Marvel's Daredevil series now avaible on Netflix

Started by Chris Stern, April 10, 2015, 03:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

and so far having watched the first three episodes. God damn is it good I am actually hoping Marvel let's Netflix produce more Marvel series like maybe Ghost Rider, Powerman and the Iron Fist, whatever.

So anyone else watched the series yet?

Tezmission Black

I watched the first episode and it's pretty good so far.

Also Netflix will be producing the Defender series and the series leading up to it.

Marvel's Daredevil
Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Marvel's Luke Cage
Marvel's Iron Fist
Marvel's The Defenders

Fnord

I've added it to my list. Looking forward to knocking some episodes out this weekend! :D

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Tritch

Can't fucking wait to watch this. Though admittedly I'm one of the only people in the world who enjoyed Daredevil (i'm not saying it was a good movie, it was pretty fuckin shitty, but i enjoyed it lol)

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Tezmission Black on April 10, 2015, 03:22:33 PM
I watched the first episode and it's pretty good so far.

Also Netflix will be producing the Defender series and the series leading up to it.

Marvel's Daredevil
Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Marvel's Luke Cage
Marvel's Iron Fist
Marvel's The Defenders

Sweet! Netflix and Hulu have pretty much become my main sources for TV since anytime I can watch live TV there is nothing worth watching on it.

Quote from: Tritch on April 10, 2015, 03:27:18 PM
Can't fucking wait to watch this. Though admittedly I'm one of the only people in the world who enjoyed Daredevil (i'm not saying it was a good movie, it was pretty fuckin shitty, but i enjoyed it lol)

Hey I would be the last person to criticize one's taste in films I make no secret my taste in films range from the greats to the bottom of the barrel spoitation and crap, for example I actually like Manos: "Hands of fate"(widely considered the worst film of all time) and actually picking up the hd remastered blu ray.  Seriously though I never got the mind set that people have with "I like this or I hate that so everyone else must too" I mean it's one thing when you defending a point but it's another to just insult another likes and interests because they don't match up with yours.

Flins.

Watching this now, enjoying it so far! I have a slow weekend so this will likely get binge - watched.

Gravedigger

Quote from: Tritch on April 10, 2015, 03:27:18 PM

I liked the movie too.

Black Death

movie was not bad , few missteps here and there , overall it was decent , but could have been better done... think if it was done now  , I think it would turn out different

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2015, 10:29:40 PM
movie was not bad , few missteps here and there , overall it was decent , but could have been better done... think if it was done now  , I think it would turn out different

The big issue with the film at least from what I gathered was you had two parties that didn't want to do Daredevil as he was in the comics. The director wanted to make a Crow type film just with Daredevil instead of The Crow and the studio wanting Spiderman because Sam Rami's Spiderman was a big hit at the time and since both visions are not a good fit with Daredevil since he is basically a darker more layered Batman type charecter so you got what we got. At least from what I seen of the show so far Netflix knows how Daredevil needs to be portrayed, plus I like they did a origin story without doing a full origin story which was refreshing to see, they kick it off after the accident happened, showing you bits and pieces and allowing you to fill in the gaps and then through out the five or so episodes fill in the rest in short flashbacks  instead of doing the whole first episode covering the entire orgin/backstory. Seriously that is how at least in my opinion you should do a origin story. 

Black Death

Quote from: Chris Stern on April 10, 2015, 11:01:55 PM
The big issue with the film at least from what I gathered was you had two parties that didn't want to do Daredevil as he was in the comics. The director wanted to make a Crow type film just with Daredevil instead of The Crow and the studio wanting Spiderman because Sam Rami's Spiderman was a big hit at the time and since both visions are not a good fit with Daredevil since he is basically a darker more layered Batman type charecter so you got what we got. At least from what I seen of the show so far Netflix knows how Daredevil needs to be portrayed, plus I like they did a origin story without doing a full origin story which was refreshing to see, they kick it off after the accident happened, showing you bits and pieces and allowing you to fill in the gaps and then through out the five or so episodes fill in the rest in short flashbacks  instead of doing the whole first episode covering the entire orgin/backstory. Seriously that is how at least in my opinion you should do a origin story.

I agree with you  on that... I am a big daredevil fan and I approve of the way they handle  him in the series... love there choice for Fisk ... love it 

Black Death

oh ... the show runner work on Buffy and Angel ... yeah , this show got me hooked

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on April 11, 2015, 12:31:30 AM
I agree with you  on that... I am a big daredevil fan and I approve of the way they handle  him in the series... love there choice for Fisk ... love it

Well to be fair Vincent D'Onofrio is usually a damn good actor from his turn as the guy who goes nuts in Full Metal Jacket to Law and Order Criminal Intent. Hell check out the episode of Homicide Life on the Streets with him in it. He played a guy trapped under a Subway train for the whole episode and it was damn good. He was also entertaining as Edgar the bug in Men in Black.   

Black Death

Quote from: Chris Stern on April 11, 2015, 05:00:53 AM
Well to be fair Vincent D'Onofrio is usually a damn good actor from his turn as the guy who goes nuts in Full Metal Jacket to Law and Order Criminal Intent. Hell check out the episode of Homicide Life on the Streets with him in it. He played a guy trapped under a Subway train for the whole episode and it was damn good. He was also entertaining as Edgar the bug in Men in Black.

I know D'onofrio ,  I am huge fan of his work ... been fan since I saw him in Blood of Heroes ... it was  a great choice for kingpin

Scott Glenn as Stick ... brilliant 

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on April 11, 2015, 05:19:39 AM

I know D'onofrio ,  I am huge fan of his work ... been fan since I saw him in Blood of Heroes ... it was  a great choice for kingpin

Scott Glenn as Stick ... brilliant

Oh man, I haven't gotten to the episode with the Stick Flashback yet. Had to cut my binge watching short since I had to be up for work today at 4:30.. stupid ass backward work schedule, seriously how can any company think it's a smart thing to have your employee work 5 pm to 1 am during the week and then work 6 am on the weekend.. still better then my supervisor he had to work 3-11pm last night and has to come in at 6 am today at least I had the last two days off so..

Anyway getting off track.. I defiantly have to pick up where I left off later today.