News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

Jason Bourne: Saw it opening weeked. Solid movie, nothing overly special. Should be entertaining to fans of the franchise. Damon did a good job as Bourne once again, but the story wasn't the best.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Justin

The Big Short

--Being someone who has an active interest in the economy, stock market, and the like this was a very good movie that did a good job of breaking down some very complex financial models to a point where most people could understand them.  THe overall acting and the movie itself was good and I enjoyed watching.

Concussion

--I thoroughly enjoyed this movie from beginning to end and thought Will Smith did a masterful job. 

Chris Shields

Suicide Squad - Well, I liked this one better than Batman Vs. Superman, but that's not exactly saying that much. Margot Robbie and Will Smith did good in their roles. Violla Davis played Amanda Waller to absolute perfection. The rest of the cast, I didn't really care much about them in any way. Katana was a completely pointless character, Killer Croc was just kind of there, El Diablo's story about losing control, should have been done much earlier. Captain Boomerang wasn't anything special, Rick Flagg kind of sucked, and The Enchantress/June Moon, I didn't care for her at all, probably because all I can see with the actress they had playing her, is those fucking eyebrows. Jared Leto was the single worst Joker I have ever seen. Jared Leto is to The Joker, what George fucking Clooney is to Batman. The plot was kind of dumb, and the villain's were shit. Action scenes were really good, and that's where this gets some points from me. I'm giving this one a 3 out of 5, but almost feel like I'm being a little generous. My verdict, unless you're just a huge DC fan, wait and Netflix this one.

Gates

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 14, 2016, 09:41:37 PM
Suicide Squad - Well, I liked this one better than Batman Vs. Superman, but that's not exactly saying that much. Margot Robbie and Will Smith did good in their roles. Violla Davis played Amanda Waller to absolute perfection. The rest of the cast, I didn't really care much about them in any way. Katana was a completely pointless character, Killer Croc was just kind of there, El Diablo's story about losing control, should have been done much earlier. Captain Boomerang wasn't anything special, Rick Flagg kind of sucked, and The Enchantress/June Moon, I didn't care for her at all, probably because all I can see with the actress they had playing her, is those fucking eyebrows. Jared Leto was the single worst Joker I have ever seen. Jared Leto is to The Joker, what George fucking Clooney is to Batman. The plot was kind of dumb, and the villain's were shit. Action scenes were really good, and that's where this gets some points from me. I'm giving this one a 3 out of 5, but almost feel like I'm being a little generous. My verdict, unless you're just a huge DC fan, wait and Netflix this one.

I'd have to agree. The action scenes were pretty good and Robbie, Smith and Davis were the standouts acting wise. The rest were just there it seemed. I guess at least El Diablo and Killer Croc played a decent role in things, but Boomerang and Katana didn't seem to do much that I remember...like if you took them out completely, would much have been different? It's not a terrible movie but not the best movie as far as "super hero" movies go.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Gates on August 14, 2016, 09:55:54 PM
I'd have to agree. The action scenes were pretty good and Robbie, Smith and Davis were the standouts acting wise. The rest were just there it seemed. I guess at least El Diablo and Killer Croc played a decent role in things, but Boomerang and Katana didn't seem to do much that I remember...like if you took them out completely, would much have been different? It's not a terrible movie but not the best movie as far as "super hero" movies go.
Yea, but it dropped my faith in DC, that much more. At this point, I'm not gonna pay to see their movies, because it feels like a bit of a waste to me. They're not terrible, but they're not especially good either. I left this and Batman Vs. Superman, feeling like I'd just given up part of my life, and gotten absolutely nothing. It was like buying a hooker, then she stops and walks away right before you get off.

Gates

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 14, 2016, 10:54:09 PM
Yea, but it dropped my faith in DC, that much more. At this point, I'm not gonna pay to see their movies, because it feels like a bit of a waste to me. They're not terrible, but they're not especially good either. I left this and Batman Vs. Superman, feeling like I'd just given up part of my life, and gotten absolutely nothing. It was like buying a hooker, then she stops and walks away right before you get off.

Going into this I had low expectations so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome but I know what you mean. It feels like they're dropping the ball. As my girlfriend has said to me, they're trying to get into the Super Hero Universe game like Marvel, but doing so in the wrong way. She also found a lot of the stuff in Suicide Squad to be hard to believe as far as backstories go. And maybe that's more the DC Universe in general or the fact that they kind of glossed over a lot of it.

