News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

J. Edgar

Started by Justin, November 30, 2011, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Has anyone seen this yet?  Is it worth going to the theaters or waiting until the DVD comes out?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I really, really want to see it so any review is welcome here.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

I have read that its good, not WOW, I am waiting for a good copy to hit torrent sites.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

gary it going to be a few months before that happens

but I say go see it , Eastwood is a damn good director and Leo is a great actor.  Most of the reviews that I have read is that is a  great film . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Isnt there also a film due out about Marilyn Monroe or some part of her life?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

yeah it called " my Week with Marilyn"

Colin Clark, an employee of Sir Laurence Olivier's, documents the tense interaction between Olivier and Marilyn Monroe during production of The Prince and the Showgirl.

it got some good buzz on it too.

Michelle Williams, as marilyn and  Kenneth Branagh as Olivier
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Bryan

while we're on the subject of bio films, there's a Lincoln one coming out next year with Daniel Day Lewis as Abe himself. that has potential to be very good.

Gary

I put a pic of Day Lewis dressed as Old Abe..and dammit he looks identical, that movie promises to be very good.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

I saw it and I liked it overall but it dealt too much with his sexuality and not enough with some of his controversies. Overall I would recommend it. I'll type up something a bit longer after I get home from work.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Ok now for the James review of the movie. J. Edgar is a biographical drama that hits most of the major events in the life of J. Edgar Hoover as well as his backstory about getting into the Bureau. However much of the film's personal scenes deal with his sexuality and in my opinion it takes up too much time from the actual movie. I think it was done to deal with tolerance of homosexuality but in this context it took away from some of the more controversial events in Hoover's life and the intriguing tense relationship between himself and President Nixon. I think that covers everything. Overall I will recommend this movie.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible