

Well in all fairness his not getting over had nothing to do with him. He has a different look for a big man. He really does stand out. He is limited, as most big men are, in wrestling ability. But he is somewhat ok with the mic and when not on it really does remind me of Kevin Nash in his Diesel days. This is just another situation of TNA failing to produce.

And yeah a nother gimmick match in TNA wouldn't have shocked me one bit lol.

Bryan

i think he was improving to be honest, especially during his tenure with AJ styles. but whatever, i think he'll do fine in Japan.

TaNK

Black Death

monty went to take care of his family. His sister children I believe... but he was another talent that tna wasted
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

I thought his feud with Sebastian Cross was golden!

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jonny Worldbeater

The thing with Tomko is, not too long ago he was the only character on iMPACT that didn't look like a clueless dipshit and that's what got him over, so then of course when the creative team realised that while they were trudged through the minefield of shitbombs that is the way they usually book that they'd somehow actually managed to get somebody over almost by accident, they had to go and immediately fuck it up.

Duckman

It's cause ass much boy Russo doesn't believe in heels and faces in wrestling.  That's why no one gets any real heat in TNA and no one ever gets properly over.

Tomko could've broken out like Batista did, but they fucked him. 

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

You know I just never ever rated Tomko as an in ring performer. I dont really see it as a loss for TNA to be honest. They did as much as they could with him.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jimmy Chisel

Tomko could've broken out, he has an understated charisma, he could've at least had a short main event run as a singles in TNA. I was dissapointed when they swerved and he turned heel again earlier in the year. I haven't watched TNA much since.

On the subject of Monty Brown, he made a return at a PCW show I think not long ago.