News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shields

The Jungle Book - For anyone who was a fan of the original animated movie, you will not be disappointed with this one. if you never saw the animated one, there's still a good chance you'll like this one. They didn't change up the story to drastically or add an hour of random bullshit. It's just under 2 hours, and they even kept the songs in. The kid who played Mowgli did a really good job, and the voice acting is top notch. The movie is very good from a visual standpoint, and the different animals look fantastic. This is one of those that both adults and kids can enjoy. There might be a few moments that will freak some kids out, but I would say it's up to your judgement as a parent if you think your kid can handle some of the fights in the movie. I personally really enjoyed this one, and it's getting a 4 out of 5 from me.

Chris Shields

Captain America: Civil War - Damn this was a good movie. If you liked the last 2 Captain America movies, the Avengers movies, the Iron Man movies, etc. you will like this one. I wasn't so sure how it would work with all the different characters in this movie, but they did a great job of giving everyone time, but not letting some of the "fringe" characters overshadow the main focus. Ant-Man, Spiderman, Hawkeye and War Machine aren't big parts of the movie, but the little bit that they're in the movie is fantastic and they do really well. I'm excited for the Ant-Man sequel as well as the Spiderman movie and Black Panther. The story does differ a bit from the comics (which I admittedly didn't read much of, so it didn't bother me.) Everything was done really well, the story was solid and made sense, and it will be very interesting to see how things play out in both the individual movies as well as the next Avengers movie. This is one of those where it's better if you've seen the previous Captain America movies and The Avengers movies, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it was completely necessary to have seen those. I think that's a big point in it's favor. It works well both as a stand alone film and as another entry in the massive volume of Marvel movies. I'm giving this one a 5 out of 5.

Black Death

Quote from: Chris Shields on May 14, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
Captain America: Civil War - Damn this was a good movie. If you liked the last 2 Captain America movies, the Avengers movies, the Iron Man movies, etc. you will like this one. I wasn't so sure how it would work with all the different characters in this movie, but they did a great job of giving everyone time, but not letting some of the "fringe" characters overshadow the main focus. Ant-Man, Spiderman, Hawkeye and War Machine aren't big parts of the movie, but the little bit that they're in the movie is fantastic and they do really well. I'm excited for the Ant-Man sequel as well as the Spiderman movie and Black Panther. The story does differ a bit from the comics (which I admittedly didn't read much of, so it didn't bother me.) Everything was done really well, the story was solid and made sense, and it will be very interesting to see how things play out in both the individual movies as well as the next Avengers movie. This is one of those where it's better if you've seen the previous Captain America movies and The Avengers movies, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it was completely necessary to have seen those. I think that's a big point in it's favor. It works well both as a stand alone film and as another entry in the massive volume of Marvel movies. I'm giving this one a 5 out of 5.

Agree with this , great movie ... had a great time watching it and did it job left me wanting to see more. More of Spiderman , more Black Panther , more of everything.   Leave it marvel to finally get spiderman right.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gates

Quote from: Black Death on May 15, 2016, 11:22:59 PM
Agree with this , great movie ... had a great time watching it and did it job left me wanting to see more. More of Spiderman , more Black Panther , more of everything.   Leave it marvel to finally get spiderman right.

I'll echo the above two posts. Hell, I was looking forward to Civil War when Age of Ultron was coming out, and it didn't disappoint me. I like the humorous tones and how they didn't overpower the movie and make it feel like a comedy. I like how they portrayed Spider Man and feel that he could actually be a good Spider Man in his own movie. And yes, it got me looking forward to Black Panther, after not really knowing much about it. I've never read the comics so I have nothing to compare any of these movies to, but so far I've enjoyed a lot of them.

