Marvel's Daredevil series now avaible on Netflix

Started by Chris Stern, April 10, 2015, 03:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Chris Stern on April 11, 2015, 05:30:26 AM
Oh man, I haven't gotten to the episode with the Stick Flashback yet. Had to cut my binge watching short since I had to be up for work today at 4:30.. stupid ass backward work schedule, seriously how can any company think it's a smart thing to have your employee work 5 pm to 1 am during the week and then work 6 am on the weekend.. still better then my supervisor he had to work 3-11pm last night and has to come in at 6 am today at least I had the last two days off so..

Anyway getting off track.. I defiantly have to pick up where I left off later today.

suck bro... yeah you are going to like it
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

I've skipped most this topic as I'm only 5 episodes in but I love it. Its so gritty, dark and real. You can be forgiven for forgetting that this is a supernatural hero series based on a comic. It feels great. And the Rent fan in me is delighted to see Rosario Dawson again.

Another Netflix winner.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

Quote from: Rob on April 12, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
I've skipped most this topic as I'm only 5 episodes in but I love it. Its so gritty, dark and real. You can be forgiven for forgetting that this is a supernatural hero series based on a comic. It feels great. And the Rent fan in me is delighted to see Rosario Dawson again.

Another Netflix winner.

It always exciting to see rosario Dawson. ..glad to hear you like it rob

Alex Smiley

On a scale of 1 to Ben Affleck, how would you rate the series so far?

I'm currently dealing with a less than stellar net connection, but I'm definitely hoping to catch this show soon.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Alex Smiley on April 12, 2015, 10:31:01 PM
On a scale of 1 to Ben Affleck, how would you rate the series so far?

I'm currently dealing with a less than stellar net connection, but I'm definitely hoping to catch this show soon.

wait 1 to Ben Affleck? why are you using a scale of 1 to 0 Alex?

But already nearing the last four episodes and it's excellent, the only downside is it's going to be a while before we get Season 2...

Black Death

Duckman

This show is so great.  Only two episodes in and I already love it.  Lead guy is fantastic in the role.  The look and feel of it is great.  Fight scenes are intense and gritty.  The script is sharp too and interesting.

A real must watch folks!  Netflix keeps delivering excellent shows and I hear they've got plenty more coming down the line. 
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Duckman on April 17, 2015, 03:42:02 AM
This show is so great.  Only two episodes in and I already love it.  Lead guy is fantastic in the role.  The look and feel of it is great.  Fight scenes are intense and gritty.  The script is sharp too and interesting.

A real must watch folks!  Netflix keeps delivering excellent shows and I hear they've got plenty more coming down the line.

Oh just wait till Vincent D'onofrio comes in as Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin, he kills it. I know some obsessive geeks/nerds bitch that his Wilson Fisk is too how shall we say..vulnerable,  but like always they never look at the context. This is the first of hopefully many seasons and most of it is setting up and building the characters and the world they live in but it's also showing us Matt Murdock(seriously why do the majority of Marvel characters have the same first and last letters in their name? Matt Murdock, Peter Parker, Wade Willson, Bruce Banner, Susan Storm, Reed Richards, and worst of all James Jonah Jameson)  becomes the Daredevil we all know, well at least the Frank Miller era Daredevil, as well as showing the parallel story of Wilson Fisk becoming his greatest advisory the Kingpin, I still haven't finished the first 13 episodes yet but where I am know he is gone from the troubled, awkward but criminal genius guy he is in the first few episodes to more like the Kingpin in the comics. To me this was a brilliant move since it shows two men both with the same intentions of making their city a better place but with two completely different approaches based on their personalities and backstories,I especially  like it since it feels Matt's attempts to pin down Fisk and drag him "kicking and screaming" into the public light to expose him was ultimately helped turn him into the man we end up knowing as the Kingpin.

Also hoping that we get either Daredevil or the entire Defenders(Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Luke Cage) in Civil War.  I would geek out hardcore if we get to see them along with the new Spiderman on the big screen in the first of the two big marvel events(second being Avengers: Infinity War)

Alex Smiley

Stern, I love that nearly every sentence you write comes with a 2-3 sentence tangent or other side note. I appreciate it, honestly.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Cory

4eps in and very solid show, coming from someone who isnt in to Marvel really

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Duckman

Finished the whole series in 3 days.  Loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  I don't know a great deal about the Daredevil comic, so I was coming at this without any knowledge, other than the Ben Affleck movie which I didn't like.

This was pitch perfect to me.  Great casting, excellent script and some of the best fight scenes I've seen on TV in some time!

I've heard they've already commissioned a second season - can't wait for that either!

Another hit by Netflix to go along with House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and I hear they've got a new season of Arrested Development coming soon too!  Well worth £5 a month.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

Quote from: Chris Stern on April 17, 2015, 12:33:53 PM
Oh just wait till Vincent D'onofrio comes in as Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin, he kills it. I know some obsessive geeks/nerds bitch that his Wilson Fisk is too how shall we say..vulnerable,  but like always they never look at the context. This is the first of hopefully many seasons and most of it is setting up and building the characters and the world they live in but it's also showing us Matt Murdock (seriously why do the majority of Marvel characters have the same first and last letters in their name? Matt Murdock, Peter Parker, Wade Willson, Bruce Banner, Susan Storm, Reed Richards, and worst of all James Jonah Jameson)  becomes the Daredevil we all know, well at least the Frank Miller era Daredevil, as well as showing the parallel story of Wilson Fisk becoming his greatest advisory the Kingpin, I still haven't finished the first 13 episodes yet but where I am know he is gone from the troubled, awkward but criminal genius guy he is in the first few episodes to more like the Kingpin in the comics. To me this was a brilliant move since it shows two men both with the same intentions of making their city a better place but with two completely different approaches based on their personalities and backstories,I especially  like it since it feels Matt's attempts to pin down Fisk and drag him "kicking and screaming" into the public light to expose him was ultimately helped turn him into the man we end up knowing as the Kingpin.

Also hoping that we get either Daredevil or the entire Defenders(Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Luke Cage) in Civil War.  I would geek out hardcore if we get to see them along with the new Spiderman on the big screen in the first of the two big marvel events(second being Avengers: Infinity War)

Stan Lee used alliteration to help him remember names, as he was creating so many characters with Jack Kirby/Steve Ditko, it was hard for him to keep track.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Marq on April 24, 2015, 10:54:54 AM
Stan Lee used alliteration to help him remember names, as he was creating so many characters with Jack Kirby/Steve Ditko, it was hard for him to keep track.

Makes sense.

Domingo

Finally finished the season, have to say this show was freaking awesome and D'onofrio did a freaking excellent job.

Cory

Quote from: Domingo on April 29, 2015, 02:27:49 AM
Finally finished the season, have to say this show was freaking awesome and D'onofrio did a freaking excellent job.

yup just finished it this morning, cant wait for season 2

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE