News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Red Tails

Started by Justin, January 23, 2012, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Fantastic movie.  Great graphics and a great story.

Marq

Good to hear!

We've been working on that movie for YEARS -- enough for it to have been an inside joke at LucasFilm that it was never gonna get done. Glad you enjoyed it, man. Lord knows the critics haven't, and it's a shame considering how much bullshit George had to go through to even get it done.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

Heard George is retiring, and some of it has to with the negative reviews to Red Tails.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Justin

I heard one person say that it had bad acting, no story plot, and filled with one-liners.

I disagree whole-heartedly.  The movie is all about the story of the Tuskegee airmen and I felt that the movie portrayed well the time period it was set in.  I think that is where people are having issues, they can't think back to the time period and comprehend what was going on.

Marq

Quote from: Gary on January 23, 2012, 05:22:43 PM
Heard George is retiring, and some of it has to with the negative reviews to Red Tails.

As far as we know, he's retiring from "big" movies. Hopefully, this means he can go back to some of the smaller, artsier stuff he did back in USC, like "THX 1138."
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

So THX 1138 - Special Edition, then the prequels, followed by the Blue Ray? All with a random scene with Greedo shooting first?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Tezmission Black

Han def shot first. The special special edition would show that.

jagilki

Quote from: Marq on January 23, 2012, 06:42:22 PM
As far as we know, he's retiring from "big" movies. Hopefully, this means he can go back to some of the smaller, artsier stuff he did back in USC, like "THX 1138."

American Graffiti 3?