Cory

The Do-Over: Was expecting this to be a trash Adam Sandler 'straight to Netlifx' movie with David Spade, but honestly enjoyed this movie. I watched it with the woman kinda half in the bag but it was a good mix of funny with decent story telling. 3/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Chris Shields

X-Men: Apocalypse - Another really good comic book movie, and that's nice after how disappointed I was with Batman Vs. Superman (Yes I know that was DC and this and Civil War are Marvel, and they're different companies). With a near 2 and a half hour run time, I always get a little worried that there's gonna be a major mid movie lull, but there wasn't. It's a bit of a slow build to Apocalypse's final plan, but there's some solid action bits in between and they do a really good job of introducing the new additions while keeping up with the ones from previous movies (minus Psylocke who doesn't say or do much apart from the final fight.) I liked that they didn't overdo things with Wolverine as well. First Class they showed that they didn't have to have him, DOFP became the Wolverine Show, but this was back to what it should have been, the true launch of the X-Men that most people really know. Acting was solid throughout (Evan Peters steals the damn show again with his version of Quiksilver), story wasn't overly complicated or ridiculous, but wasn't simple and stupid either. This was a fun and entertaining movie and almost everything I was hoping for in an Apocalypse movie. I'm giving this one a 4 out of 5.

Chris Shields

Warcraft - So first things first, this is a Warcraft movie, not a World of Warcraft movie, so don't expect to see Thrall (well fully gown at least, little baby Thrall is awesome) or Sylvanas or Varian (again, not fully gown) or any of those characters. That out of the way, I really enjoyed this movie, and they told a good story using a lot of the lore that's there for them to us. The CGI characters look good and the acting is really solid. I went in to this without overly high expectations and I left very happy. If you go in expecting a trainwreck, you'll probably leave it ecstatic. If you go in expecting a masterpiece, you'll probably leave disappointed. However, if you're a Warcraft fan, you will most likely be entertained and enjoy seeing some characters that you've heard about and seen in pixel form, brought to life on the big screen. For me personally, I'm gonna give it a 4 out of 5.

Black Death

Central Intelligence -  went to see this Saturday with my buddy.  I enjoy it a lot , Rock and Kevin Hart have great chemistry and it show on screen. I know Buddy comedy are not everyone cup of tea.  it was a fun time that had me laughing hard throughout the movie. if you are expecting a movie classic , don't go , but if you want to have enjoyable 90 mins of your time , I would say check it out.  turn your brain off and laugh

Cory

Conjuring 2, not as good as the first for me and out of the 4 people I went with I was the only one who didnt think it was that good. Sometimes you fall for the "Based on a True Story" bit and get away with some stretching the truth to make it a better movie, and in this there was like actual monsters and shit.

Jon

If you guys get a chance to watch OJ: Made in America.... I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a phenomenal documentary, albeit long, it flowed so well and you can watch it in parts (5 to be exact). Gives a great insight into the type of person OJ is and how the murder case was won. I came out learning a lot of things I didn't know about it nor him. I was only 8 years old when the case happened and although I remember it happening, I don't really remember caring too much about it. It was a larger than life event though in America.   

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Just need to watch the 5th part, but fully agree. I like it much more because we're just coming off the American Crime Story: OJ Simpson.

Chris Shields

Ghostbusters: I went into this remake/reboot/trainwreck waiting to happen, with pretty low expectations, and it lived up to them. I think I laughed maybe a handful of times throughout the entire move. Honestly the only thing this has over the original, is the effects with the different ghosts and the various weapons. There are some cool visuals with the different ghosts, especially in the final fight, but I saw the movie at around noon, and here at 9, I can't remember a single good joke from the damn thing. I'm glad that the tickets were cheap and it was in a theater where I could drink, let's just say that. This one's getting a 2 out of 5 from me.

Flins.

Steve Carell is sooo good in that movie. Two Oscar season movies in a row that he has nailed.

Cory

Having Margot Robbie explain bonds was fantastic.

Black Death

Suicide Squad - Good movie , I like it better than I like BvsS. Margot Robbie knocks it out of the park as Harley Quinn. Will Smith a great job as Deadshot . Good Comedy , great action ,  It was a fun movie to watch and help set up dc movie universe pretty good .  Leto as Joker was ok , it was a different take , but he did a fine job with it. he was heavy on the air of unpredictability of the Joker .  Killer Croc awesome ,  El Diablo  awesome ...  I recommend you check it out , don't have to be DC comic fan to like this movie .