And to add to the first post, I agree with your opinion of the Joker. I had a bad feeling about it going in and seeing it in action, man...it is the Clooney of Batman.

Chris Shields

Sausage Party - Holy fucking shitballs, this was funny. It was dirty and a bit demented, and there's some seriously messed up shit, but damn was it funny. Near the end of the movie, I heard the woman sitting next to me, say "what the fuck kind of movie am I watching?" This is not a movie for the faint of heart, let's say. If you're one of those who gets offended by lots of foul language, you will hate this movie. However, if that stuff doesn't bother you, and you just want to laugh, go and see this movie. It is a lot of humor based on the foul language and sexual innuendo, and some gross out stuff, but there's some smart humor in it as well. I'm giving this one a 5 out of 5 personally, because I could not find a single thing wrong with it. It's just great dirty, nasty humor, and that's right up my alley.

ChrisShields

Doctor Strange - Marvel films steps up to bat, and hits yet another home run. This was done incredibly well. They managed to tell an origin story, without making it feel like an origin story. Benedict Cumberbatch played the role brilliantly, especially Strange's arrogance early on. I wasn't sure about Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One, but she did fantastic and it worked within the context of the movie. The guy who played Mordo (I'm not even gonna attempt to type his name) was damn good as well and really showed how important Mordo's code is to him and how rigid he is regards to it. The villain was maybe a little weak, but he served his purpose and the actor did a tremendous job. Overall, it had everything you would expect from a Marvel movie, and then some. I will say, this is one that's worth seeing in 3D. Four out of 5 stars from me.

Black Death

Quote from: ChrisShields on November 10, 2016, 05:50:11 PM
Doctor Strange - Marvel films steps up to bat, and hits yet another home run. This was done incredibly well. They managed to tell an origin story, without making it feel like an origin story. Benedict Cumberbatch played the role brilliantly, especially Strange's arrogance early on. I wasn't sure about Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One, but she did fantastic and it worked within the context of the movie. The guy who played Mordo (I'm not even gonna attempt to type his name) was damn good as well and really showed how important Mordo's code is to him and how rigid he is regards to it. The villain was maybe a little weak, but he served his purpose and the actor did a tremendous job. Overall, it had everything you would expect from a Marvel movie, and then some. I will say, this is one that's worth seeing in 3D. Four out of 5 stars from me.

I got to agree , fantastic shit .  Marvel hits a home run again.  TThey brought it to life and I for one love it.  great action , great story.   Marvel is at the "just take my money "  stage .  I am huge Dr. Strange fan  and They hit all beats that I wanted in  a movie .  The Visual Effects  is fucking awesome and I love that  cape .  I recommend it to everyone , go see it 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

ChrisShields

Hell or High Water - This was one of those movies I saw a few previews for, thought it looked kind of cool, but then forgot about. After seeing it at home, I wish I wouldn't have forgot about it. It's got an interesting plot, some good humor (it's kind of dirty/fucked up/somewhat dark humor), and damn good acting. Basic premise without giving to much away. A bank has fucked over two brothers after their mom died, they owe them to keep their land, so they start robbing those banks to pay them back with their own money. Ben Foster and Chris Pine play the brothers, two guys who I've always thought were okay, but not great. This was a movie where I thought they were really great. Jeff Bridges is fantastic as the old grumpy slightly racist Texas Ranger that's chasing after them. This was one of those movies where everything worked well, and there weren't any points where it felt like it dragged or wasn't getting to the point. There's honestly nothing I disliked about the movie, but I'm not sure I would go out and buy it. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5, just because I'm not sure how much rewatchability there is to the movie. Still, it's certainly worth a first viewing.

Mike Powers

ChrisShields

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 27, 2016, 01:31:06 AM
What don'tcha want?
One of my favorite parts was the old guy at the one bank "You boys robbing the bank? But you ain't even Mexican."

Black Death

Logan ... Go see it,  Great movie, Hugh Jackman is awesome,  Patrick Stewart is fucking the best. I recommend it to everyone. It brought out great feelings in me . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gravedigger

Quote from: Black Death on March 21, 2017, 04:20:14 PM
Logan ... Go see it,  Great movie, Hugh Jackman is awesome,  Patrick Stewart is fucking the best. I recommend it to everyone. It brought out great feelings in me .

This guy gets it. Fantastic film.

Cory

The new Dave Chappelle specials on Netflix are everything they needed to be, 10/10.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE